Gary Ablett out of the race?

InVINCEable

Anyone see Abletts hit?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-25/brownlow-blow-for-gaz

I'm hoping he gets pinged for it, and I think he should

If he does it just brings more chance for Jonesy

• Like 1

Forget about it, I hope he gets his 3rd Brownlow; He deserves his place as a triple Brownlow medalist.

But...but..Jones

• Like 2

Anyone see Abletts hit?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-25/brownlow-blow-for-gaz

I'm hoping he gets pinged for it, and I think he should

If he does it just brings more chance for Jonesy

That's the spirit deeman. Jones would be happy to win the Brownlow with 10 less votes than GAJ as a result of Gaz getting rubbed out for a nothing elbow.

That's the spirit deeman. Jones would be happy to win the Brownlow with 10 less votes than GAJ as a result of Gaz getting rubbed out for a nothing elbow.

Thanks

Who isn't a fan of GAJ!? the guy is defining the odds from all angles. I have never ever seen such extraordinary talent in what he displays. The game is a dull place when he is not playing. I hope he doesn't get ping for that. Absolutely deserves a third brownlow. He is daylight ahead of any player this year its quite remarkable.

• Like 2

Who isn't a fan of GAJ!? the guy is defining the odds from all angles. I have never ever seen such extraordinary talent in what he displays. The game is a dull place when he is not playing. I hope he doesn't get ping for that. Absolutely deserves a third brownlow. He is daylight ahead of any player this year its quite remarkable.

I love him, never said i didn't, best player to play the game, but I like Nate Jones more.

I love him, never said i didn't, best player to play the game, but I like Nate Jones more.

But yet you hope he gets pinged for it. There is nothing in it and it would be a disgrace if Ablett was to miss out on a 3rd Chas and a place in history for that.

I'd rather see Jones lead us into the finals this year than win a Brownlow.

Carey, Maurice Rioli, Stephen Michael, Gary Ablett Snr and Robbie Flower were amongst the best I ever saw play but I think Gary Jnr probably has them all covered

Carey, Maurice Rioli, Stephen Michael, Gary Ablett Snr and Robbie Flower were amongst the best I ever saw play but I think Gary Jnr probably has them all covered

I watched Gary Ablett Snr a lot. Ive never seen anybody see a kick and head down charge to where it would land.

He did it every game.

• Like 1

I think it'd be hilarious if he got rubbed out, but I haven't seen the footage yet. I couldn't care less about him winning another one though. He gets a terrific go from the umpires. A genius, but about time he got the wrong end of the umpire's stick.

No doubt he will claim it was accidental, part of shrugging off someone holding onto him after the ball had departed.

That said, it was more forceful than Dawes' slide up the face in play

But do we expect any modicum of consistency from the MRP?

NEVER.

PS I don't think that that deserves a suspension, either.

How can you be so sure he's the best player to have ever played the game when you are only 12?

Where did you get the idea that i'm 12?!

And by the way i do watch old matches of Leigh Matthews, Wayne Carer, Gary Snr, but to me jnr is the best

And he did deliberately elbow him in the face you can clearly see it.

Am I such a criminal because I want Jones to win it?

Where did you get the idea that i'm 12?!

And by the way i do watch old matches of Leigh Matthews, Wayne Carer, Gary Snr, but to me jnr is the best

And he did deliberately elbow him in the face you can clearly see it.

Am I such a criminal because I want Jones to win it?

Your assumption is he intended to elbow him in the face

lol jones no chance

I'd be sad to see ablett rubbed out, clearly the best player in the comp and seems a top bloke. totally deserves the brownlow

Your assumption is he intended to elbow him in the face

Well you can see it.

It doesn't deserve suspension then again Dawes' should have only been a free kick so who knows.

Dawes deserved a stiff fine, but no carry over points, or games missed.

The penalties need to be reviewed. So they can add a set of fines, which should be open to appeal from either side. The fines should be for minor infringements, which are too strong for just a free kick, but not enough to miss games over. A common sense approach, covered by fines & no points added.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

Well you can see it.

Really so Ablett looks around and says I am going to elbow this fella in the head

I must be wrong then or my television set clearly doesn't show his intent. I would argue if it was me I was trying to get up and being held back down so I swung my arm back to initiate contact to his chest to break free.

I must be wrong then or my television set clearly doesn't show his intent.

Mine doesn't show intent either. But on what I saw, he raised his elbow and jabbed it back at a player he knew was right behind him. If he thought about it at all he must have known that he couldn't determine which bit of the man he'd hit - therefore reckless high contact, impact questionable. Good record, could get a week reduced to a reprimand, could get two weeks reduced to one.

Great ball winning players always benefit from the unwritten and unspoken "involuntary retaliation" defence in scraps with close checkers. He was against Liam Picken who is quite a mongrel. Remember his crude stuff against Nat Jones. Ablett will get off.