Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

I'd be offering Charlie Dixon 750,000 a year and Gold Coast pick 3.

Whereas, I'd be offering Shiel that cash. ;) Agree we're probably lacking another forward in the wake of Clark's about-face though. If we were going after a forward, I'd go Cameron. :P

Get in Dangers ear give him a bit of a coin and tell him we'll be playing finals before Adelaide, plus he gets to come home.

He requests a trade to us, we sit in the box seat, hand over pick 2 + pick 23 (And if it'll do anything, Tapscott), keep Pick 3, draft Angus Brayshaw.

The Beams trade is taking forever which is holding everyone up.

one wonders why the beams trade is holding up the HL swap, after all collingwood does not want HL and they want Varco regardless of whether beams is there or not. So what is the problem with those damn birds cannt they multi-task.

one wonders why the beams trade is holding up the HL swap, after all collingwood does not want HL and they want Varco regardless of whether beams is there or not. So what is the problem with those damn birds cannt they multi-task.

Don't expect the world from them!

Varcoe was talking to Buckley and one or both of them is in Bali.

Whereas, I'd be offering Shiel that cash. ;) Agree we're probably lacking another forward in the wake of Clark's about-face though. If we were going after a forward, I'd go Cameron. :P

It was mentioned on fox sports news last night that Cameron was spotted in Adelaide yesterday. Cameron denied it saying he was playing golf in Sydney. Did anyone else hear this rumour?

Because we desperately need high quality mids and he's a KPP/pinch ruck, so let's get him?

We also need a KP forward.

Dawes, Hogan, Pederson, Fitzy and Gawn. Won't really cut it, but if we get Dixon in that probably fills the gap. Although wright/mccartin is probably ideal

Because we desperately need high quality mids and he's a KPP/pinch ruck, so let's get him?

We desperately need high quality players. The majority of the footballing world have Petracca going at number one. If we hang on to the picks, we'll probably grab Brayshaw at two. Who do we take at three? The next best midfielder? Most people now are talking about McCartin, Lever and Wright as in the frame for our pick three. We're into the second half of trade week and the Tyson-like deal so many have talked about over the past 6 months is seemingly more and more unlikely. If you had a choice between McCartin, Lever, Wright and Dixon, who would you take? Dixon gives us a proven forward who has the ability to play the second ruck role - a clear deficiency in our list. Dixon will be All-Australian the moment his body allows him to play a full season. Without wanting to stir emotions, he's the closest thing in the AFL to a 2012 Mitch Clark.

Dixon's way too injury prone to be given any consideration whatsoever.

In his 4 years at the Suns he's played just 10, 12, 13 and 14 games.

• Like 2

It was mentioned on fox sports news last night that Cameron was spotted in Adelaide yesterday. Cameron denied it saying he was playing golf in Sydney. Did anyone else hear this rumour?

Must have been one hell of a wild tee shot.

• Like 8

There may potentially be something in this. He is from Dartmoor which is on the South Australian border. Adelaide is the closest capital city by far to his family.

We desperately need high quality players. The majority of the footballing world have Petracca going at number one. If we hang on to the picks, we'll probably grab Brayshaw at two. Who do we take at three? The next best midfielder? Most people now are talking about McCartin, Lever and Wright as in the frame for our pick three. We're into the second half of trade week and the Tyson-like deal so many have talked about over the past 6 months is seemingly more and more unlikely. If you had a choice between McCartin, Lever, Wright and Dixon, who would you take? Dixon gives us a proven forward who has the ability to play the second ruck role - a clear deficiency in our list. Dixon will be All-Australian the moment his body allows him to play a full season. Without wanting to stir emotions, he's the closest thing in the AFL to a 2012 Mitch Clark.

Dixon is injury prone, so yes, he is like Clark in that respect.

While we do need a lot of high quality players, I was referring to the biggest need, which is high quality mids. I'd push hard for a midfielder trade with 3 rather than a KPP.

Dixon is injury prone, so yes, he is like Clark in that respect.

While we do need a lot of high quality players, I was referring to the biggest need, which is high quality mids. I'd push hard for a midfielder trade with 3 rather than a KPP.

I would too but if an appropriate midfielder isn't available I'd still be keen to use pick 3 on a player with 3 - 5 years experience who is gettable and has Clark-like/Tyson-like potential to move from being a 'B' grader into an elite player of the competition. That's what I think Clark did in his first year at the club and that's what I anticipate Tyson will continue to do over the next few years. If we couldn't find a midfielder to trade for would you use both picks in the draft or look for a mature key position player?

I would too but if an appropriate midfielder isn't available I'd still be keen to use pick 3 on a player with 3 - 5 years experience who is gettable and has Clark-like/Tyson-like potential to move from being a 'B' grader into an elite player of the competition. That's what I think Clark did in his first year at the club and that's what I anticipate Tyson will continue to do over the next few years. If we couldn't find a midfielder to trade for would you use both picks in the draft or look for a mature key position player?

Interesting scenario. Yes I think that makes sense to trade for a bit of experience and quality KPP if we cannot for a suitable mid. The issue is getting someone worth giving up pick 3 to want to come to us. We'd have to throw a big contract at Dixon (as opposed to using 3 in the draft) which will have to slot into our cap. But I'd rather that then paying average players already on our list overinflated contracts, which is what we've been doing in the past.

Have to say with Garlett, Lumumba ?, Frost? coming in and the senior players we recruited last year, unless we can nab a Treloar/Shiel or Danger with one of Picks 2 or 3 I am leaning more towards taking the two picks to the draft taking two mids out of Petracca/Brayshaw/Lever and building for the future.

For those saying this club can't wait two years I agree we can't have another two years of 4 wins but we have a new FD now and an 8 win and being very competative is an improvement, we need to look long term at what we are trying to build, Roos and the FD were very succesful last season in bringing in some older players whilst also taking some young players through the draft.

Be like Hawthorn build the list through the draft picking up some senior bodied players as you go and then when your window opens go for the top ups via FA

• Like 2

Have to say with Garlett, Lumumba ?, Frost? coming in and the senior players we recruited last year, unless we can nab a Treloar/Shiel or Danger with one of Picks 2 or 3 I am leaning more towards taking the two picks to the draft taking two mids out of Petracca/Brayshaw/Lever and building for the future.

For those saying this club can't wait two years I agree we can't have another two years of 4 wins but we have a new FD now and an 8 win and being very competative is an improvement, we need to look long term at what we are trying to build, Roos and the FD were very succesful last season in bringing in some older players whilst also taking some young players through the draft.

Be like Hawthorn build the list through the draft picking up some senior bodied players as you go and then when your window opens go for the top ups via FA

Whilst I generally agree with your post here, mate, I'm concerned that our midfield is still alarmingly weak. If we have to draft two kids, no matter how good they may be, they'll essentially be thrown to the wolves again, given our lack of depth in the middle. We really do need that A grade star to come in and take the pressure off young kids coming through. Hi Patrick. (Yes, seeming very unlikely)

• Like 1

Whilst I generally agree with your post here, mate, I'm concerned that our midfield is still alarmingly weak. If we have to draft two kids, no matter how good they may be, they'll essentially be thrown to the wolves again, given our lack of depth in the middle. We really do need that A grade star to come in and take the pressure off young kids coming through. Hi Patrick. (Yes, seeming very unlikely)

Agree, pick 2 for a talented kid, pick 3 for one ready made talented AFL player eg. Shiel.

But at the moment it appears no one wants to give up that player or that player doesn't want to come to us, So picks 2 and 3 will need to be taken to draft.

I don't believe bucks went to Bali just to talk to Varcoe??? he must be chasing another over there. who is outa contract & in Bali Indo?

I'm sure Bucks is on an end of season lads footy trip, seams like the kind of f-log that is stuck in the past.

Edited by boydie

It is weak but improving and as I said unless you are going to get one of those players I put in there I would go to the draft, you can still get kids ready to go and just need to manage them correctly. Lets not also forget Roos will be working on having a list of players who can rotate through the midfield so next year you will see Jones, Vince, Tyson, Viney, Cross, Trengove, Toumpas, Salem, Michie, Bail, Riley all with the ability to rotate through.

Whilst not star studded I think natural progression will see improvement along with Picks 2 & 3 getting some game time (or who we may trade in for those picks) and Pick 23.

I think trading in the wrong players may increase our wins next season but could have a long term effect of stepping backwards in 2017

I'm sure Bucks is on an end of season lads footy trip, seams like the kind of f-log that is stuck in the past.

I don't think Bucks is on holidays when his career is on the clothes line.

he's working overtime, undermining in the best car'ton traditions.