• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I know we made a profit in 2014, but I've said it before in other threads about the possibility of Melbourne playing their VFL team out at Punt Rd,

I don't know where we're going to find the money to pay Richmond to let us use their ground let alone take over Punt Rd!

WJ's suggestion about Prahran would be a little more realistic, or Victoria Park, seeing as it's not owned by Collingwood anymore. But personally I'm now living in one of the houses right next to Casey Fields, a 5 min walk from the ground. So I hope the Dees stay here for the next 20 years plus!

By contrast I live in the shadow of the MCG and would dearly love to have our firsts and seconds both within a ten minute stroll of my home!

Re the comments about embracing the local community, I think it would be good if a better way of bonding with local junior clubs could be found - Casey is in a different position vis a vis the locals compared to any of the others but I really don't have any answers.

Perhaps, a return to a team that represents the Dandenong region and beyond.

Meanwhile, the Casey recruiting machine continues to find young talent but no big names as yet.

Latest signings are North Ballarat Rebels captain Keegan Mason (194cm) and VAFA U19 rep Brandon Droeseller (Kew/Box Hill Sec College).

Re the comments about embracing the local community, I think it would be good if a better way of bonding with local junior clubs could be found - Casey is in a different position vis a vis the locals compared to any of the others but I really don't have any answers.

Perhaps, a return to a team that represents the Dandenong region and beyond.

Meanwhile, the Casey recruiting machine continues to find young talent but no big names as yet.

Latest signings are North Ballarat Rebels captain Keegan Mason (194cm) and VAFA U19 rep Brandon Droeseller (Kew/Box Hill Sec College).

Let us hope that we can give the VFL a bit of a shake this year KC!

Thanks for your match reports during the year; they are always read with interest!

I know Keegan Mason was their ruckman this year so its good to have a big tall at Casey as we had way too many small guys and not one big ruckman to step up after Spencer went down and Gawn elevated to the seniors at times.

I know Keegan Mason was their ruckman this year so its good to have a big tall at Casey as we had way too many small guys and not one big ruckman to step up after Spencer went down and Gawn elevated to the seniors at times.

Rowan Marshall was their ruckman, Mason gave him the odd chop out and is too small to ruck at higher level. Casey won't be winning games if he is rucking. Might be a chance to play some seniors as a key fwd/back. Possible chance as a fwd with 5 minute spells in the ruck but unlikely he can win that role off King or Fitz

I would personally love it if we moved to Punt Road and took over the Richmond Ground. After all, the Punt Road Oval is in the City of Melbourne [and was never in Richmond]. Why don't we do a take-over and let them relocate to the Kevin Bartlett Oval [in Richmond]? That seems a good deal to me, especially as we let them play their Senior (AFL) games at the MCG, our traditional home ground ever since we started life as the Melbourne Cricket Club Football Club (MCCFC)

Is it true that we were offered first rights over the Olympic Park before Eddy was? I think it might have been during Zondys' rein or Gardners'

I believe so but we passed as we didn't have the cash to develop the joint

Can't recall who was running the show at the time

Hmmmmmmm in retrospect if our relationship with the MCC had been better and properly developed then we could have requested their assistance on business terms: LOST Opportunity

Is it true that we were offered first rights over the Olympic Park before Eddy was? I think it might have been during Zondys' rein or Gardners'

so the narrative goes

but not sure if a definite offer or just sounded out for interest

the cupboard was bare though

I believe it was in the Gutnick era and it was decided that it would put us too much in debt although I stand to be corrected.

If true could be seen as a wise decision at the time considering what was to come or not.

The Casey recruiting spree continues with exciting 22-year-old Dingley speedster Luke Walmsley (189cm, 70kg) coming on board at the Scorpions.

Walmsley was the runaway winner (by 7 votes) of this year's Ellis Medal for the Best and Fairest player in the Southern Football League Division One and was also his team's best player in this year's grand final loss to East Brighton. The long-striding, athletic speedster reads the play well and is a great kick was encouraged to move to state league ranks by his coach, former Magpie star Shane Morwood who described him as a "running machine". The explosive Walmsley could be just the player to replace the departing Jake Best.

• Like 5

The Casey recruiting spree continues with exciting 22-year-old Dingley speedster Luke Walmsley (189cm, 70kg) coming on board at the Scorpions.

Walmsley was the runaway winner (by 7 votes) of this year's Ellis Medal for the Best and Fairest player in the Southern Football League Division One and was also his team's best player in this year's grand final loss to East Brighton. The long-striding, athletic speedster reads the play well and is a great kick was encouraged to move to state league ranks by his coach, former Magpie star Shane Morwood who described him as a "running machine". The explosive Walmsley could be just the player to replace the departing Jake Best.

Good news KC. Where has Best gone?

Regarding Punt Road Oval

1 When Punt Road was widened the ground was shortened to an extent that makes it unsuitable for senior footy.

2 Richmond received a government grant to build facilities that cater for disadvantaged youth with a focus upon indigenous teens.

If you catch the train to Richmond station and walk past the ground to the MCG on game day you can clearly see that it belongs to the Tigers.

Community engagement is the first priority. Injured listed players attending local competition matches and signing autographs at junior matches provides a tangible commitment to the area.

Players being the celebrity that hands out the cups on award nights.

Ground roots hard work brings recognition and is the basis of many a long lasting political career regardless of the caliber of the individual.

Jake Best had a great season in 2013 when Casey was one of the leading sides in the competition. Like most of his teammates, he found things a lot tougher this year. He gave it his best shot and was probably an outside chance for a rookie spot 12 months ago. He will be missed at the Scorpions but life must go on.

The 2014 VFL fixture came out during the week.

Highlights:

The Casey Scorpions will start the season at home against Frankston in Round 1.

Round 6 will see the Scorpions host a night game against Richmond at Casey Fields.

New coach Justin Plapp will not have to coach against his old club Williamstown till Round 18.

Casey plays 11 games against 2014 finalists.

With Bendigo Gold out of the competition, there will be a bye every week and each team will have two byes for the season with the Scorpions' byes coming in Round 7 & 11.

so the narrative goes

but not sure if a definite offer or just sounded out for interest

the cupboard was bare though

spend money to make money, our problem has been disaffected supporter base. having an open home base would be the first & strongest thing we could offer supporters to make melbourne theirs.

I believe it was in the Gutnick era and it was decided that it would put us too much in debt although I stand to be corrected.

If true could be seen as a wise decision at the time considering what was to come or not.

I have it on very good authority that when Gutnick prevaricated - Eddie jumped in. In no sense could it be called a wise decision.It is one of the reasons I shudder whenever anyone mentions the "Gutnick era".

It was an opportunity to cement our future in the MCG precinct - and we let it go to the enemy.It may well have led to seemingly crippling levels of debt - but the AFL would have kept us afloat and the MCC would have had reason to re-embrace us even more fully than they have.It would have given us the profile necessary to attract far greater corporate support than we have obtained.

Anyway this thread is about Casey. Let's hope we continue to build the alliance.

I would like to think we could work with Casey as the Casey Demons - with Demons replacing Scorpions on the club logo. Casey might see this as weakening its local identity. But the Scorpion ties it back to Springvale as much as to the wider region Casey now represents.The tag " Demon" gives the alignment a more permanent feel - and might help change the divisive perceptions that surround decisions to send Melbourne listed players on holiday at VFL finals time

I have it on very good authority that when Gutnick prevaricated - Eddie jumped in. In no sense could it be called a wise decision.It is one of the reasons I shudder whenever anyone mentions the "Gutnick era".

I have no affiliation with Gutnick but this view is mis-worded or just wrong. Either way it gets up my frock.

If Joe had not thrown $3 million into the ring we would not exist. He didnt cheat or make the wrong decisions. He hired the executives he was advised to and they seemed to be competant. Nobody then knew how how badly they phoned in their work.

Dont forget a few here who still pot Joe were behind Szondy. Money talks and BS it seems stinks forever. /end rant

• Like 1

I have no affiliation with Gutnick but this view is mis-worded or just wrong. Either way it gets up my frock.

If Joe had not thrown $3 million into the ring we would not exist. He didnt cheat or make the wrong decisions. He hired the executives he was advised to and they seemed to be competant. Nobody then knew how how badly they phoned in their work.

Dont forget a few here who still pot Joe were behind Szondy. Money talks and BS it seems stinks forever. /end rant

2.7 million.