Paul Roos 3 years ??

All the Jacks

I'd prefer he stay for about 7 years (I think most of us would).

Have Paul Roos at the helm when we are performing and the players have matured. Over the time he would help produce solid sponsors and membership numbers.

If he were to be relatively successful, Paul would be remembered as being one of the greatest coaches.
It's all positives if he stays, its just his family and motivation that is the question.

• Like 2

If the 2 year minimum that Clarkson is suggesting comes in, Roos would need to stay for 3, but it just doesn't seem right to me, in 3 years we could be pushing finals, surely Roos would wanna see if we can go all the way, why start a journey and jump ship half way through, especially considering the money he is on.

He seems like a very family orientated person and I think we can all agree that being a coach would be an extremely stressful and demanding job (Neeld). I think after 2-3 years money will not really be a big draw card (he is already set up and could easily retire and spend time with his family). If after 2-3 years he is still loving it and we are within a 2 year premiership window then I could see him considering staying on (probably under an advisory role - less demanding).

He seems like a very family orientated person and I think we can all agree that being a coach would be an extremely stressful and demanding job (Neeld). I think after 2-3 years money will not really be a big draw card (he is already set up and could easily retire and spend time with his family). If after 2-3 years he is still loving it and we are within a 2 year premiership window then I could see him considering staying on (probably under an advisory role - less demanding).

I disagree.

His kids are now leaving school, leaving home. He'll have more time, less family demands... ;)

The fact that he's still doing TV work mean he doesn't find coaching as stressfull as a first time coach might.

Edited by PaulRB

If the 2 year minimum that Clarkson is suggesting comes in, Roos would need to stay for 3, but it just doesn't seem right to me, in 3 years we could be pushing finals, surely Roos would wanna see if we can go all the way, why start a journey and jump ship half way through, especially considering the money he is on.

This is irrelevant if Rawlings gets the nod.

Ed: Which I think he will.

Edited by McQueen

Don't think it was that bizarre.. he's just a hippie is all :)

The word is Brett Ratten apparently..

EDIT: could do worse btw..

I hope you are trolling because if not I will lose all hope of seeing a premiership in my lifetime!

Don't think it was that bizarre.. he's just a hippie is all :)

The word is Brett Ratten apparently..

EDIT: could do worse btw..

I seriously doubt it, Roos will want someone who will just keep the game plan flowing, which is why Rawlings is in the box seat

I hope you are trolling because if not I will lose all hope of seeing a premiership in my lifetime!

LH I noted you said "all hope" so You currently think there is not much hope.

Either way welcome to the Club!

Don't mind the 'Ratten rumour'. The last time our midfield was any good, was when he was coaching. Don't think he did a bad job with Carlton at all either.

I agree wmth they have not exactly turned into world beaters since he was flung.

He also managed to Tank for two years and got away with it Scott free.

Seems he is multi skilled.

Don't mind the 'Ratten rumour'. The last time our midfield was any good, was when he was coaching. Don't think he did a bad job with Carlton at all either.

Is the roumor that ratten may be the apprentice?

Im not opposed to that, as you said, we played some good footy when he was around, arguably our best since the stynes era.

He was good at carlton, they made a big mistake.

No one has a clue who, if anyone is in the box seat 'D26'.

Roos said he would make Rawlings fill the role of senior assistant for 2014, i'd say that's a decent head start

I agree wmth they have not exactly turned into world beaters since he was flung.

He also managed to Tank for two years and got away with it Scott free.

Seems he is multi skilled.

lol when do you suppose he tanked?

at carlton in his first year they didn't do well, but his second they finished 10th.

you can't finnish tenth and still be tanking.

Roos is the coach for minimum of the next two years probably three.

If we are not respectable by then and capable of being coached by someone else then we are domed.

The next 2 -3 years is make or break time for the MFC.

If by 2017 we cannot succeed without Paul Roos it is curtains.

• Like 1

It is really such a long long road back when a club allows itself to fall away so badly as it has done. To get continuity and momentum and leadership and professionalism back in to an organisation that has become so shite really is a mammoth task.

Then to lose all the key forwards.

MFC situation can be likened to a cycle of poverty . So hard to break. It wont matter how many good draft picks it gets - the place has been robbed of any leadership and culture to an extent that any decent kid entering the system just cant bridge the gap as they just dont have any exposure to what makes good juniors good AFL players.

The club is in a death spiral and has been for 45 years. It was accelerated the last 7 years but the issues now are the fruits of decades past.

How do you pull an organisation out of this kind of tail spin?

It can but its going to be a 15 to 20 year process. At least. the lost generationS of supporters will take years to catch up on. I wonder how many kids in any given class room in the early 60s were Demons supporter? Im sure there were plenty. Now, the poor fellas are probaly get bashed behind the sports sheds for bringing their Jack Watts signed footy to school.

How was it allowed to disappear? How was one of the giants of the competition allowed to fritter away that support and success? Its a [censored] disgrace and the administrators involved should be ashamed of what they allowed to happen.

Schwab was a cancer to the club however its too simplistic to blame this on him solely. This problem was 40 years old before he turned up the second time. He set the club back massively I agree and 2014 is , at best, 2009 again. At best. this is march 2009 for the MFC. With half a list of C graders, a few young kids with talent and some young players who will carve out sub par careers with the club, failing to meet expectations.

We are kidding ourselves if we think Paul Roos is going to turn this around. Anything other than multi decade sustained respectability and success will do nothing other than paper over the cracks.

The club is in a death spiral, with Roos coming in and pulling back on the stick for a couple of years .

I like to think that this could be a metaphor for (no, I don't have a stutter) the MFC...

http://www.viralnova.com/shocking-dog-transformation/

I think the dog was in a way better spot than the MFC in 2013 hardtack.

Forgetting the MFC the story was bringing a little mist to my eyes.

• Like 1

I think the dog was in a way better spot than the MFC in 2013 hardtack.

Forgetting the MFC the story was bringing a little mist to my eyes.

It had the same affect on me too OD... that story had a happy ending, but sadly for every one of those there are probably dozens that don't end well.

Roos said he would make Rawlings fill the role of senior assistant for 2014, i'd say that's a decent head start

We haven't heard that Rawlings even wants to be a senior coach.

I'd say all it tells us is the Rawlings is senior assistant this year, I wouldn't write anything else into it just yet.

LH I noted you said "all hope" so You currently think there is not much hope.

Either way welcome to the Club!

Thank you :rolleyes: . Is that the 'older-dee's-supporter- who-might-die-before-the-next-flag'' Club or the 'My hope-will-fade-quickly-if-Roos-doesn't-improve-us' Club? While my glass-of-hope is still half-full OD, me thinks I qualify for both Clubs! :)

Thank you :rolleyes: . Is that the 'older-dee's-supporter- who-might-die-before-the-next-flag'' Club or the 'My hope-will-fade-quickly-if-Roos-doesn't-improve-us' Club? While my glass-of-hope is still half-full OD, me thinks I qualify for both Clubs! :)

membership is immediately transferable LH with no waiting period.

lol when do you suppose he tanked?

at carlton in his first year they didn't do well, but his second they finished 10th.

you can't finnish tenth and still be tanking.

He took over from Pagan in 2007 and tanked the bejeezus out of that year - to get the PP and Judd with it.

They were 4 and 7 after 11 rounds and then 4 and 18...

• Like 1