Here we go again

Would you rather he does it during the season?

The bloke is on annual leave, he can drink as much as he wants.

As we all are! Nothing wrong with it. But he is in the public eye?

Alas, the tweet is gone.

Obviously someone at the MFC has been onto him!

The man is a renowned nuff nuff, anybody in S.A could tell you that, but yes the man can play, way past his best, but easily amongst the MFC best.

Dead set losers cant' be choosers.

• Like 2

As this example shows, not all footballers understand that they are part of the entertainment industry, in which image is paramount. Saying something politically incorrect, for whatever reason, can have a swift and very negative impact. Personally, I think that modern society is far too swift to condemn and far too slow to forgive, but an experienced AFL player like Bernie should know better than to post things like that. But as long has he deletes the remarks, and makes an appropriate apology, it will soon be yesterday's news.

• Like 1

I was actually waiting for the obvious line

FFS get a grip.

Bernie made a lame joke and I hope he had a few beers because it was ordinary.

He's a country lad and I daresay is way more desensitised to this than city folk.

I doubt he would've posted it had he seen the anguish of the owners, strappers etc

It's sad for the horse and connections but [censored] happens.

• Like 7

All okay GV. But am now ready for dinner and a good night. So goodnight to all!

Let me guess? He hasn't conVINCEd me with that one?

no...was thinking more along the lines of coming......... :rolleyes:

Hmmm.. I thought you were more hinting at flogging ... :blink::blink:

...coming d--d last !!! :unsure:

• Like 1

I have a simple solution to anyone who did not like his joke....

Don't laugh!

He broke no laws, he hurt no one, he stole nothing, he punched no one, he did nothing wrong in the eyes of the laws of this country.

A young man, senior player or not he is a young man, who said something stupid like a hundred thousand other young men did to today. None of them made the news. He owes us nothing and has no responsibility to act or behave in anyway that pleases anyone other them himself.

It's societies own fault that we put sports people on the pedestal above people who's opinions actually matter. Footballers are nothing more then average young men with a very specific skill set that involves running around with a ball for our entertainment.

Anyone who expects anything more from a footballer then an on field performance has only themselves to blame for expecting anything more.

I guarantee every single person here who has a crack at Bernie will completely forget this the moment he kicks his first goal in the red and blue next year. That is the only thing bernie is paid to do is play football. He, like me or anyone else is free to say or do what ever he likes in his own time and has no recponcibility to only say things that please the easily offended.

Shiit joke Bernie, but does not deserve the ridicule being dished out.

• Like 5

Horses are magnificent animals and I for one was upset with today's events as I was in 1979 when another cup favourite died during the running, the mighty Dulcify.

Stupid comment Bernie but not a hanging offence.

• Like 2

Alas, the tweet is gone.

The tweet may be gone, but Twitter should go.

It causes more trouble than than the good it gives.

Let's keep the gee gees and get rid the uncontrolled social media.

When you combine alcohol, a not very smart bloke (but good footballer), a over hyped horse race and social media...... you get a dumb tweet like this. These guys might be better to run social media posts via the club's media dept first. Not going to happen, but if you are that stupid, it would help.

And tell me again why we have a public holiday for a horse race? But that's another issue...

• Like 1

Horse racing industry is pure exploitation and run just for profit. If there was no money in it how many in the industry would care about horses?

125 horses died on Australian racetracks over a 12 month period - thousands more are also sent to the knackery when no longer profitable. Today added two more casualties to those statistics.

• Like 4

The bloke makes a slightly insensitive remark about a horse after a million beers and the politically correct do-gooders find someone to pay out on for 24 hours. Get a life.

The frustrating thing is it was always going to wind people up, and for what? At best, a few chuckles.

I'm not at all offended, just frustrated by the lack of judgement.

• Like 2