• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Next years guernsey

Chook in Perth

I don't believe we've seen enough experimentation or had anyone placed in a position to find out if there is or there isn't (a good alternative strip) We'll only have a definitive answer if all avenues and choices are exhausted.

Look at the Pies - what now looks like an obvious answer took at least a few years to come to fruition. Why didn't they think of it earlier?

As for the AFL, I believe if we came up with a decent alternative, they would at least entertain the thought (lets agree to disagree on that, shall we?) Someone with a bit more expertise in this area might come up with the answer. I've thrown out a few ideas in a few earlier posts.

Well get out the MS Paint and show us some examples that are better than the white one. The white one has some positives - unchanged red V, does have blue, looks like a footy jumper, isn't covered in rubbish drawings like some hawks/lions/crows jumpers of recent times.

Well get out the MS Paint and show us some examples that are better than the white one. The white one has some positives - unchanged red V, does have blue, looks like a footy jumper, isn't covered in rubbish drawings like some hawks/lions/crows jumpers of recent times.

I don't care what the other clubs do - they can please themselves.

I get it - there's a group here that are happy with the white jumper. I'm not trying to make you not like it - you can like it to your heart's content. I'm just aware that you need to be careful what you wish for.

Are you saying I have to like it?

All this thread has done is reinforce my delight at how tight our club has become.

No leaks,no stupid decisions,no anything to complain about,so we have to debate benign issues like alternative strips.

My two cents worth is that we are part of a competition which now requires an alternative strip preferably predominantly white, which we have complied with,along with everyone else who wish to compete in the AFL. End of story.

My 15 year old daughter likes our clash jumper and wears it to every game,preferring it to our traditional jumper.

I understand those who prefer our traditional red and navy jumper,as I do,but clash strips are now a fact of life and the sooner we accept that mostly white is part of the new landscape the easier it will be.

All this thread has done is reinforce my delight at how tight our club has become.

No leaks,no stupid decisions,no anything to complain about,so we have to debate benign issues like alternative strips.

My two cents worth is that we are part of a competition which now requires an alternative strip preferably predominantly white, which we have complied with,along with everyone else who wish to compete in the AFL. End of story.

My 15 year old daughter likes our clash jumper and wears it to every game,preferring it to our traditional jumper.

I understand those who prefer our traditional red and navy jumper,as I do,but clash strips are now a fact of life and the sooner we accept that mostly white is part of the new landscape the easier it will be.

life wasn't meant to be easy t34 :)

if it was i would never have become a demon supporter

Are you saying I have to like it?

Macca I'm with you ....in that I agree , do we have to like it, just because it is

Macca I'm with you ....in that I agree , do we have to like it, just because it is

It's interesting isn't it - people say we should concentrate on winning games but it's not like any of us supporters can do anything about that . Roos and co. and all the players would have zero interest in all this so they're hardly going to be distracted!

We supporters do have a voice though - and it's issues like this where we can actually make a difference - especially if the white jumper doesn't sell. You probably can't have an alternate strip (long term) that doesn't sell.

It would be an administration and marketing matter anyway and it's matters such as these which is partly what they are there for.

Edited by Macca

Yes, I apologise for my 'red herring' of stating a fact.

Frankly, I have tread this path before. It's just as boring as ever, and even more moot.

We're in white, deal with it.

it wasn't the fact that you stated a fact, it was the fact you ascribed a relevance to it

if you are bored you know the solution

and i'll deal with it my way, thanks anyway

I see the jumper design and colours as one of the clubs core values. I associate the club with the "Red and the blue" It's not a "piddling" matter for many of us. It's one of the reasons why we started supporting the club in the first place.

Winning games of footy is more important obviously, but traditions can also be adhered to as a matter of course.

Test cricketers of all nations all play in the same uniform - white's (and believe it or not, I don't have a problem with that :) )

OK. I will rephrase that a little.

I hope when PJ looks at his to do list for the week, the redesign of the jumper and the logo isn't on the top of his agenda. It might get there one day when all the other peripheral problems are gone but right now, we have bigger fish to fry.

My concern is that in the past we were spending time and resources designing blazers, collared guernseys complete with stars and historical color schemes and fancy logos rather than working out how we could actually maximize the ability of our team.

I hope when PJ looks at his to do list for the week, the redesign of the jumper and the logo isn't on the top of his agenda. It might get there one day when all the other peripheral problems are gone but right now, we have bigger fish to fry.

My concern is that in the past we were spending time and resources designing blazers, collared guernseys complete with stars and historical color schemes and fancy logos rather than working out how we could actually maximize the ability of our team.

I agree, but in a way that is why I have been vocal on here for wanting those things undone (blazer, collar, logo etc), because they symbolise an era where those things seemed to take precedence over football.

So damned either way really.

And I'm not concerned with all that other stuff you mentioned - hadn't even crossed my mind. Honestly.

Sometimes it's best to work out whether you're on the same page with whoever you might be debating with (and agree to disagree early when appropriate)

I don't mind giving ground usually but on some issues, we can all get a bit passionate - hey, at least we still all care!

Anyway ... I'm done, CBF! Got nuthin' more to add (unless someone quotes me again ^_^)

Personally I actually don't mind the clash jumper. If they allowed us to wear blue shorts with it then it would look much better. However, if they did permit us to use red as the primary colour, then I think something like this would look decent. I really like the MFC crest. Should be utilised more often.

Totally agree. The MFC crest should be on our clash jumper.

Why? Because it looks good.

it wasn't the fact that you stated a fact, it was the fact you ascribed a relevance to it

if you are bored you know the solution

and i'll deal with it my way, thanks anyway

Relevance is in the eye of the beholder.

You don't like the argument and all you have to answer it with is that the colour in question (or non-colour) was used by the cricketers that began the game.

And?

Cricketers started the club you barrack for, invented the rules of the game we play, and they happened to play at first in their cricket whites. And who did they play back then? Geelong.

And do think that Geelong played in their whites too?

They didn't.

Ironically enough they wore an all blue jumper in 1859, red in 1860, and a red jumper and blue shorts in 1862.

The MFC moved to navy blue in 1873 and toyed with the red V, stripe down and across, until we settled on the yolk in 1935.

The MFC was born out of a cricket club, invented by cricketers, and they honoured that with their uniform for 12 of their first 14 years of existence (they wore an awful magenta jumper in 1861/62).

http://australianfootball.com/

http://www.footyjumpers.com/

Edited by rpfc

I really like the clash jumper, own one myself, and I also like the concept - every team should be forced to have one.

Essentially a dark and a light jumper, for home and away, just like the shorts.

I'm disappointed & confused about the resistance.

I guess people are just scared of change.

I don't care for the relevance of the white, or for the history of our jumper designs, or that we should 'concentrate on winning games instead of talking about our clash strip'.

This is a thread about Guernseys. And our clash one is utter shite in my view. And I hope that it will revolve one day.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

you want a very simple away strip..

heres one.. who would it clash with.. I.e If supposedly our normal one clashes, which team would this not then work with ?

F*%# the white !!!

g8y3.jpg

in my very humble and self -important opinion ( lol ) I think the nexus about that which the question of away strip colouring centers is to look at the originating jumper' pallette. A reason that say StKilda, Carlton Freo , even Doggies, dont look too bad ( in a fashion ) is that WHITE plays a part in the original theme. All you are then really doing is transpositioning the relatitve important of this hue or that. There is NO white in Melbourne's Jumper.

To introduce white then just makes ours look false, fraudelent. Essendon is proof that the white requirement is a total crock

Old....you want white..... here ...i added some more :rolleyes::)

oop4.jpg

I'd even buy that !! :)

Edited by beelzebub

at least it looks like a bloody football jumper and not some cheerleaders blouse !!!