• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday 3rd December, 2014

The Devil Inside

Just a quick one. If I was to go watch training where would I park?

On the nature strip.

They are fairly lenient in Richmond.

Well known for it.

• Like 2

Cringe.

Just ignore it.

Am I the only one who gets sick of what's valuable and great about these training threads getting sidetracked by petty discussions of the form rather than the content?

Comments about Saty and his questions/photos have been done to death, and presumably, everyone has had their say and pitched their tents. Time to move on.

• Like 16

Just ignore it.

Am I the only one who gets sick of what's valuable and great about these training threads getting sidetracked by petty discussions of the form rather than the content?

Comments about Saty and his questions/photos have been done to death, and presumably, everyone has had their say and pitched their tents. Time to move on.

Correct, don't like Saty's comments, ignore them, and appreciated his joblessness!

Edited by AzzKikA
  • Like 1

Just ignore it.

Seriously if people want to have cheap shots at Saty why are you reading these threads go somewhere else and leave it to those of us who are very appreciative of getting some info on how the team is going. I live interstate and I really appreciate reading his training threads and getting the benefits of Saty's relationship with the players where his dedicated commitment as a supporter is rewarded by giving him information that a lot of people don't get. He doesn't need to make the effort to take the time to write this all up for those of us who can't get there.

Seriously have a look at yourself and stop using these forums for an outlet for your own personal issues. Do us all a favour and just don't read them.

• Like 17

Just ignore it.

I'm a huge fan of Saty's work and I'd be lost without his training reports. On the same token, especially this week we've bought in 4 kids who are just 18 years old and have dreamed about footy their whole life. They've got media in their face all week, club officials wanting photos to throw out to us, the members to give us some hope and I imagine they'd be hammered by family and friends giving their two cents on how their following months will play out. My only concern was your new draftee is your classic 'yes' man just doing everything and anything because he's not sure what's expected of him. I'd hope supporters would give these guys a few weeks to acclimatise to AFL footy before we start taking pictures and asking them about their playing weight. They are simply young kids about to go on their dream journey, I don't see the need for us to hound them for quotes.

I've just started a new job recently and the first few weeks are daunting as you often are in no position to say no.. you just want everyone to like the work you are doing whether you're snowed under for weekends of pointless work or not.

I think there is a fine line between being supporters of the club and having an expectation that as soon as they come to the club who reads out their name, that they're available for pictures at our beck and call. There is an interesting case in the NFL at the moment where a popular running back Marshawn Lynch keeps getting fined because he's uncomfortable speaking with the media. He's just an awkward as hell guy who doesn't like it so he chooses not too. The NFL have responded by fining him $100,000. The sad truth is these athletes now have to speak to us so it doesn't surprise me when the players never say no to a chat or a photo.. The industry they're in doesn't allow them to get supporters offside especially in an era of social media. You say no to the wrong person and Twitter goes bang.

I hope when Sat reads this he doesn't take it as a personal crack, it's more a general look at the sporting industry as a whole. It may be good money to play the game you love but there's far more to it than just football these days. God, imagine being a Collingwood player and dealing with their fans.

• Like 6

You know what you are going to get with Saty so I don't really understand the angst either. Love his work.

I buy a Big Mac because I like it but I always throw away the pickle. Maybe some should try the same with Saty's reports ? It's not that hard.

• Like 7

You know what you are going to get with Saty so I don't really understand the angst either. Love his work.

I buy a Big Mac because I like it but I always throw away the pickle. Maybe some should try the same with Saty's reports ? It's not that hard.

Can I have your pickle please Mr. Bean

• Like 5

just lost respect for you Nut !! lol

• Like 4

It was a parable - ( not a very good one ). Haven't eaten one of those wretched things for years.

Ive always thought a Big Mac com-parable to many things, none of which is a burger !!

• Like 3

Does every training report Saty posts have to derail into an assessment of how valuable/invaluable/cringeworthy he is? It feels like we talk about Saty more than the actual players.

Can't we just read his reports and look at his photos, or not, as we each see fit?

• Like 6

Does every training report Saty posts have to derail into an assessment of how valuable/invaluable/cringeworthy he is? It feels like we talk about Saty more than the actual players.

Can't we just read his reports and look at his photos, or not, as we each see fit?

Bottom line is - don't stop the reports Saty....

• Like 12

Seriously if people want to have cheap shots at Saty why are you reading these threads go somewhere else and leave it to those of us who are very appreciative of getting some info on how the team is going.

Not going to go on about it, my only comment is that if he is telling players on our list - particularly very young ones who are just settling in - things that I (and maybe the club?) thinks they should not be being told by a supporter on the sidelines, "don't read it" isn't much of a solution.

No doubt you don't agree that he's doing anything harmful and you think I'm being precious. Fine. It's my view, and I shall put it forward, just as you have put yours forward.

I love reading the reports. I love that he's got the confidence to say g'day to the players and have a chat; I wouldn't be able to do it. I hope he doesn't stop. I just don't like him saying "the supporters all reckon you're struggling", or "the supporters all think you're overweight".

• Like 5

I'm a huge fan of Saty's work and I'd be lost without his training reports. On the same token, especially this week we've bought in 4 kids who are just 18 years old and have dreamed about footy their whole life. They've got media in their face all week, club officials wanting photos to throw out to us, the members to give us some hope and I imagine they'd be hammered by family and friends giving their two cents on how their following months will play out. My only concern was your new draftee is your classic 'yes' man just doing everything and anything because he's not sure what's expected of him. I'd hope supporters would give these guys a few weeks to acclimatise to AFL footy before we start taking pictures and asking them about their playing weight. They are simply young kids about to go on their dream journey, I don't see the need for us to hound them for quotes.

I've just started a new job recently and the first few weeks are daunting as you often are in no position to say no.. you just want everyone to like the work you are doing whether you're snowed under for weekends of pointless work or not.

I think there is a fine line between being supporters of the club and having an expectation that as soon as they come to the club who reads out their name, that they're available for pictures at our beck and call. There is an interesting case in the NFL at the moment where a popular running back Marshawn Lynch keeps getting fined because he's uncomfortable speaking with the media. He's just an awkward as hell guy who doesn't like it so he chooses not too. The NFL have responded by fining him $100,000. The sad truth is these athletes now have to speak to us so it doesn't surprise me when the players never say no to a chat or a photo.. The industry they're in doesn't allow them to get supporters offside especially in an era of social media. You say no to the wrong person and Twitter goes bang.

I hope when Sat reads this he doesn't take it as a personal crack, it's more a general look at the sporting industry as a whole. It may be good money to play the game you love but there's far more to it than just football these days. God, imagine being a Collingwood player and dealing with their fans.

A reasonable and moderate view.

Edited by jabberwocky

footy season hasnt started yet has it ?? :rolleyes:

Big Macs might make you feel good for a moment, but they are not good for your health or the world in general. I don't eat them anymore.

Why are people getting stuck into bing - all he said was 'move on.'

And so much angst over CB's one word post...

He can't post a reaction? It's not like he condemned anyone.

Was CB's one word post necessary? I doubt that the angst is over just that one post, but more over the number of times Saty's reports get shoved aside and the focus goes squarely onto his comments about something he might have said to a player for a bit of a laugh.