Jeremy Cameron for our forward line?

CBDees

Ok , if you could pick one to throw everything at, who would it be? Cameron,Dangerfield or Fyfe?

I think that it is a no brainer. It would have to be Cameron for reasons highlighted by many of the posters here. To me Cameron could be the lynchpin for us seriously contending a Premiership, plus his presence in the team would prove to be a big incentive for our other top players to stay for the ride! Having the top CEO, top coach and best full forward in the league is a pretty enticing package for players to come knocking on our door.

I'm not as big on throwing the kitchen sink at Cameron as most here seem to be. I think success is built on team and committing a big chunk of salary cap to one player is not going to build long term sustainable success. I would rather spread the love.

Cameron is a wonderful player and will be for many years, but as Bomba said on 360 recently you can get away with an average forward line and win flags. For us it is still about mids, mids and more mids. Quality tall ones that can deliver to our version of Cam Mooney.

In theory I would rather spend the salary cap space on two or three up and coming mids rather than betting the farm on Cameron. Those multi year, multi million dollar deals aren't the path to sustained success

• Like 3

Ok , if you could pick one to throw everything at, who would it be? Cameron,Dangerfield or Fyfe?

I think that it is a no brainer. It would have to be Cameron for reasons highlighted by many of the posters here. To me Cameron could be the lynchpin for us seriously contending a Premiership, plus his presence in the team would prove to be a big incentive for our other top players to stay for the ride! Having the top CEO, top coach and best full forward in the league is a pretty enticing package for players to come knocking on our door.

I think Hogan will be better.

• Like 1

Why is he being played down back for GWS, what is the real issue?

My guess would be that there key backs have not came on really at all (and Davis being injured) so they need someone back there with some ability.

The forwards of Patton, Boyd & Mummy/Giles couldn't go back, they aren't good enough/mature enough so unfortunately for young Jez he has to cop the CHB role as punishment for being a dam fine player.

Dare we dream....

Watts Hogan Dawes

Gawn Cameron JKH

I don't care where you put them, I'll like it

Edited by deeko
  • Like 5

Sign and trade I believe are possible: you can negotiate the trade and contract mutually so long as the player agrees to the trade (as you said), and then trade off the asset. I'm surprised this hasn't been more prevalent in recent years.

Step 1: Negotiate trade with GWS, including contract size for Frawley

Step 2: Sign Frawley

Step 3: Trade

Step 4: Extend Cameron contract

Step 5: Profit

But yeah, Frawley won't agree to a trade to GWS even for a million dollars a year.

QUESTION: Would people trade Watts and a pick for Cameron?

But why?

Sign-and-trades happen in the NBA because they have restrictions on max deals for players, so they sign for more before moving, except the team getting them has to give something back.

Also helps with creating space for the new piece to come in.

We have no such problems in the AFL.

If GWS want Frawley, they want him as a FA so he costs nothing.

If Frawley is going to GWS, he wants them to be as strong as possible, not giving away key parts to get him, so success is harder to come by. Therefore he likely goes there as a FA.

MFC won't want a sign-and-trade because it would negate all compensation we'd receive for him leaving as a FA. We may on-trade that compo for whatever we'd like to trade Frawley for, but that then is not a sign-and-trade.

There are only 2 tenuous reasons for a sign-and-trade:

- Frawley wants MFC to get something in return. Even though we'd get more as FA compo. So it doesn't add up.

- If GWS were losing a FA and didn't want Frawley coming in to impact their FA compo. Which can't happen yet anyway, because real FA only comes into effect after 8 years at the one club, and they're only in their 3rd as a club.

• Like 1

er let me think, Hawkins, Tippett as he approachs full fitness, Walker as he approachs full fitness, Franklin, Jack Riewoldt (if Richmond get it together)....Hogan once we get him right will be better

QUESTION: Would people trade Watts and a pick for Cameron?

Hmm. 22 year old player with 'potential' to be a good player for an already proven star of the game at 20 years old .

As much as I like Jacky boy and still have hope for the kid if anyone said no to this they are way to biased towards Jack.

Or just stupid.

Hmm. 22 year old player with 'potential' to be a good player for an already proven star of the game at 20 years old .

As much as I like Jacky boy and still have hope for the kid if anyone said no to this they are way to biased towards Jack.

Or just stupid.

A proven star is somebody who has put it together for 4 or 5 seasons, agreed Cameron had a wonderful season last year, but this year? please

Nathan Jones is a proven star who is finally getting the kudos he deserves

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

er let me think, Hawkins, Tippett as he approachs full fitness, Walker as he approachs full fitness, Franklin, Jack Riewoldt (if Richmond get it together)....Hogan once we get him right will be better

Come on Saty, jump on board the Jez-train!

Were any of those boys kicking bags in dust teams winning All Aus honours as a 20 year old? Were they double teamed or triple teamed like Jez?

No, course not, they probably weren't even off the boob yet.

Come on Saty, jump on board the Jez-train!

Were any of those boys kicking bags in dust teams winning All Aus honours as a 20 year old? Were they double teamed or triple teamed like Jez?

No, course not, they probably weren't even off the boob yet.

My point is it isn't happening this year for whatever reasons, it helps when some of the other key forwards were missing last year so he got the votes, yes he had a good year, but triple teamed?......and my point what has changed this year, apart from his move to the backline, if he is such a gun, he should be able to lift the boys around him...ain't happening especially with some of his efforts

I don't think he is worth a mil, but i think if roos wants him, we have a goof chance of getting him. roos has pulling power, especially with our improved efforts.

maybe he is worth a mil, the duo of he and hogan would be incredible, it'd be all that reiwoldt and kosi were supposed to be.

5 mil 5 years something like that.
Gws would be stupid to let him go.

maybe he is worth a mil, the duo of he and hogan would be incredible, it'd be all that reiwoldt and kosi were supposed to be.

4 and 5 for Cameron and treloar?

I would go that but i don't know if gws would. They might want 4+5 and a sweetener just for cameron.

he was third in the goal kicking last year.

not sure what they might want

My point is it isn't happening this year for whatever reasons, it helps when some of the other key forwards were missing last year so he got the votes, yes he had a good year, but triple teamed?......and my point what has changed this year, apart from his move to the backline, if he is such a gun, he should be able to lift the boys around him...ain't happening especially with some of his efforts

You're a harsh judge Sat. He isn't playing as well last year but he isn't playing awfully either.

Well considering he has kicked 3 times as many goals as our leading goal kicker while playing in the worst team in the comp. Also, he coach has come out and said the following:

"He was really knocked around by that perforated eardrum that he had. He's a ball player, Jeremy, he really does crack in very hard," Cameron told Fox Footy.

"But secondly his ankle has been playing up for about three or four weeks and with that he just hasn't had the ability to train."

Come on mate, get on board :lol:

is that hopefully or will be, my point exactly, everything looks good on paper, I don't like the way he is performing this season

If he goes on the market, several clubs will be moving heaven and earth to get him. With due cause.

He is definitely worth a million a year and we should be placing ourselves well and truly in the mix.

I think that we are probably pretty long odds to land Cameron given that every other Victorian club would chase him should he choose to leave. Notwithstanding that, I have heard from the club similar concerns to GNF re Hogan and with Clark retiring key forward may remain a genuine area of need for us.

I love the ideaa of getting Cameron to the Demons but I think that we would be a better chance of luring Jon Patton or Sam Reid. Reid is now surely wondering where his future will lie at the Swans. He is on a five year deal until 2016 but that might not be the issue it once was given the Swans' forward line.

If we could land Patton and a mid from GWS or Reid and someone like a Luke Parker for the same cost as Cameron we'd be doing pretty well.