WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HERITIER LUMUMBA

Moonshadow

Imagine how boring the locker room would be with this guy in it

Would totally kill the mood and comraderie

This is the most stupid and dumbest thing I have ever read.

What comraderie are we talking about exactly? Have you been inside the locker room with the players have you?

There is a reason why gay AFL players are too scared to come out into the public because its stuff like bantering about gays that makes it real sensitive issue for them.

Harry O stands up for something he trully believes in and he gets the absolute [censored] canned out of him!

Ben Cousins smokes meth and is hailed a hero and a bloody legend!?

He is still only 27 so he has alot of good footy ahead of him. Paul Roos recruited Bernie Vince at 28 and arguably had his best season since his BnF year 2009.

If he was to come to us lets absolutely have faith in Roosy to get him back to his All Australian form.

Cannot believe G A Y is cencored....

Edited by Nasher
de-censored words
  • Like 7

Paul Roos and Lumumba spotted at a cafe this morning.

He and Malceski would be the backline pickups we need this offseason.

Major upgrades on what we currently have.

One is a linebreaker with real pace, the other a solid and reliable defender, who can set up play with good disposal and also kick the odd goal.

• Like 3

I don't want us to be a middle rung team and win a few more games. That's what these guys would bring. I want players that will take us to the ultimate success, some like Cross will not be there as players then but will have played a big part in the overall scheme. I don't think Robinson would add anything and have my doubts about H.

Yep, would much rather sit in the cold and watch us win 4 games a year until this year's five amazing new 'going to be a superstar' draftees reach 26 years old together.

What is with Roosy meeting people in cafes? If I was headhunting a high profile contracted employee and they wanted to meet up in the local cafe I would assume they were playing me. So unprofessional.

Mark Neeld met Mitch Clark at a Brisbane Plaza.

Whats your point?

• Like 1

Guess you have never played team sport before

guys like Harry O Brien are the absolute worst to play with

I would confidently say that I've played team sports for longer and to a higher level, and therefore been exposed to the things Lumumba rightfully feels uncomfortable and frustrated about.

And I'd also say that like Lumumba, there are things that frustrate and disappoint me hugely in a stereotypical 'blokey' environment... It's a deeply rooted issue and I'd go on to say that I highly doubt the throway line about the mardi gras in isolation would have been the reason he has an issue. It would be a series of repetitive remarks over his career that has culminated in his frustration to such an issue.

• Like 9

Yep, would much rather sit in the cold and watch us win 4 games a year until this year's five amazing new 'going to be a superstar' draftees reach 26 years old together.

You really don't get it do you. Where did I say anything about 5 amazing new draftees?

I don't know how many seasons you've been sitting in the cold, but I've spent enough standing in the rain to know we have to get it right this time. Winning a few more games and being a middle rung side will mean a long slow death for the club.

I reckon Cross and Vince offer a lot to us, the list and moving us forward in a meaningful way. I'm pretty sure Robinson won't and I'm undecided on H although I'm more negative than positive on him.

There will be other players out there that will give us more of the Cross, Vince thing and that's what we should be looking for, not just jumping at anyone that bobs up who might be an improvement on our current list. That will be a lot of players.

We also have to balance things out with more Tyson's and Hogan's.

No doubt Paul Roos has reassessed where our list is at and has pinpointed our lack of depth, leadership and experience as one of the factors in our end of season fade out.

If, as I suspect, we're going to have a fairly massive clean out, then the Lumumba types are going to be among the ones sought after. We are definitely going to also be short of players in the 23 to 25 year age bracket which is where I expect a major part of the cull will also take place i.e to replace those wasted and failed draft picks from 2008/2011.

So we can expect to see the likes of Lumumba, Robinson and Garlett among the players we're going to be chasing whether people like them or not.

However, getting these types won't be the end of the recruiting game. We need to recruit elite midfield youth like Petracca and Brayshaw and at least one other top level player. Our list is going to look very different again in 2015.

• Like 1

Jack...hear what you say but Id be very surprised if Harry was even on our radar

I don't mind the idea of recruiting H, I reckon he would add something to our side, and Roos could get some really good footy out of him

probably depends on his price really

You really don't get it do you. Where did I say anything about 5 amazing new draftees?

I don't know how many seasons you've been sitting in the cold, but I've spent enough standing in the rain to know we have to get it right this time. Winning a few more games and being a middle rung side will mean a long slow death for the club.

I reckon Cross and Vince offer a lot to us, the list and moving us forward in a meaningful way. I'm pretty sure Robinson won't and I'm undecided on H although I'm more negative than positive on him.

There will be other players out there that will give us more of the Cross, Vince thing and that's what we should be looking for, not just jumping at anyone that bobs up who might be an improvement on our current list. That will be a lot of players.

We also have to balance things out with more Tyson's and Hogan's.

Of course I get it - we just disagree on how to get there.

We should definitely be going after pretty much anybody who improves us and is willing to come. I didn't say you made the draftees point, but you'll also notice I didn't put any quote marks in. What I'm saying is that we can either pick up a whole lot more young kids and lose Frawley this year, thereby reducing our list age even more, or go after players of a similar age who are ready to go and make an immediate improvement.

I can guarantee that the only thing that will mean a quicker death for this club than being mid-table and winning a few more games is being on the bottom, waiting for the tide to turn with speculative draft picks.

We will get the Tysons and Hogans as well - it isn't as if they are going to give up picks 2 and 3 for a player like Heritier.

• Like 1

I'm not sure we are watching the same game as others. I have never noticed that he is a poor kick either.

I love the way he grabs the ball and takes off with it - sometimes gets himself into trouble doing so but fortune favors the brave and we have far too few ( struggling to think of any except for Blease on the very rare ( and I mean very) occasion who are willing to run and break the lines.

He's Basically a similar player to Grimes except Lumumba can break lines with pace, is a slightly better kick and doesn't get blown over by the wind.

• Like 1