• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Never in doubt

Demonland

Jack Grimes, sold a fake and some bomber player brought it and he handballed to a free running Cross.

3rd/4 I think.

It was a moment I believed that we could do it. It was a sign of improvement. Of something happening.

A good game to take some newcomers to. What did they think?

They got more into it the closer we got. The first little bit was them mostly sending texts on their phones and Facebooking.

I explained the rules (in Japanese no less) which allowed them to understand what was going on when the game tightened up. You haven't lived until you have heard football barracking in Japanese.

My long suffering Japanese fiancee got to see her first win. I made her promise before the year she would stop hanging shif on me about barracking for Melbourne if we got up and won. I was angling until one of us died but she has settled until for the end of this season.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

B&F was obvious round 2.

Kicking is better this year, but he must not kick to low-percentage options that kill you. Worst kicking game this year actually.

He has never relied on speed. Hence he has 2 years left in him no doubt.

Not sure about B&F Ron but he's a real asset to the younger players and really shows the way. There was a lot of poor field kicking tonight and it was a comedy of errors at times, with players from both sides finding opposition players with pinpoint passes.

I just love him and Bernie because the bring toughness to the midfield and take much of the burden off Jones which has made him a better player, I didn't think Jonsey could lift his game any higher but he has.

• Like 1

Not sure about B&F Ron but he's a real asset to the younger players and really shows the way. There was a lot of poor field kicking tonight and it was a comedy of errors at times, with players from both sides finding opposition players with pinpoint passes.

I just love him and Bernie because the bring toughness to the midfield and take much of the burden off Jones which has made him a better player, I didn't think Jonsey could lift his game any higher but he has.

About Vince, Gerard Healy was spot on about him OTC last Monday.

I'm more of a Cross man myself.

Wears a dress

Great thanks Compton, that narrows down the options.

Great thanks Compton, that narrows down the options.

Just keeping you pointed in the right direction

And while we're talking, hasn't Lynden Dunn's progress this year been astonishing!

He's playing with confidence and authority, and when you're watching the replay of the last quarter, see how he guarded the goal from the kick that would have regained the lead for that other team

We'll done Lynden !!

• Like 1

Just watched the last two minutes vision. The chain of handballs were nice and I loved Crossy's pass, but the win by Pedersen in the back pocket and the rocket handball out to Jones, and the effort of McKenzie on the wing were the reason that goal happened. Well done lads, you just won your team the game.

It was the sweetest chain I have ever witnessed. Pedo to Jones to Frawley to McKenzie to Frawley to McKenzie to MacDonald to Viney to Cross to Salem. WINNING GOAL! Jack Watts has spoken often of Roos emphasis on TEAMWORK and this was a perfect example. No one in the chain tried to do too much. One of them could have blazed away to no effect. I've watched the last two minutes ten times!! Pure JOY! PS I have just realised I have forgotten to include Vince's huge tackle causing the spillage. He in fact STARTED the chain.

Edited by Bobby McKenzie
  • Like 4

what a win! So happy for my 6 year old son who currently supports 3 teams (Hawks because they win, Eagles because that's Grandpa's team, and Melbourne because that's Daddy's team). He kept saying "This is a bad game" after every Essendon goal in that woeful first half and I had to agree with him. But as I got progressively more fired up with our 6 goal unanswered run, culminating in Kent's awesome running goal, my son got right into it as well. When Watts kicked that goal to put us 10 points up I was screaming the house down and my 3 year old daughter had joined in the celebrations as well. Then Zaharakis scored his two goals and the mood was lost. When they were chipping it round before "that play" I was resigned to the fact we'd lost but then the miracle happened and the celebrations in the house when Salem calmly slotted it....memorable...all three of us jumping up and down high fiving each other. Then the heart in mouth moments as we saw off those last 19 seconds in our backline, one of the longest 19 seconds in my life I reckon, then the sweet siren and my kids jumping all over me, climbing all over my back to celebrate the win. And to top it off they marched around the house singing "Grand Old Flag" even though they don't really know the words properly....Priceless!

Thank you so much Dees, reminded me of the Daniher years that win, especially stringing together those quickfire goals to Frawley, Kent and Watts. Momentum footy like that is what I love about the sport. Long may it continue.

• Like 14

what a win! So happy for my 6 year old son who currently supports 3 teams (Hawks because they win, Eagles because that's Grandpa's team, and Melbourne because that's Daddy's team). He kept saying "This is a bad game" after every Essendon goal in that woeful first half and I had to agree with him. But as I got progressively more fired up with our 6 goal unanswered run, culminating in Kent's awesome running goal, my son got right into it as well. When Watts kicked that goal to put us 10 points up I was screaming the house down and my 3 year old daughter had joined in the celebrations as well. Then Zaharakis scored his two goals and the mood was lost. When they were chipping it round before "that play" I was resigned to the fact we'd lost but then the miracle happened and the celebrations in the house when Salem calmly slotted it....memorable...all three of us jumping up and down high fiving each other. Then the heart in mouth moments as we saw off those last 19 seconds in our backline, one of the longest 19 seconds in my life I reckon, then the sweet siren and my kids jumping all over me, climbing all over my back to celebrate the win. And to top it off they marched around the house singing "Grand Old Flag" even though they don't really know the words properly....Priceless!

Thank you so much Dees, reminded me of the Daniher years that win, especially stringing together those quickfire goals to Frawley, Kent and Watts. Momentum footy like that is what I love about the sport. Long may it continue.

Maybe your 6 year old son will be a Demon forever now and will support grandpa's Eagles as his second team. If Melbourne start winning all their games he can give Hawthorn the flick.

Roosy is an absolute coaching genius.

First half was diabolical. No run, no spread, losing contested footy, losing 1 v 1s. Second half, what a change in mindset and coaching. That's a real coaching bloke at the helm.

Reckon we can knock off North next week.

• Like 1

I was on the train in my dees jumper, surrounded by red and black sardine style, just quietly whistling the grand old flag with a s-eating grin on my face, nobody appreciated it, which made it all the more sweet

I went down to the Essendon race to wave my scarf and mock them. Haha, love it. Hate Essendon and beating them is hilarious.
  • Like 2

Our poise under extreme pressure was really something (especially in the last 15 minutes or so) It's like we grew an extra leg and our finishing skills were excellent. The play that finished with the Salem goal was tremendous - especially at that time of the game. Heady stuff from Dawes not to call for the ball from Salem as well. McKenzie's coolness in that play was brilliant.

We keep coming out after half time with renewed vigour and we continue to finish games off well - that's a sign of a side on the up. The self belief is growing and we're only going to get better.

Apart from being an excellent tactician, Roos is the supreme motivator.

A fantastic effort today.

ps ... Pies, Blues, Dons and Tigers all lose on the one weekend and we win ... Bliss!

Thought McDonald's candy selling and line breaking was brilliant in that play too.

Maybe your 6 year old son will be a Demon forever now and will support grandpa's Eagles as his second team. If Melbourne start winning all their games he can give Hawthorn the flick.

Sure hope so, minus the Eagles bit (can't stand that team)

Fk it feels good to win.

I just want to watch non-stop replays of Kent's run and goal and hang out on Demonland with you guys all night.

:))

I get to! Yay for night shift.

Doubt there'll be much happening around here by about 3am though :P

That deliberate OOB actually bounced of his knee, or just above it, it was purely accidental and a dreadful decision by the umpire.

Tommy has pretty good pace but sometimes he backs himself when he should get rid of it earlier, he has to understand that sometimes his opponent is quicker.

Love to win a game by 10 goals, I'm too old for these close ones, but I must say today was just great and to see the opposition leaving while I was singing the song made just that much better.

The deliberate OOB was pretty much right in front of us. Dreadful decision. The Essendon player was right on his hammer.

Some of this stuff is priceless:

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1462-official-ess-v-demons-review/

Here's one:

"Is Hirdy back yet?"

or this:

"Another decade of mediocrity coming up"

:)

Some of it's pretty amusing too

Thanks for the link

Makes some truly great reflective reading and helps you appreciate your neighbour too

So glad the umpire didn't award Frawley with an obvious free kick in that last minute of play. It would have broken that fantastic chain of hand passes. Daniel Cross is an absolute revelation. What a player and leader he is. Thanks Bullies. Daniel would be a very happy man today with our win of course and the win by his beloved Bulldogs over Collingwood.

• Like 1