Frankston v Casey Scorpions

Whispering_Jack

Also from the VFL Review:

James Strauss: James played half-back, wing and forward. He did well in all areas of the ground. He used the ball really, really well – his disposal efficiency was 95 per cent. He had 21 possessions and looked his best when he was running and carrying the ball. But he can get caught just taking it sideways and backwards at times.

Don't know where people get the impression his kicking is poor.

Strauss is an A grade kick.

The sooner he's back in the AFL side, the better for all of us.

I know we differ on this but he is a lovely kick and mover, until put under a bit of heat.

• Like 2

Strauss is a very good kick.

Axis, I don't think he is an A grade kick when under pressure. I am certainly happy to be proven wrong as I may well be when he returns. Unlike my bff Machsy, I will take your opinion on board.

• Like 1

Highlights are in:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-04-22/rd-3-vfl-highlights

I hate how they only show the goal related highlights. Salem barely features but we know from all accounts and the data that he was BOG.

Wish they showed highlights of passages of play etc. as well as goals.

Just watching that, I'm certain that we would be better with Jamar out there instead of Spencer. Just things like the strong marks he took, and the quick handballs are attributes we've never seen Spencil exhibit. Bring back the Russian

Axis, I don't think he is an A grade kick when under pressure. I am certainly happy to be proven wrong as I may well be when he returns. Unlike my bff Machsy, I will take your opinion on board.

That's all well and good, but it wasn't your original argument.

• Like 1

It isnt Strauss' s kicking or endeavour thats the problem. It is his ability to stay on the park thats the problem.

That's a very good point. He's had a wretched run and surely is due for a better run of luck.

Shifting goalposts clumsily there RTG.

Still NFI.

I know we differ on this but he is a lovely kick and mover, until put under a bit of heat.

Like pretty much every other player in the competition.

Depends on how much heat you're talking about, and I think you're well overstating the reality.

Have been saying it for a while now! This kid is not just the outside receiver people are saying he is. You just have to look at efforts like this one and he did same thing after being knocked out by Smedts in Alice. These are not the actions of a softcover--k as parlayed by some idiotic posters.

Some idiotic posters have recognised he is playing in the reserves and at this stage can not get a game for a team who is a possibility to get the wooden spoon....Smedts basically took his head off it wasn't a situation of showing huge courage by Toumpas, Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Toumpas to get back in the team, but football is a physical game, Daniel Cross gets cut open nearly every game and cops a few heavy knocks every game! Don't make Jimmy out to be a hard nut, because at the moment he defiantly is not.

Have been saying it for a while now! This kid is not just the outside receiver people are saying he is. You just have to look at efforts like this one and he did same thing after being knocked out by Smedts in Alice. These are not the actions of a softcover--k as parlayed by some idiotic posters.

He is. At the moment he doesn't have the strength or know how to get the inside hard ball, he gets knocked off it too easily.

Getting your head knocked off twice backing into a marking contest doesn't make you an inside player, it just gets your head knocked off.

• Like 1

With Strauss comes a lack of awareness.

IMO he'll have to really thump the door down.

As long as he doesn't get too cold he might get a game hey...

Yeah, KingDing, Strauss is another one of those players with a temperature gauge up his arse.

Some idiotic posters have recognised he is playing in the reserves and at this stage can not get a game for a team who is a possibility to get the wooden spoon....Smedts basically took his head off it wasn't a situation of showing huge courage by Toumpas, Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Toumpas to get back in the team, but football is a physical game, Daniel Cross gets cut open nearly every game and cops a few heavy knocks every game! Don't make Jimmy out to be a hard nut, because at the moment he defiantly is not.

He is. At the moment he doesn't have the strength or know how to get the inside hard ball, he gets knocked off it too easily.

It shows courage to come back on and go back with the flight again Dude. We expect it from Cross, he's a 200 odd game veteran we had to bring in to show these kids how its done as we didn't have his type here to lead by example. Your knowledge lacks. Toump knew Smedts was coming and still took the hit. Hard nuts are not only guys that are inside, they are guys that show courage no matter the situation and don't back away. Courage is knowing your going to cop flak, but sticking by your decision, ala Frawley, no matter the derision you know your gong to cop. It comes in many forms.

Getting your head knocked off twice backing into a marking contest doesn't make you an inside player, it just gets your head knocked off.

LOL, nearly dumbest post nearly. WYL and Picket only beat this.

• Like 1

Shifting goalposts clumsily there RTG.

Still NFI.

Like pretty much every other player in the competition.

Depends on how much heat you're talking about, and I think you're well overstating the reality.

Meanwhile, still awaiting your continued thoughts on leadership Machsy.

LOL, nearly dumbest post nearly. WYL and Picket only beat this.

Not sure who you're having a go at here mate but all I can see in your post is that you've cut and pasted bits and pieces.

My post was this.

...and I stand by it. Getting your head knocked off backing into a pack does not prove you are an inside player and Jimmy T is not.

• Like 1

Not sure who you're having a go at here mate but all I can see in your post is that you've cut and pasted bits and pieces.

My post was this.

...and I stand by it. Getting your head knocked off backing into a pack does not prove you are an inside player and Jimmy T is not.

I always thought of Jimmy as an outside mid.