Melbourne Vs West Coast Round 2

InVINCEable

The real problem as I see it is without a half way reasonable and functional fwd line alk forward thrusts will probably just become fodder for Weagles to rebound, again and again. In effect working to feed THEM . With Chip playing his AA game :rolleyes: and no Col it might get ugly

I don’t think we will cause a upset and take the points this week.

BUT i can see us playing better.

I don’t think we will give the ball away as much, that is unless we are given a new "clash" jumper with navy blue white and yellow as the colours.

Hopefully the kicking for goals improves and it’s not a 6 goal 15 game.

Some of the players that showed us something over summer can actually decide to turn up and play

Hopefully we don’t get plagued with little injuries like last week

No AFL team should be taken lightly regardless of history and last week showed. Maybe we could do the same to the eagles.

Im not saying i know anything you guys and girls don’t but i am always positive and looking forward to see my guys play. I don’t know about you but i will be watching it on Sunday with a beer in my hand and a box of tissues ready (for the tears if need..........no suss comments thanks)

• Like 1

I dont realky see how our scoreboard attack will vary much from last week.

There is a fundamental reason certain players are forwards. Its their forte. The understand the machinations of yhe front 50 and have the footskills to split posts.

When they dont present others struggle as was the case.

As this wont change much going into this game I cant fathom any basis for a different outcone.

I think a 28.6% Conversion rate wouldnt happen two weeks in a row.

based on your hopes...or

Actually... probably you have cause... in so far as wce wont grant us as much opportunity.

Edited by beelzebub

It's that little voice in your head.

Every dees supporter has it!

The little bastard does it to me every week.....
  • Like 1

We were with West Coast right up until 3rd quarter last year, with no forwards then either. With a better MFC team anything is possible.

I still don't like our chances sadly, but I'm just being a bit optimistic.

Nice theory, but the West Coast of 2014 is leagues ahead of the West Coast of 2013. They were crippled by season long injuries last year, just as we seem destined to be this year.

• Like 1

I have assumed Fitzpatrick , Mc Donald will not be fit , If Watts is injured Pedo might just have to play( Pity Juice was flicked would have got a gig given circumstances) Sorry couldn't resist. I would have had Blease for Toumpas ( easily I cannot how a bloke who can kick brilliant goals in a game and has electrifying pace cannot get a gig)

Jetta for Byrnes and Clisby for Pederson., unless Watts out injured

My side therefore would look like this

B TERLICH FRAWLEY GRIMES

HB DUNNE GEORGIO CLISBY

C M JONES MICHIE TYSON

HF BAIL HOWE BLEASE

F GAWNE WATTS JETTA

R SPENCER JONES VINCE

inter CROSS, VINEY, TRENGOVE SUB KENNEDY- HARRIS

plenty of flexibility and with a bit of X Factor.

I have assumed Fitzpatrick , Mc Donald will not be fit , If Watts is injured Pedo might just have to play( Pity Juice was flicked would have got a gig given circumstances) Sorry couldn't resist. I would have had Blease for Toumpas ( easily I cannot how a bloke who can kick brilliant goals in a game and has electrifying pace cannot get a gig)

Jetta for Byrnes and Clisby for Pederson., unless Watts out injured

My side therefore would look like this

B TERLICH FRAWLEY GRIMES

HB DUNNE GEORGIO CLISBY

C M JONES MICHIE TYSON

HF BAIL HOWE BLEASE

F GAWNE WATTS JETTA

R SPENCER JONES VINCE

inter CROSS, VINEY, TRENGOVE SUB KENNEDY- HARRIS

plenty of flexibility and with a bit of X Factor.

I thought Toumpas was pretty good, i certainly rate that output higher than the one good game blease has played in his five years at the club.

Didn't Clark kick 3 goals in that match last year?

Correct, forget he actually played a few games last year tbh.

Nice theory, but the West Coast of 2014 is leagues ahead of the West Coast of 2013. They were crippled by season long injuries last year, just as we seem destined to be this year.

Touche, good point. I expect to lose but I'm hoping it's not by much.

We were with West Coast right up until 3rd quarter last year, with no forwards then either. With a better MFC team anything is possible.

I still don't like our chances sadly, but I'm just being a bit optimistic.

Yeah it was that 1.1 to 11.2 third quarter that killed us. A respectable and competetive 10 point half-time deficit turned into a 94 point shellacking.

Can anyone else see the progress?

We are now worried about how in the world we are going to kick a goal.

It's a much better place than worrying how in the world we are going to get a kick...

We may not win Sunday, but we can certainly continue on what we saw in Rd 1; progress.

• Like 5

Can anyone else see the progress?

We are now worried about how in the world we are going to kick a goal.

It's a much better place than worrying how in the world we are going to get a kick...

We may not win Sunday, but we can certainly continue on what we saw in Rd 1; progress.

I agree, but we must also be mindful of the opposition we were facing. i.e. a not very good one.

Progress will be measured with a bit more meaning this Sunday.

I don't mind if we lose this one but it would be great to see the team highly defensive and keeping the scores within thirty points. That would be a fantastic result.

While we have no tall forwards there's no reason our back line and midfield can't defend well and stop West Coast from piling on a huge lead.

As Vince, Howe and Roos have all said, we need to lower our eyes to score this week. We can't beat their talls but we have evasive small blokes that can be fast and hopefully find space. Some accuracy from goal kicking mids wouldn't hurt either. Vince is a classy kick from a distance, last week just wasn't his week.

I don't mind if we lose this one but it would be great to see the team highly defensive and keeping the scores within thirty points. That would be a fantastic result.

While we have no tall forwards there's no reason our back line and midfield can't defend well and stop West Coast from piling on a huge lead.

As Vince, Howe and Roos have all said, we need to lower our eyes to score this week. We can't beat their talls but we have evasive small blokes that can be fast and hopefully find space. Some accuracy from goal kicking mids wouldn't hurt either. Vince is a classy kick from a distance, last week just wasn't his week.

I'd be tempted to try and run off their forwards, we know they are going to do damage, but if our backs can create at the same time we can at least make them accountable, the best defence is a good offence sorta thing.

\

I wouldn't mind either if we see some really shocking turnovers that result in West Coast goals, if our players are trying to get creative. It shows they're trying new things and thinking outside the box, which is a trait we've lacked for many a year.

Yes, Frawley fumbled that crucial handball last week that resulted in a Saints goal and gave them all the momentum, but it was great to see our backs heading forward and trying to compensate for our lack of talls.

Edited by Lamashtu

Melbourne squad: round two
B: Lynden Dunn, James Frawley, Alex Georgiou
HB: Jack Grimes, Tom McDonald, Dean Terlich
C: Jack Trengove, Dom Tyson, Daniel Cross
HF: Jack Watts, Cam Pedersen, Jimmy Toumpas
F: Jeremy Howe, Jack Fitzpatrick, Rohan Bail
FOLL: Jake Spencer, Nathan Jones, Bernie Vince
I/C (from): Shannon Byrnes, Matt Jones, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Viv Michie, Dean Kent, Michael Evans, Sam Blease
IN: Sam Blease, Dean Kent, Michael Evans
OUT: –

​Team named for sunday. Gawn not selected due to hammy soreness.