THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Lets hope WADA have access to all the evidence they require including this latest farce to get the job done.

• Like 2

To be honest I am a bit.

not that I trust the integrity of the AFL. but the shiitstorm that will follow, as well as the appeals from ASADA/WADA which will make the afl look like fools(or more so...) would have been prevented by a guilty verdict and I thought the afl would have been pragmatic enough to see that.

perhaps they have done it on purpose so when the ASADA/WADA appeal succeds they don't look like the bad guy(just inept.... which is better?? hrm maybe not)

A guilty verdict would have upset the apple card for the AFL too much for their liking. The intention was always to hold a sham court and the next move is to ride roughshod over WADA/ ASADA. By the time it is over the whole issue will become irrelevant. Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Note sure I understand this reasoning:

f10c96c1-09ce-43d0-a295-d9c801b4d455_800

I thought ASADA only had to prove intent to consume TB4? The above implies that they couldn't reach comfortable satisfaction that they were administered it. No mention of intent?

Didn't Wade Lees get done on intent?

Edited by Choke
  • Like 6

I thought ASADA only had to prove intent to consume TB4? The above implies that they couldn't reach comfortable satisfaction that they were administered it. No mention of intent?

One would hope that based on the above that the club can be found guilty of intent to use prohibited substances.

• Like 1

Good cop

Bad cop

Thought it might happen.

And we now wait

Yes he did, I asked him on Twitter for a comment

• Like 2

Me too ... Looks like all you have to do to get off a doping charge is to make sure there's no record at your club of what you took.

If the not guilty verdict is allowed to stand, the entire regime of world anti-doping is in grave jeopardy.

No you were right. You said a couple of days ago that they will be found not guilty from the AFL and then they can play whilst ASADA/WADA appeal, thus allowing more list turn-over and reduced liability through match payments owed etc. Made sense at the time.

It's now official. Destroy evidence and you're off Scott free.

• Like 1

So pathetic to see the bomber fans on social media react as though this has somehow proven they aren't cheats. A non-guilty verdict on the basis of a lack of evidence when the reason there is no evidence is because the accused either destroyed or didn't keep records is a disgrace.

• Like 3

Clearly Dank will be made the scapegoat by the AFL out of all this. Will be interesting to see if ASADA/WADA do the same thing.

Now what happens? Essendrug will appeal for damages due to fines and loss of finals standing last year? I'm gonna have to go to ground for a month or so.. All the druggie supporters I've given it to over the last year or so. Phones already going ballistic with texts etc. This is bs

This is actually the worst result possible for Essendon

They possibly could have gotten away with a guilty verdict and a short-medium ban but theres zero chance WADA are going to cop a not guilty.

This is just the start of things.

• Like 1

Interesting. Let us know if he says anything.

I am astounded that the reasoning does not state anything about intent at all given the Lees case.

It may have been too hard to prove that the players had intended to use prohibited substances if they did not know what they were taking. However as I have said several times in my opinion it makes the club more culpable. Intent clearly there, Illegal substances ordered and paid for.

Edit: I cannot believe that ASADA - WADA could let them get away with this obvious rort. They ordered and paid for PED's. I still expect a big stick, but now it will be the club. This is still game on.

Edited by ManDee

This is actually the worst result possible for Essendon

They possibly could have gotten away with a guilty verdict and a short-medium ban but theres zero chance WADA are going to cop a not guilty.

This is just the start of things.

I don't know about that. WADA have been covering up positive samples in the boxing industry for years.

Nothing surprises me with WADA anymore.

It may have been too hard to prove that the players had intended to use prohibited substances if they did not know what they were taking. However as I have said several times in my opinion it makes the club more culpable. Intent clearly there, Illegal substances ordered and paid for.

Sure it may have been hard to prove, but shouldn't it be there along with the other notes.

Something like "The tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the players did not intend to take any banned substances".

I'm just not sure how to read into it that intent isn't even mentioned given Lees got 2 years for it.

Me too ... Looks like all you have to do to get off a doping charge is to make sure there's no record at your club of what you took.

If the not guilty verdict is allowed to stand, the entire regime of world anti-doping is in grave jeopardy.

I wonder how Wade Lees feels? He got 18 months purely and simply becuase he co-operated and told the tuth.

He never took anything, never even touched it, only admitted to ordering it.

Didn't know his supplement contained an illegal ingredient.

If he had denied ordering it, would he then have got off? Probably not, he is a VFL player, not an AFL player.

• Like 5

They were injected with something! TB4 or was it just some "stuff"?

So, as long as it's not found in your system and the bottle it came in doesn't have a label you are in the clear!!

The day of unbridled chemical enhancement has arrived! Let's hope Roosey and the ex Bomber bloke jump right in.

• Like 1