Frawley Form Could Mean No First Round Draft Pick

dazzledavey36

I went to training about eight weeks ago cf.

I think I mentioned on here that he looked totally bored that day.

I agree with you the die was cast at the end of 2013.

Didnt look that interested did he, often doesnt on the field either. Id be a monkeys uncle if he stays next year. Still I dont hink hes an Einstein and has done himself no favours by putting his cue away prior tot he rest of the club.

My leaning is still that he'll go to Geelong for 4year ( 2mill ) and well get an end of round 1 at worst and possibly an after first pick compo in lieu of a PP

You have to remember the AFL is a political beast unto itself. It WILL eat its young if opportune only to shlt out some more to suit itself.

Frawely plays a selfish brand of footy which of itself itsnt the worst thing in sport ( if youre any good ) but hes pretty mediocre for mine, always has been other than a moment in the sun.

I really dont care what we get for him . I just want his ilk away fro our club. He's not that bloody good for mine and he's a leaders a-hole !!

The sooner we get more of the new breed and type in the better.

• Like 1

The really worrying thing about this article is this: "But Peter Jackson’s future as CEO remains unclear... Club president Glen Bartlett told The Age: ‘‘We’re in talks at the moment but we won’t be making any further comment on contracts.’’

When Roos signed for the extra year PJ said he was just waitiing for Bartlett to get back from OS to sign up. It seemed a mere formality. Hope nothing has gone wrong on this front. I'm nervous.

Once the season is over the truth will be hard to hide for what really has been happening with Frawley. If he ends up with a deal worth something in the $ range that was touted earlier in the year then that will speak for itself. Somehow I don't think we will see a meagre deal more in keeping to what he has been actually worth as our player this season.

• Like 1

I hope you are not serious with that comment. I absolutely do care.

The way to rebuild this club is to change the list. Why hamper this ?

We'll get what we get. Not going to lose sleep over it Red

Once the season is over the truth will be hard to hide for what really has been happening with Frawley. If he ends up with a deal worth something in the $ range that was touted earlier in the year then that will speak for itself. Somehow I don't think we will see a meagre deal more in keeping to what he has been actually worth as our player this season.

adc I don't think that the money is the main driver here.

OK he may get a better deal than the MFC will offer, it is about playing out the last few years of his career with a good side and the chance to play finals.

If I were him at the end of 2013 I would have looked at my position and said do I want to continue this misery or spend the last three years at a club that wins a lot of games and plays finals?

Add in I can probably get a salary increase.

It is not a hard decision.

I don't blame him for leaving.

We should have traded last year when we could have got a good deal.

We have not yet come to grips with Free agency, we should learn from this episode.

Any playing facing Free agency should be re signed the year before it falls due if they don't want to then trade while they have real value.

The AFL is a hard brutal world get hard or get out.

• Like 1

OK he may get a better deal than the MFC will offer, it is about playing out the last few years of his career with a good side and the chance to play finals.

If I were him at the end of 2013 I would have looked at my position and said do I want to continue this misery or spend the last three years at a club that wins a lot of games and plays finals?

We have not yet come to grips with Free agency, we should learn from this episode.

Any playing facing Free agency should be re signed the year before it falls due if they don't want to then trade while they have real value.

yep..the smarter club , if not in the 8 will trade out early those that have value...

there are a couple we could do that for now :rolleyes:

Sylvia is now getting paid the same wages as a 15 year old at McDonald's and we still managed to get a second round pick for him despite an average 2013 season (although he did come 5th in out b&f)

I found out Sylvia is playing for virtually nothing at a recent Richmond v freo game at the MCG - a knowledgable freo member told me at the game. Way below what the average 10 year player should be on.

Now Frawley will get paid at least double what Sylvia is on and can anyone argue Frawley's 2014 has been any worse than Sylvia's 2013?

The club needs to give Frawley a top 5-7 finish in the b&f.

In conclusion , if Sylvia fetched us a 2nd rd pick, I still think there's a chance we'd be able to get pick 3 for chip.

That would have no effect on the compo we receive unfortunately

He may have some altruistic reasons for leaving but the facts will turn to be that he has been an impediment in our rebirth year. Played sup par because he know he was leaving. Wasted many years of development put in by the club and been a destabilising influence. So while we cannot really blame him personally, his decision to leave us has made us worse on paper and on the field. For that we do need more than adequate compensation to square the ledger.

• Like 1

He may have some altruistic reasons for leaving but the facts will turn to be that he has been an impediment in our rebirth year. Played sup par because he know he was leaving. Wasted many years of development put in by the club and been a destabilising influence. So while we cannot really blame him personally, his decision to leave us has made us worse on paper and on the field. For that we do need more than adequate compensation to square the ledger.

Then why are we playing him?

In a good team he would be at Casey but we have no one else who give the same results even when is going half hearted.

Add in we need him to be playing AFL level to ensure maximum compensation.

The error is not trading last year.

The same situation comes up with Garland this year

If he has not re signed when Trading starts in October then Trade it is that simple IMO

Form doenst concern me, he is playing like a bloke who is leaving, I don't think it will effect his worth, the deal is most likely done by now

• Like 2

Then why are we playing him?

In a good team he would be at Casey but we have no one else who give the same results even when is going half hearted.

Add in we need him to be playing AFL level to ensure maximum compensation.

The error is not trading last year.

The same situation comes up with Garland this year

If he has not re signed when Trading starts in October then Trade it is that simple IMO

What do you expect the club to do if he hasn't made his intentions clear? All the aces are in his hand. Any compensation should reflect the deal he gets rather than on current form and value. On current form at best he is worth under 500000 for 3 years max. I suspect he will be getting over 700000 for 5 years minimum.

What do you expect the club to do if he hasn't made his intentions clear? All the aces are in his hand. Any compensation should reflect the deal he gets rather than on current form and value. On current form at best he is worth under 500000 for 3 years max. I suspect he will be getting over 700000 for 5 years minimum.

I don't agree with that adc

It is buddy, Ablett, etc all over again.

The club just goes along with the "I have not made up my mind yet" because they are between a rock and a hard place they know he is off.

• Like 1

I don't agree with that adc

It is buddy, Ablett, etc all over again.

The club just goes along with the "I have not made up my mind yet" because they are between a rock and a hard place they know he is off.

You can't sack or discriminate against an employee because you suspect him/her of thieving but have no hard evidence. Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

You can't sack or discriminate against an employee because you suspect him/her of thieving but have no hard evidence.

We are in this position adc because we have not yet learnt how to deal with free agency, it is not just the MFC but the poorer sides have not realised that the old ways don't work any more.

The powerful sides are exploiting it their advantage.

Frawley is gone lets make sure we are not in this position again

The scary thing is I don't think he has been playing sub-par at all - when forward he's been just about our most effective target and down back probably second behind Dunn.

Goes to show just how poor we are.

exactly - his form has been ok - nothing more nothing less. He had a shocker on Sunday but he had lots of mates.

Again - people seeing things to suit their argument.

I also believe he is gone. And we will move on.

Interesting that Frawley said he wanted to see the direction of club and people were howling him down as we playing much better footy.

Not hearing too many voices asking why he hasn't signed already, now that we have tapered off so badly.

I believe that unless we show improvement and are heading in the right direction we will see other free agents ( and possibly out of contract players - although it is harder for them to leave for a successful club unless we deal with them) jettison us for more successful clubs.

(note - I didn't expect miracles in year one and we have improved this year but the tapering off has put a dampener on what was an encouraging year.)

We are in this position adc because we have not yet learnt how to deal with free agency, it is not just the MFC but the poorer sides have not realised that the old ways don't work any more.

I think every club are in the same position. I am sure Hawthorn were not pleased in losing Buddy or Collingwood losing Thomas. Every club is vulnerable. The old rules still apply. Win games and be smart and ruthless in your management will ensure success. Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

The old ways don't work because this is new - it is not only the poor clubs ( Franklin ?), but the poor clubs will be hit hardest. The likes of Franklin went for money. Frawley will go for money and success

We will be in this position again - all clubs will be in this position - this is free agency - more and more players will delay until seasons end - We have already seen some players delay contract talks - this will continue to happen more and more - some will stay ( Cloke for example ) most will go.

I don't think that players will be dropped but I can see more contract negotiations being opened the year before expiry and a player becoming a free agent. If the player has no interest in talking then I can see clubs fielding offers for the player whilst still contracted to maximise the return. Roos has already flagged it.

The old ways don't work because this is new - it is not only the poor clubs ( Franklin ?), but the poor clubs will be hit hardest. The likes of Franklin went for money. Frawley will go for money and success

We will be in this position again - all clubs will be in this position - this is free agency - more and more players will delay until seasons end - We have already seen some players delay contract talks - this will continue to happen more and more - some will stay ( Cloke for example ) most will go.

I don't think that players will be dropped but I can see more contract negotiations being opened the year before expiry and a player becoming a free agent. If the player has no interest in talking then I can see clubs fielding offers for the player whilst still contracted to maximise the return. Roos has already flagged it.

That is what I am saying nutbean so is Garland a trade possibility this trade season?

You can't sack or discriminate against an employee because you suspect him/her of thieving but have no hard evidence.

the selectors can do as they please, they aren't answerable to Fair Work Australia

the selectors can do as they please, they aren't answerable to Fair Work Australia

They still have to work within rules and the watchful eye of the players association. And can be hamstrung by team dynamics like having buggerall in the stable.

Edited by america de cali