• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

The lack of intensity & desperation shown by frawley when Wc scored the 1st goal is frustrating!

Just can't understand why the desperation wouldn't be there!

If you can't get motivated for Roos.... Pack ur bags & leave!

That's what baffles me. The lack of motivation. That early in the game, this early in the season. It's completely inexcusable and spitting in the face of members and supporters.

That's what baffles me. The lack of motivation. That early in the game, this early in the season. It's completely inexcusable and spitting in the face of members and supporters.

Did you think that Roos would click his fingers and all the players would come running?

They are no good! Narcissistic coach killers! They have the opportunity to be coached by a respected, premiership coach and they couldn't give a [censored]!

Erratum: Nate Jones, thank you.

Just watched the game in full. Yay.

Conclusions?

Out: Matt Jones, Trengove, Watts & Fitzpatrick

I'm sorry but Trengove is no longer AFL standard. So slow, too small to out muscle any of his opponents and adds almost nothing to the team. His unsuitability to play for any AFL team is there for all the see and it didn't escape the attention of the Fox commentators. He's been a sacred cow and it's time to move him on. He must spend time at Casey. He is killing us.

I don't care if you played well last week. If you play a really, really poor game, get bullied in the centre & make Under 8 type skill errors, you must be dropped. Looking at you, Watts.

Having said that, at least Nathan Jones has another warrior beside him in Daniel Cross to keep him company. Nothing but admiration.

Can't understand people getting so fired up about Pederson. Far from the worst and while not the most skillful, contested time & again the back line, which is more than you can say for most.

Edited by nrc73
  • Like 1

Can't understand people getting so fired up about Pederson. Far from the worst and while not the most skillful, contested time & again the back line, which is more than you can say for most.

Agreed, I'm a little frustrated by all the vitriol against Pedo. He's not the most skilled, but he works his butt off and although might not be close to BOG, he at least gives his all. I'd rather 22 average players on the field giving their utmost for the MFC, than 22 underachieving players who don't give a [censored].

Must do wonders for his confidence when he goes forward and nobody wants to kick to him, and all the media commentary (during and after the match) laments our zero forward options. Likewise for Byrnes.

Fans can whinge about him all they want, but he's putting in a tonne more effort than certain other leaders at the club. Ones who just lower their head and go "here we go again, not going to bother today."

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

Trenners absolutely has to go. He is a liability.

Can't drop Watts. As awful as he was, when he is switched on he creates opportunities, which we will need if we are to keep things respectable. We are not in a position to be dropping one of the few kicks we have in the team that can be described as elite.

This is assuming he isn't moved forward, which I believe would be a big mistake. His best ever game was played on the wing. Don't toy with that.

Keep Watts on the wing and drop Trenners. He's either underdone or struggling horribly with his recovery. Or the captaincy just broke him.

Probably a combination of all 3, because his "highlights" were utterly embarassing and what they showed on Footy Classified was an utter indictment of where he's at.

Please DL not the Toffs again please.

This disgusting mess the MFC is in now is a direct result of Schwab's "Red & Blueprint" which failed completely in all departments.

It isn't the Northern Stand. They are all long dead.

you've changed your tune WYL. not so long ago you were well onto it saying we've been a mess since they sacked Smithy, & you were right. but since the MCC has put up a bronze statue & 'dressed the old fella respectfully', in an approved jacket, you've changed.

my aim is to make sure that when Roos finishes in 2 season's, or 3? that this cancer on the demons stops Once & for good.

It's not all the players faults since the mid 60's, & its not the coaches who have failed all us supporters & members... its POOR decisions made by POOR Board's who hire the wrong people, is where our failures start & end... & where do they all congregate, & where do they all schmooze, & where do they all get they're backing from to Run for election???

the people in the outer never meet these Board runners, nor even know of them, other than a recommendation to vote for them or send a proxy form in.

If we were a cricket team we may be better, there's no tackling yet in cricket, & no shirt fronts.

Edited by dee-luded

A tough call. How would you like to be full back for this rabble? I think Chip tried to go forward and set up some scoring shots to compensate for the WC goals, unfortunately that failed. Clown I don't think so.

The ball just keeps coming in at low level to the key forward. No hope for a key backman. Frawley is on his way just a matter of who puts forward the best offer. Why the hell would you stay at MfC?

if other players say they will run hard both ways to help the defenders, but fail on their words, what does a tired defender do?

dropping heads is not what we want or need, its soft. keep on chasing until you blow up. & walk off with your head high.

Edited by dee-luded

A tough call. How would you like to be full back for this rabble?

I would still chase my opponents and apply pressure and look like i care

Especially when im being paid 500k

Edited by hogans_heroes

Agreed, I'm a little frustrated by all the vitriol against Pedo. He's not the most skilled, but he works his butt off and although might not be close to BOG, he at least gives his all. I'd rather 22 average players on the field giving their utmost for the MFC, than 22 underachieving players who don't give a [censored].

Must do wonders for his confidence when he goes forward and nobody wants to kick to him, and all the media commentary (during and after the match) laments our zero forward options. Likewise for Byrnes.

Fans can whinge about him all they want, but he's putting in a tonne more effort than certain other leaders at the club. Ones who just lower their head and go "here we go again, not going to bother today."

good onya

you've changed your tune WYL. not so long ago you were well onto it saying we've been a mess since they sacked Smithy, & you were right. but since the MCC has put up a bronze statue & 'dressed the old fella respectfully', in an approved jacket, you've changed.

my aim ios to make sure that when roos finishes in 2 season's, or 3? that this cancer on the demons stop Once & for good.

It's not all the players faults since the mid 60's, & its not the coaches who have failed all us supporters & members.

its POOR decisions made by POOR Board's who hire the wrong people is where our failures start & end... & where do they all congregate, & where do they all schmooze, & where do they all get they're backing from to Run for election???

the people in the outer never meet these Board runners, nor even know of them, other than a recommendation to vote for them or send a proxy form in.

If we were a cricket team we may be better, theres no tackling yet in cricket, & no shirt fronts.

i have never subscribed to your Northern Stand tirades mate!!

The trouble in the old days 65 onwards was we didn't jump on the professional bandwagon quick enough. Carlton took our spot.

But this last disaster is all Schwab.

• Like 1

Keep Watts on the wing and drop Trenners. He's either underdone or struggling horribly with his recovery. Or the captaincy just broke him.

Probably a combination of all 3, because his "highlights" were utterly embarassing and what they showed on Footy Classified was an utter indictment of where he's at.

I've been a big fan of Trengove since the day he was drafted. I thought his first two seasons were some of the most promising ever by a Demon in my life time. It's sad to see what he has somehow become as the club has broken him.

Out of interest, what did they show on Footy Classified? Was it just clips of him being pushed around by opposition or slow running not getting to contests in time?

Howe isn't giving his all in my opinion. Brad Green, Brad Johnson, these guys played tall, and Howe is a much better mark than them. There's no reason why he can't be kicking 3-4 goals a week. Has he even kicked one this year?

I rewatched the first quarter last night (sadist I know) and a couple of Howe's efforts were pathetic. Can't speak for the rest of the game as I didn't really get to see much but on the first quarter Pedersen put in a far superior effort to Howe even if it didn't amount to much.

I'm as frustrated as I ever have been in the team I have supported with much passion for over 60 years.

When I read the team for the Eagles clash on Thursday however, I thought a belting was almost a certainty.

Missing 6 automatic selections when fit, most of them talls, and with Fitzy and Tom under fitness clouds, I knew what was in store against a very good side stacked with quality big men.

I am comforted by the reality that we are getting more of the footy, not so how we are disposing of the Sherrin.

Roos is only two weeks in I'm telling myself.

I thought pre-game we would get done by 80-120 points so the game went according to my expectations. The only really annoying thing is I didn't get on the Eagles -60 points at $3.

I take a broader view of AFL footy than many here and as I was walking home from the game on Sunday I wondered what I'd do to help the club if I was running the AFL.

I couldn't come up with anything that is in any way possible. Some will argue for a priority pick but one PP next year will not solve our problems. The AFL have helped secure a competent CEO who has lured a competent coach but the problems seems so deep I just wonder how long is needed to rectify the damage done over the recent past and whether the MFC will survive that period.

I know Scoop and know what a passionate supporter he is and what a passionate supporting family he comes from. I'm much older than him and in the not too distant past used to have restless nights in anticipation of a MFC game. But like Scoop I sat through Sundays game with not any excitement, no anticipation, no emotion and no anger. I just expected it. When we kicked our second goal in the third quarter I couldn't understand our supporters excitement. I reckon I'm as welded on as they come but on my walk home I also wondered how I could add some excitement to the year (because excitement is what footy used to be) and I'm seriously considering following another team for the year. Not forever, not paid up, but just to try and put some fun into footy. I've watched many of my passionate friends lose interest. They didn't want to but they just aren't interested in witnessing regular 100 point thrashings any more. They just don't enjoy being totally non competitive and I think, like me, many saw hope this year only to see it gutted on Sunday.

I was absolutely bullish in the preseason. I saw a Darren Lehmann like led recovery. But as Choko said in a post, the players are mentally shot just as the supporters are mentally shot.

Franky31 is another I know. His posts in the last few weeks are atypical and reek of the frustration of investing emotionally in this mob and I don't blame him. At least he has the energy to be angry but I'm not even angry any more.

Tasmania will most probably have a team when the next TV rights come about. 19 teams don't seem practical. If we don't emerge very quickly and reactivate the supporter base there will hardly be a whimper when the oldest club in the competition is relocated. And that might suit the AFL very nicely.

The next 10 weeks might well tell the most important part of our history.

I'm in the same boat BB. I stopped being angry/frustrated/depressed in 2012. Now I just expect it don't really care anymore although I'll still go to games and always support the Demons. I vicariously barrack for the Cats and Tigers due to my wife's and cousin's allegiances but it's not the same, it will never be the same - it does make footy fun though. So does chucking on a $5 multi-bet each week with 6 or 8 legs. I'm just glad I'm going to see the Hawks/Cats on Easter Monday so I'll get to witness a good game live at least once this year.

I hope rpfc watches that video. Played with plenty of heart indeed.

A 'cherry picked' 5 minute video?

I am sorry but any team each week will have some level of 'incrimating' vision.

I saw a team play, they are just not very good and they don't think they themselves are very good.

A 'cherry picked' 5 minute video?

I am sorry but any team each week will have some level of 'incrimating' vision.

I saw a team play, they are just not very good and they don't think they themselves are very good.

Perhaps the standard of effort you expect is lower than mine. You've been conditioned as a fan of this crap for too long. The intensity was there against St Kilda. It was not there last week.

No they're not that good, but they are certainly better than that.

• Like 2

And you resort to your own little chestnut...

Why don't you move on past your own inaccurate and dismissive recollections of my views and your snide dislike for me as a poster and stick to the arguments.

Tassie is nowhere. Cheery little articles of state pride notwithstanding - they should not have re-upped with Hawthorn and they are nowhere.

Look rpfc, I like you. You display personal characteristics I admire. But to my post you arrogantly and rudely dismissed my proposition as "The Tassie chestnut - groan". So I reminded you of your arrogant dismissive attitude to my proposition some years ago that Schwab, McLardy and Neeld were not "best practice" and should be replaced.

You were wrong then as I believe you're in danger of being wrong now. Tassie may not have been on the agenda some months ago but another year of Sunday like performances and I think things can change.

This is a forum for views so just debate the issues. It really isn't that hard. And if you don't like me as a poster you can do two things. Firstly you can not read and respond to my posts and secondly you can hide them.

I won't be the slightest bit offended with either. But if you respond to me in an arrogant dismissive manner as you did here I'll return it in kind. If you want a sensible debate then I'll return it in kind.

It's your choice really so don't get all uppity when your attitude is returned.

i have never subscribed to your Northern Stand tirades mate!!

The trouble in the old days 65 onwards was we didn't jump on the professional bandwagon quick enough. Carlton took our spot.

But this last disaster is all Schwab.

nope it was the change of social attitudes at their beginnings, the birth of political correctness & the beginning of the end of accepting "straight shooters" with acid tongues.

the more educated new generation are horrified with the truth layed out bare to their faces. smithy's style.

this political correctness is how our rambunctious new kids, are smoothed out into diplomats & business types without any rough edges & little to no aggression.

we go for outside type players & choirboy types running the wings. recruit in A heMan once in a while. fail fail fail. 45+ years fail.

I rewatched the first quarter last night (sadist I know) and a couple of Howe's efforts were pathetic. Can't speak for the rest of the game as I didn't really get to see much but on the first quarter Pedersen put in a far superior effort to Howe even if it didn't amount to much.

see people are waking up now, without our guns out there for these players to hide amongst.

I get my money back this month from receivers, & another account tomorrow. this week I'll renew my membership from 2012... but I don't know if I feel like I can go on next year, & I'll be over 2 hours from the 'G'.

trying to find some inspiration & enjoyment somewhere, going back over old ground, fishing, golf ??? women, nah!!!

Also over 2 hours from the G.

I donate to the club every year, I suppose I get a warm feeling that lasts until March when the anger sets in. Come September I will donate again, creature of habit I suppose. If we become good again in my lifetime at least I can say I stuck with the Dees through thin & thinner.

• Like 1

Also over 2 hours from the G.

I donate to the club every year, I suppose I get a warm feeling that lasts until March when the anger sets in. Come September I will donate again, creature of habit I suppose. If we become good again in my lifetime at least I can say I stuck with the Dees through thin & thinner.

Same here, but football has become a chore, never ending nightmare.

Its like groundhog day year after year after year.

Roos has to fix this, otherwise this great club will die.

• Like 1

Look rpfc, I like you. You display personal characteristics I admire. But to my post you arrogantly and rudely dismissed my proposition as "The Tassie chestnut - groan". So I reminded you of your arrogant dismissive attitude to my proposition some years ago that Schwab, McLardy and Neeld were not "best practice" and should be replaced.

You were wrong then as I believe you're in danger of being wrong now. Tassie may not have been on the agenda some months ago but another year of Sunday like performances and I think things can change.

This is a forum for views so just debate the issues. It really isn't that hard. And if you don't like me as a poster you can do two things. Firstly you can not read and respond to my posts and secondly you can hide them.

I won't be the slightest bit offended with either. But if you respond to me in an arrogant dismissive manner as you did here I'll return it in kind. If you want a sensible debate then I'll return it in kind.

It's your choice really so don't get all uppity when your attitude is returned.

And you describe me as uppity again, perhaps with 'pedantic qualities?'

You really should take your own advice, and the graveyard of Demonland is filled with my buried hatchets.

I can be arrogant and dismissive and I apologise with my last one with regard to the proposed Tasmanian team.

You will have to excuse me on this issue - this is one rare subject with which I have inside knowledge on the status of their bid.

Having to hear about the closeness of this team to eventuate has done my head in on here for a few years now because I am related to the consultant used by the Tasmanian government to lobby the AFL for a team. It was effectively abandoned when the GWS decision was made, and then the earth was salted when they re-upped their deal with Hawthorn for 2012-2016 at $18.3m for the 5 years.

The Hawks saying goodbye to that money is one of the many obstacles that a revived Tassie bid will have to overcome.

And the government will have to make moves pretty soon if they want to revive it.

Perhaps the standard of effort you expect is lower than mine. You've been conditioned as a fan of this crap for too long. The intensity was there against St Kilda. It was not there last week.

No they're not that good, but they are certainly better than that.

I have high expectations also but to expect anything more with the squad we had on the park last week against there's would be silly. The Eagles will take some serious beating this year and with our decimated list we were never going to get close.

We put in a similar effort to what we did against the Saints just fortunately for us they are awful as well, just not quite as awful.