Cam Pedersen

InVINCEable

He has been a fantastic story so far this year. I have a couple non-dee supporting mates who just love his big tackles and bumps as much as we do. He seems to be developing a bit of a cult following in outside circles.

He just looks and plays like something from the 80's. Especially that mop he is wearing.

Humble pie never tasted so good.

• Like 1

Have you seen the size of him Biff? The only thing you could beat him at is Scrabble, and even Enyaw could do that.

like all the Clokes his IQ is in single digits

I always thought something was wrong with Cam, because he'd shown far more at North Melbourne than he had for us up till last season. But on his performances last year, he was lucky he was contracted because he was gone otherwise.

But he's built and added onto the form he'd shown in glimpses at North, and it's great to see. He's now a really enjoyable player to watch, clunking contested marks, and really getting around the ground a lot.

In my 60 years of following this great club I cannot recall any player improving as much as Cam Pedersen has in such a short time.

Loving it.

Glen McLean and then he nicked off to the Pies and fizzled.

• Like 1

He has been a fantastic story so far this year. I have a couple non-dee supporting mates who just love his big tackles and bumps as much as we do. He seems to be developing a bit of a cult following in outside circles.

He just looks and plays like something from the 80's. Especially that mop he is wearing.

Humble pie never tasted so good.

Ain't that the truth deeko

We might to give him a contract extension next year!

Never thought that would be possible, his initial three year deal now looks like a master stroke.

• Like 1

Happy to eat humble pie on the Pedersen front. It's amazing what a bit of confidence will do!

I think he's relishing smashing into bodies at the moment - and he does it very well!

May I have some of that pie too. I bagged Pederson, I was wrong.

The transformation to Pederson has been spectacular, congrats to Pedo and the coaching staff. I really admire the MFC at the moment, we are on the way.

• Like 3

May I have some of that pie too. I bagged Pederson, I was wrong.

The transformation to Pederson has been spectacular, congrats to Pedo and the coaching staff. I really admire the MFC at the moment, we are on the way.

I am still chewing on my piece of pie. I was also wrong.

• Like 1

My diet hasn't changed surprisingly, amazing results if you don't bag players just for the sake of it

The only transformation that Roos has done for a lot of players on the list is between the ears, a full pre season, a specific role with specific instructions, confidence that if you play your role you will stay in the team

Edited by Satyriconhome

The only transformation that Roos has done for a lot of players on the list is , confidence that if you play your role you will stay in the team

I don't think this can be stated enough times. What the average supporter sees as a game worthy of staying in the team or being dropped is obviously different from what Roos and co see as their benchmark of "play your role". As you have pointed our with Jetta, I also am thinking that the role or messages are kept narrow and focused and their measurement process transparent. This has given quite a few players confidence of knowing exactly what they need to do and we are seeing the results.

• Like 1

I don't think this can be stated enough times. What the average supporter sees as a game worthy of staying in the team or being dropped is obviously different from what Roos and co see as their benchmark of "play your role". As you have pointed our with Jetta, I also am thinking that the role or messages are kept narrow and focused and their measurement process transparent. This has given quite a few players confidence of knowing exactly what they need to do and we are seeing the results.

Correct, they have about six dot points (corporate speak) that specify the musts of their role

One thing Cam has to do is come of the edge of the square at centre bounces, and nullify the clearance if it comes out of the back if he can, and yes he does love crunching the midfielders, they rotate it so there are always a couple of marking forwards if we get the clearance

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 2

WOW ... Pedersen in 2014. Roos must have had an impact. The transformation is amazing.

Whilst it would certainly seem the Roos has played a big part in our overall revival, one must also give credit to those individuals who have made these strides themselves. Remember it has happened with Pedersen, Bail, Jetta and Dunn in particular, who have put in the work and done exactly what has been asked of them........but there are others, including Strauss, Blease, Nicholson etc who haven't either chosen to or been able to make the step up. This is not to discredit Roos, but just saying a coach can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink. Or maybe, contrary to recruiting hype, some of these guys aren't Phar Lap type thoroughbreds poorly developed, but rather just ordinary nags. Who knows.
  • Like 2

Correct, they have about six dot points (corporate speak) that specify the musts of their role

One thing Cam has to do is come of the edge of the square at centre bounces, and nullify the clearance if it comes out of the back if he can, and yes he does love crunching the midfielders, they rotate it so there are always a couple of marking forwards if we get the clearance

Thanks coach. I wonder if Mr Roos has thought of that :-)

Are you suggesting a Dermie style rush in and crunch maneuver? Not sure how many games he would play these days with the MRP watching closely.

Whilst it would certainly seem the Roos has played a big part in our overall revival, one must also give credit to those individuals who have made these strides themselves. Remember it has happened with Pedersen, Bail, Jetta and Dunn in particular, who have put in the work and done exactly what has been asked of them........but there are others, including Strauss, Blease, Nicholson etc who haven't either chosen to or been able to make the step up. This is not to discredit Roos, but just saying a coach can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink. Or maybe, contrary to recruiting hype, some of these guys aren't Phar Lap type thoroughbreds poorly developed, but rather just ordinary nags. Who knows.

A comment, it's not as if they are not working, at training they all put in, they have to but

Strauss - keeps finding ways of injuring himself, if he could stay injury free who knows

Blease - consistency, seems not to be able to put it together week after week, has had one game for Casey (against Northern Blues) where he managed 4 quarters of conistent effort

Nicholson - not sure, even misses simple targets by foot at training, can it be fixed? Think the brain gets ahead of the body

Tapscott - see Strauss

Are you suggesting a Dermie style rush in and crunch maneuver? Not sure how many games he would play these days with the MRP watching closely.

No that's what he told me he has to do, you will see Dawes, Frawley and Garland from the other side doing the same thing, perhaps crunch is wrong word, that was my word not his, how about tackle strongly

Edited by Satyriconhome

I read it to be that it is actually Pedersen's instructions to do that and Satyriconhome is just relaying them to us (rather than it being Satyriconhome's idea).

• Like 1

I can't remember which poster here was regularly setting up polls, but an interesting question would be how many here / who would have delisted Pedersen, and who would have done the same to Jetta, at the end of 2013?

I would hazard a guess that the majority would have.

Thank goodness that the club ain't a democracy !