Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Interesting

Beams is a very good footy player - I can't see him at the Dees as the only reason he's leaving the Pies is to be closer to his dad.... I don't know why the MFC would be invoied

Am not saying you're lying PB but it don't make sense to me

If the Pies refuse to deal with Brisbane - then maybe GWS is an option for Beams? Which is why I can see us being involved to get a GWS mid, picks (2 or 3) to pies and beams to GWS (as they'll be trading for Griffen as well I can see them giving up something)

And geting picks for Trengove to facilitate this trade makes sense - otherwise I have no idea what we're doing - I don't see us chasing picks

Interesting times

I'd like to know where it is said his dad is the ONLY reason for leaving the Pies pls??? Yes it is the only EXCUSE given by his manager & Eddie but if it were the only reason why would he have already walked out on the club, didn't go to the b&f? Especially while they are supposedly in talks to get him where he wants to go? Doesn't sound like a bloke who would otherwise be staying at the Lies, I mean Pies, now does it?

If it was only about his dad & nothing else his manager wouldn't have ruled the Gold Coast out of discussions (where his dad lives btw) because they can't match the Brissy offer.

This is the biggest week for the MFC since the 2000 GF. I have been muted so no names will be mentioned, but if all goes to plan we will end up with 2 A Graders plus pick 2. The 2 players would enter our list as the 2 best players on our list. Roos may need to settle for a less experienced likely A Grader (a Tyson like) but this is not plan A. Don't be surprised if at least 1 of the players gained has been unmentioned on DL or the media. We are the main player in a massive game of chess. Roos is already a legend, on Thursday evening he may have become a God. A Demon God no less.

It's funny. I've been pretty confident throughout the last few days that we'll get at least one star into the club. Given our available picks, I'm hoping 2 A graders are very doable. I'm certainly hoping this is a game changing week for our club.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

Maybe LM is Lumumba? Not initials but kinda sounds like it...

Would like to add SF in too.

You could well and truly be right there. I can't think of anyone else that LM would fit for off the top of my head, although I'm sure someone will come up with something.

Frost seems to be a cert, either through the PSD or for a late pick as well. The next 4 days are going to be torture...

Sorry HL. Also pick 2 may need to be downgraded slightly, but only to a level that Roos is still likely to get the player he wants.

Seriously GNF, your input on here is invaluable. I know you won't always be completely spot on, but you've confirmed what I think most of us thought would pan out when the Trengove news hit the media airwaves. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

• Like 1

This is the biggest week for the MFC since the 2000 GF. I have been muted so no names will be mentioned, but if all goes to plan we will end up with 2 A Graders plus pick 2. The 2 players would enter our list as the 2 best players on our list. Roos may need to settle for a less experienced likely A Grader (a Tyson like) but this is not plan A. Don't be surprised if at least 1 of the players gained has been unmentioned on DL or the media. We are the main player in a massive game of chess. Roos is already a legend, on Thursday evening he may have become a God. A Demon God no less.

See, how am I supposed to sleep until next Thursday now? This would be tremendous, obviously. With our draft picks, we already have enough trade material to net at least one A-grader (assuming the player and their current club were willing). I'm curious though about how we get this done while keeping pick 2. It would mean goodbye to at least one more member of our current starting 18. I'll sit back and wait. Impatiently.

• Like 3

Sorry HL. Also pick 2 may need to be downgraded slightly, but only to a level that Roos is still likely to get the player he wants.

Assuming we'd want to stay in the top 10, the next clubs to pick in the top 10 after us at 3 are GWS, WB, Carlton, GC, Collingwood, Adelaide.

Getting warmer GNF?

I'd like to know where it is said his dad is the ONLY reason for leaving the Pies pls??? Yes it is the only EXCUSE given by his manager & Eddie but if it were the only reason why would he have already walked out on the club, didn't go to the b&f? Especially while they are supposedly in talks to get him where he wants to go? Doesn't sound like a bloke who would otherwise be staying at the Lies, I mean Pies, now does it?

If it was only about his dad & nothing else his manager wouldn't have ruled the Gold Coast out of discussions (where his dad lives btw) because they can't match the Brissy offer.

I hear what you're saying... And don't get me wrong would love Beams

But we can only go with the facts we know - Beams wants to go to QLD to be with his family.

Thats the only reason I say Beams wouldn't be a traget - can only deal with the facts at hand. And to repeat, I hear what you're saying but that is only speculation (it may be true but speculation)

is it dependant on Trengove being traded?

And again thanks for the input you know - I too realise things change and can change quickly in footy. info that was right can change pretty quickly

Edited by Unleash Hell

My money would be on GWS letting a homesick mid go.

With Griffen's arrival and a loss of draft picks I can see them wanting to trade back in.

No info, just a guess.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 3

OMG IM SOO EXCITED NOW :DDDDD hope your right!

My money would be on GWS letting a homesick mid go.

With Griffen's arrival and a loss of draft picks I can see thm wanting to trade back in.

No info, just a guess.

Agree. If GNF is right, Roos could be after a certain GWS player, but might have to accept another and hopefully Frost thrown into the deal.

I still think Beams will go to Lions.

That leaves our mate at the Crows as a possibility or Bernie Vince's mate, the bloke with two surnames, possibly.

The part of the statement that intrigues me, is that GNF said both players would be the best two on our list.

Agree. If GNF is right, Roos could be after a certain GWS player, but might have to accept another and hopefully Frost thrown into the deal.

That leaves our mate at the Crows as a possibility or Bernie Vince's mate, the bloke with two surnames, possibly.

The part of the statement that intrigues me, is that GNF said both players would be the best two on our list.

Yeah, me too. That threw me a little. Of course, some of that is subjective, but it made me think that we're hopeful of landing Dangerfield (or Beams) and then someone else who we haven't broached or discussed on DL.

That narrows it down to about 40-45 current AFL players. With a good game of Demonland Cluedo, we can get this.

• Like 1

I'd moderate your excitement. GNF was way off the mark with Clark. My experience of trade week is much is discussed, little happens.

BTW, I love the speculation and rumours.

• Like 1

GNF merely passed on the information he had at the time re Clark (if we are to take him on his word).

Clark pulled the rug out from under the club at the last minute. Not much GNF or anyone could do to predict it.

• Like 3

I think I love you.

How about GWS gives us Cameron in return for us taking Scully back?

No way ...then we would have to pay the little turd.

Edited by jabberwocky