WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - DOM TYSON

angrydee

it's effectively tyson and salem for kelly and dunstan, yeah?

the difference is that tyson should be able to impact immediately for us, whereas kelly and dunstan would have taken development time.

fwiw, all four should be very good players in the long-term.

Not saying the move was wrong at all but at this stage it seems Dunstan will likely line up round 1 and may well play on Tyson. Kelly also a shot to play round 1. Classic Melbourne luck really. Can't wait to see Salem actually play some games. Did he play for Casey today?

The purpose was to show, we still dont have any real stars in the midfield.

Hopefully the likes of Tyson and Viney will develop into what we need.

We got all these new midfielders but still got smashed, however its not panic stations yet we will see how good these guys are as the season develops.

And we needed reminding of this?

This is a football chat forum is it not?

Not saying the move was wrong at all but at this stage it seems Dunstan will likely line up round 1 and may well play on Tyson. Kelly also a shot to play round 1. Classic Melbourne luck really. Can't wait to see Salem actually play some games. Did he play for Casey today?

What's that mean.

You think it was a bad trade?

Dead set ...

Dead set ...

I love the trade, Kelly and Dunstan will probably both be good players but i reckon so will Tyson and Salem, but Tyson is a future star and he was ready to make an impact right away which i think puts him ahead of them,

looking back i reckon we should have offered picks 3 and 13 for Hogan and Kelly in the mini draft and forgotten about injury prone Dawesy, imagine adding Hogan and Kelly to our list this year after a year of development

I love the trade, Kelly and Dunstan will probably both be good players but i reckon so will Tyson and Salem, but Tyson is a future star and he was ready to make an impact right away which i think puts him ahead of them,

looking back i reckon we should have offered picks 3 and 13 for Hogan and Kelly in the mini draft and forgotten about injury prone Dawesy, imagine adding Hogan and Kelly to our list this year after a year of development

To be honest I have never seen Kelly or Jack Martin play, apparently both very good players, but surely we would have taken Martin instead of Kelly. I'm pretty confident Dawesy will come good for us.
  • Like 1

To be honest I have never seen Kelly or Jack Martin play, apparently both very good players, but surely we would have taken Martin instead of Kelly. I'm pretty confident Dawesy will come good for us.

We wouldn't have had the currency to get Martin, probably not Kelly either given that we had Hogan already and there was a bit of dealing to pick up Viney later in the draft.

Dead set ...

No not at all. Just saying we do this move to secure a player in Tyson who we think has as much potential as pick 2 (Kelly) and can be ready to go now and then we use pick 9 for a draftee who may or may not take time. Then if we kept the picks both Kelly and Dunstan would've been ready to go.

The right move was getting Tyson who looks to have as much potential as any mid and barring injuries was ready to perform now. I'm just saying it's the way things seem to fall with us and the draft lately that whoever we don't touch turns to gold.

No not at all. Just saying we do this move to secure a player in Tyson who we think has as much potential as pick 2 (Kelly) and can be ready to go now and then we use pick 9 for a draftee who may or may not take time. Then if we kept the picks both Kelly and Dunstan would've been ready to go.

The right move was getting Tyson who looks to have as much potential as any mid and barring injuries was ready to perform now. I'm just saying it's the way things seem to fall with us and the draft lately that whoever we don't touch turns to gold.

Tyson has more upside than Kelly and much more than Dunstan who will be a good but never a great player. Some rated Salem ahead of Kelly but it's yet to be seen.

I think we've done more than ok here. I would take Tyson and Salem ahead of Kelly and Dunstan any day and we did which I'm happy about.

• Like 1

Tyson has more upside than Kelly and much more than Dunstan who will be a good but never a great player. Some rated Salem ahead of Kelly but it's yet to be seen.

I think we've done more than ok here. I would take Tyson and Salem ahead of Kelly and Dunstan any day and we did which I'm happy about.

I've also heard Salem rated ahead of Kelly from someone involved in TAC footy.

rjay what is your background with junior footy? You seem to have a good handle on it.

To me Salem looks a complete player, skills, speed inside/outside Tyson is very similar both i imagine will become key parts to our midfield

Dunstan went before the position our second pick would have been. You can't just pluck 2 players out before our second pick and say 'I wish we had him.' I don't see the point. We could have taken Kelly and anyone after pick 22. Please keep the conversation relevant.

And we couldn't have traded pick 3 and 13 for hogan and Kelly as the first pick was already gone for pick 2.

I'm a pretty positive person but all this we should have done this or that is making all the threads pretty boring. We have the players we have, let's just hope roosy can make something of them. I'll be happy if we can turn it around and win around 8 games or so. We are coming from a long way back. I can see us being like the doggies last year and play some decent footy near the end of the season. This will set us up for next year.

I'm still confident we can win r1. It is not as easy as people were saying last week. But our mids have all had strong preseasons and that's a good start.

• Like 1

Dunstan went before the position our second pick would have been. You can't just pluck 2 players out before our second pick and say 'I wish we had him.' I don't see the point. We could have taken Kelly and anyone after pick 22. Please keep the conversation relevant.

And we couldn't have traded pick 3 and 13 for hogan and Kelly as the first pick was already gone for pick 2.

I'm a pretty positive person but all this we should have done this or that is making all the threads pretty boring. We have the players we have, let's just hope roosy can make something of them. I'll be happy if we can turn it around and win around 8 games or so. We are coming from a long way back. I can see us being like the doggies last year and play some decent footy near the end of the season. This will set us up for next year.

I'm still confident we can win r1. It is not as easy as people were saying last week. But our mids have all had strong preseasons and that's a good start.

our second pick we are essentially comparing Dunstan against Vince and i know who wins out there. sure we could have, traded picks 3 and 13 for mini draft 2 and 3 Martin to suns for pick 2, Hogan to us for 3 and kelly for 13 and a sweetener

our second pick we are essentially comparing Dunstan against Vince and i know who wins out there. sure we could have, traded picks 3 and 13 for mini draft 2 and 3 Martin to suns for pick 2, Hogan to us for 3 and kelly for 13 and a sweetener

We couldn't have traded 3 and 13 for hogan and Kelly. Both were 17 and there were only 2 picks for 17 year olds. Not 3. Gws started out with 4 x 17 year olds they could trade. The first 2 were went to GCS and Adelaide the year before. GCS took Martin with the third and we got hogan with the last. Therefor Kelly was not eligible. We could have picked him instead of hogan.

There is no point comparing Dunstan to Vince. Dunstan was gone before the pick we gave up for Vince or the pick we gave to gws. Dunstan went in the teens.

• Like 1

I've also heard Salem rated ahead of Kelly from someone involved in TAC footy.

rjay what is your background with junior footy? You seem to have a good handle on it.

Just take an interest in it 'bob', given our ladder position it's something I like to keep an eye on. I also have a few contacts with parents of kids who have come through the system.

I think part of the reason we traded pick 2 (Tyson was a good get) was that we rated Salem at least as highly or close to Kelly and thought we could pick him up around where we did. Kelly appears to be a Scully type runner with better skills so he will be a good player.

Looking at the development thread you started earlier (good topic) it seems the club are taking it easy with Salem and not placing big expectations on him early. It will be good to watch his development at Casey, I will be surprised if he is not pushing for senior selection at some stage this year.

Hunt is the really interesting one, came out of nowhere. Big wraps from Finey and Robert Shaw, and also getting a lot of positive feedback from some of the senior players. Watching him at training early in the year he didn't seem out of place, just a few adjustments needed on when and were to position himself. He does move well and is very quick.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...