Players to target at the end of the year

Shaun atley and Andrew gaff would be decent targets, use the ball well, speed, run and carry and neither are worth a top5 pick so we would most likely get a pick back, west coast would love a crack at young pickett

• Like 1

Zaharakis. Watching the replay with a cooler head he was even better than I remembered. He just won't accept defeat. He's young, tough, talented, and in a team that is up the creek in a sinking canoe. Essendon are going to need picks, he needs a club to play for, and we have deep pockets.

He supported the Dons as a kid and was absolutely stoked when he got drafted by them.

Was very surprised we overlooked him with pick 19 in 2008 and instead picked James Strauss.

That was our chance. We blew it.

Not the only blown selection in that period to be fair.

• Like 1

I feel we need to add 2 quality midfielders to our mix, a key defender with a bit of height, a young ruckman and outside pace

Jack Trengove and Jesse Hogan fully fit address a couple of issues

James Frawley and Tom Mcdonald yet to re-sign is a cause for concern

my opinion is Frawley will go and TMAC will stay so based on that

picks

4: Christian Petracca

5: Stephen Coniglio & pick 24

23: Andrew Gaff ( lure home with pay rise )

24: Corey Ellis ( slight slider )

41: Billy Stretch

57: Nev Jetta rookie upgrade

75:Alex Georgiou rookie upgrade

• Like 1

I see Hawthorn are going to make a big Play for Cotchin and whole heap of other stars..

where was this said? I heard Fyfe and Dangerfield were on their radar

also heard they were hesitant to bid on Chip because he wasn't keen to move for less than 600k and they think the mark is around 500k

Dylan Shiel mentioned also. Still feel like Shiel is gettable, perhaps the most likely out of GWS. I wonder how much their improved form will affect go home factor of the Vic kids.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-inquires-about-richmond-skipper-trent-cotchins-contract-status-with-buddy-money-in-mind/story-fndv8os9-1226964217933

• Like 2

I feel we need to add 2 quality midfielders to our mix, a key defender with a bit of height, a young ruckman and outside pace

Jack Trengove and Jesse Hogan fully fit address a couple of issues

James Frawley and Tom Mcdonald yet to re-sign is a cause for concern

my opinion is Frawley will go and TMAC will stay so based on that

picks

4: Christian Petracca

5: Stephen Coniglio & pick 24

23: Andrew Gaff ( lure home with pay rise )

24: Corey Ellis ( slight slider )

41: Billy Stretch

57: Nev Jetta rookie upgrade

75:Alex Georgiou rookie upgrade

Should Frawley go and we get premium compensation, that then opens up a few doors.

Just looking at your picks, there's no way in hell we would land Gaff with pick 23, nor Stretch with pick 41 (we'll need to offer up our second rounder imo). The rest looks possible.

However, if Frawley were to leave, we'd need to bring in a quality tall one way or the other (if that means draft, then hope like all hell that Durdin is available come pick 4), pick 5 i agree should be traded to bring in another young experienced mid.

Ideally i'd love to bring in both a quality young mid and KPD with some AFL experience with those early picks.

Edited by Demon Disciple

toohey from geelong looks like a good young kid. could be enveloped into a ruck forward over the new couple of years. Might not be too far off playing, born in 94.
certainly not a mid but a potential key forward to bolster stocks/future

How did Bryce Gibbs' contract talks go? Would be handy off a half back flank

He is a good player and i wouldn't be disappointed if he came to the MFC, i just think the asking price would be too high..

I'd consider Levi Casboult from the blues, for our third rounder... There is something about the way he plays, that makes me think he will dominate matches in a couple of years.. When he's playing well, he has on field presence .. Could be a handy Chris Dawes replacement...

I'd also consider picking up Matthew Watson as a rookie, if they delist him this year...

Pretty sure Burgoyne signed a new contract for Hawks, so did Bennell for GC.

Pav will either retire or play one more year, if he plays on no way will it be for anyone but Freo.

Enright, Kelly, Goodes, no thanks. We're trying to build this team's future, old guys who will only stay for a year or two won't do the trick.

Fyfe/Mitchell I'd love at the Dees, Gaff would be handy and Levi could be anything.

These are just the names that stood out on the list that was posted... The only player there that id actually target and be happy to offer big money, would be Fyfe... Id also consider a trade for Mitchell and Casboult, if the price was right...

LOL

But in all seriousness, look at what's happened with like Pederson, Jetta etc.

Some ordinary players have developed belief under better or different structures

I think we may need to look outside the box a little, lower the eyes a bit....

• Like 1

LOL

But in all seriousness, look at what's happened with like Pederson, Jetta etc.

Some ordinary players have developed belief under better or different structures

I think we may need to look outside the box a little, lower the eyes a bit....

For a 'forward', he's quite easily one of the worst that I've ever seen.

We need an established forward, a backman who can f'k'n kick, and mids mids mids.

Should Frawley go and we get premium compensation, that then opens up a few doors.

Just looking at your picks, there's no way in hell we would land Gaff with pick 23, nor Stretch with pick 41 (we'll need to offer up our second rounder imo). The rest looks possible.

However, if Frawley were to leave, we'd need to bring in a quality tall one way or the other (if that means draft, then hope like all hell that Durdin is available come pick 4), pick 5 i agree should be traded to bring in another young experienced mid.

Ideally i'd love to bring in both a quality young mid and KPD with some AFL experience with those early picks.

Gaff isn't worth higher than 23 imo, if west coast thought they'd lose him anyway i think they'd take it

and for stretch to be taken as a second rounder someone has to bid above pick 23 for him, anything below that means we get him as a third rounder.

Gaff isn't worth higher than 23 imo, if west coast thought they'd lose him anyway i think they'd take it

and for stretch to be taken as a second rounder someone has to bid above pick 23 for him, anything below that means we get him as a third rounder.

Watch port adelaide bid their first rounder on him.

As for coniglio, I reckon we could get him with pick 5, but don't know if they'd give 24 back?

• Like 2

Watch port adelaide bid their first rounder on him.

As for coniglio, I reckon we could get him with pick 5, but don't know if they'd give 24 back?

i don't know if he's worth pick 5 on his own, i'd probably want brayshaw instead if that were the case

I reckon we will take stretch at 23 if we need too, he's just what the doctor ordered in terms of pace, skill, bleeds red and blue and outside run

• Like 1

People have short memories. Vickery isn't that bad. He kicked 36 goals in his third year in a team that finished 12th and was focussed on kicking to Riewoldt.

Edited by Evans Above
  • Like 2

People have short memories. Vickery isn't that bad. He kicked 36 goals in his third year in a team that finished 12th and was focussed on kicking to Riewoldt.

What's he done since that whopping 36 goal season? Sounds a bit like sweet f all.

If him being dropped this year due to poor form at Richmond FFS doesn't indicate anything, then I'm not sure what does.

Wouldn't have thought we'd go near Vickery.

Not a ruck man, not a key forward, lacks the skills at ground level, and doesn't look like his body shape can change to increase strength at all.

However, I could definitely see the Tigers shipping him ultra cheap a la Cale '88' Morton.

My guess is he won't be on an afl list by 2017.

What's he done since that whopping 36 goal season? Sounds a bit like sweet f all.

If him being dropped this year due to poor form at Richmond FFS doesn't indicate anything, then I'm not sure what does.

Has anyone kicked 36 goals in a season for us this decade? I can't recall

Edited by Evans Above