GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Perhaps should of seen it coming after the way he exited Brisbane. He's got the bulk share of his cash. Not bad for 15 games.

My blood is boiling over this. What a disgraceful betrayal it would be. Will have turned his name to mud at two clubs and effectively the AFL at large.

Jaded is correct in that it's best to take a breather before all the facts are out in the open, but it is looking very ominous.

• Like 1

Couldn't find any info on his manager Colin Young, which is about right for a slimy bloke that operates like he does

Did find this thread from 2009 though, titled 'Colin Young -The AFL's Worst Player Manager'

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/colin-young-the-afls-worst-player-manager.617013/

Cheers.

Classic thread title. Can't say I'm not surprised, I wasn't expecting much of a manager.

I can't see Roos going along with some kind of false story related to Mitch's "retirement", although everyone was extremely coy about what was wrong with Mitch at the time.

Did any official MFC source ever confirm that it was clinical depression, or was that assumed?

Couldn't find any info on his manager Colin Young, which is about right for a slimy bloke that operates like he does

Did find this thread from 2009 though, titled 'Colin Young -The AFL's Worst Player Manager'

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/colin-young-the-afls-worst-player-manager.617013/

Yeah, if Clark's intentions are to try to do right by the Melbourne Football Club, then he needs to have a very serious word with his manager about letting a story run out and wild like this. Not good for Mitch and it is already harming the club.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been covered before but

Just watched Damien B segment on Sunday Footy Show http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/aflsundayfootyshow/videos/3771174125001/ then reading the articles

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-07/clark-may-return-to-footy & http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-07/dees-want-say-on-clark and I realised that there is a lot of gaps in the reporting. A lot of conjecture and rumours the only quote is from his manager that says

"It is more than likely he will put his hand up and attempt to get back into the AFL," Young told Channel Nine in a statement on Sunday. From the MFC all we are getting is

"This decision by Mitch to investigate the potential of returning to play AFL is something we would expect Mitch to discuss with us," Demons football manager Josh Mahoney said in a statement.

Se really we know no more then Mitch wants to return to Football.

Oh and then there is this from GNF so make of it what you will.

Grand New Flag, on 29 Jul 2014 - 3:56 PM, said:

I confirm everything that I have earlier said in this thread several months back. The prospect of 11 remains in play. PJ, PR and the club will say nothing and even go as far as playing games to keep people off the trail as the chance of success is stronger if the pressure on him remains low. I was recently told the move back to Perth was partly to ensure that he did not attract this attention and thus pressure. It was also to give him time away from everything to continue his recovery and to give him time to assess what he wanted.

Clark has not given up the dream of playing senior football for Melbourne again. He has been training on a Misson derived program in Perth. He must first prove a minimum level of mental and physical fitness, he must then prove the desire to return is strong enough. His pending return to Melbourne is a very good sign and he will now start to slowly ramp up training, but don't get carried away, Clark still has a long way to go.

Like Frawley that club just don't know whether he will or will not be on the list next year.

If he plays again it will only be for the Dees.

Edited by PugtheMagician
  • Like 1

I didn't post the rumour DL.

I know but you quoted it and your comment was speaking about it so it had to be deleted. I'm not opening up myself to any legal actions your posts and others might make. Please respect that or you will no longer be able to use the forum. That goes for everyone. Just because you are anonymous doesn't mean you can break the law. I will have no issues with handing over your ip addresses. Rule of thumb, if you wouldn't post something using your real name in a public forum then don't post it.

• Like 2

Didn't both Damo and Ralph say they asked his manager directly and were told Mitch wasn't interested in returning to the Dees?

Not sure about Ralph but Damo IIRC was only speculating on Sunday footy Show (I might rewatch the video) jic.

Edited by PugtheMagician

Regardless, the rumour is out there now and gained plenty of momentum. Mitch is aware of this and has thus far said nothing to refute it or reassure people.

Compare it to how Swan came out within hours of the Buckley argument rumours to debunk it. If Mitch's sole intention is to return to the Dees, it only takes one tweet to make that clear.

• Like 1

Regardless, the rumour is out there now and gained plenty of momentum. Mitch is aware of this and has thus far said nothing to refute it or reassure people.

Compare it to how Swan came out within hours of the Buckley argument rumours to debunk it. If Mitch's sole intention is to return to the Dees, it only takes one tweet to make that clear.

Mitch playing on or playing on at the Dees was not the rumour deleted. If that were the case then this entire thread would have been deleted. It was much more sinister than that and whether true or not has no place to be discussed here.

Not sure about Ralph but Damo IIRC was only speculating in on Sunday footy Show (I might rewatch the video) jic.

Damo + Speculation. It doesn't get much better than that.

My thoughts. IF Clark wanted to make a comeback and IF the MFC wanted him, Roo's and PJ would make it happen. If he plays next season and it's not for us, it may even be the doing of the MFC.

Our list has been unstable and under achieving for so long. Clark COULD be too much of a risk to the plans PJ and Co have in place for the future of the MFC.

Others may think he's worth the risk. I'm unsure.

• Like 1

Didn't both Damo and Ralph say they asked his manager directly and were told Mitch wasn't interested in returning to the Dees?

If you are posting on here anything about Clark without knowing the definitive answer to that question yourself than FMD? I think I'll just leave it at that

Mitch playing on or playing on at the Dees was not the rumour deleted. If that were the case then this entire thread would have been deleted. It was much more sinister than that and whether true or not has no place to be discussed here.

Was referring to the main rumour of Mitch only wanting to play for a contending club, not the other rumour (which seemed fanciful to me).

If you are posting on here anything about Clark without knowing the definitive answer to that question yourself than FMD? I think I'll just leave it at that

As Mitch himself responded on the now infamous Instagram thread (to Leoncelli I am assuming), "I wasn't aware that I had made an anouncement. @****** don't comment on things you know nothing about". I think that was a very fair response and he would obviously NOT come out with some sort of a statement there to refute anything... I would hae thought that would be done on advice... despite what some mightsay Swan did.