Brad Sewell

w00dy

Pick 38??

No way. Hawks will trade for little if Sewell gets a 2 year deal, they will look after him.

He is held in huge regard at the Hawks as he has been recognized as an important mentor / teacher of those younger than him. Give me Brad over Cross, will make our midfield better and if he is as good as I believe he is with young players, we will benefit from his influence for up to ten years

• Like 2

If the deal is decent - and he is willing, then of course you do it.

We bemoan our lack of leadership and strong bodies to guide and protect our young players and then when the off-season rolls around we suddenly forget where we are and think we have the luxury of the same decisions that a Richmond makes.

Get real. We can use a Brad Sewell for a few years.

• Like 4

I would love Sewell to come to our club.

He would bring as much off field than he would on it.

We got guys like Rodan and Byrnes to show the way off field, and Sewell is 10 times better than those two.

To think that all those years ago Ferguson turned down the trade.

He could have been a premiership player and Sewell could have been enjoying a career as the best player at the worse club.

• Like 1

dont go to the fergmeister Jaded, my stomach will turn

I would love Sewell to come to our club.

He would bring as much off field than he would on it.

We got guys like Rodan and Byrnes to show the way off field, and Sewell is 10 times better than those two.

To think that all those years ago Ferguson turned down the trade.

He could have been a premiership player and Sewell could have been enjoying a career as the best player at the worse club.

yes jaded but with that culture then Sewell probably would have turned out ordinary. no better than Ferguson. lets NOT forget, we haven't been able to develop our kids properly for over 15 years now.

this is how important it is to change our culture, & for our players to realise & to adopt & drive change. So we have to go Outside our club to get the people in who know whats wrong with us & to fix it (the culture around this place)

the timing is right for a Sewell & a Chappy. a

after Neeld smashed the old clique, we are now in an exposed state culture wise. its an open wound & will heal according to the way its dressed.

offer Sewell 3Yrs, & Chappy 2Yrs with big dollars front ended. together they will drive a hard headed change throughout the club. the timing is Right.

• Like 2

yes jaded but with that culture then Sewell probably would have turned out ordinary. no better than Ferguson. lets NOT forget, we haven't been able to develop our kids properly for over 15 years now.

this is how important it is to change our culture, & for our players to realise & to adopt & drive change. So we have to go Outside our club to get the people in who know whats wrong with us & to fix it (the culture around this place)

the timing is right for a Sewell & a Chappy. a

after Neeld smashed the old clique, we are now in an exposed state culture wise. its an open wound & will heal according to the way its dressed.

offer Sewell 3Yrs, & Chappy 2Yrs with big dollars front ended. together they will drive a hard headed change throughout the club. the timing is Right.

A couple of our selections last year turned me off the notion of experienced (ie end of career) players But i'm having a rethink. Without question we are on shite street. Without question our midfield is .... well .. you all know. Without question we are craving success - supporters, members, players need hope. And let's face it Sloane, Swallow et el appears less and less likely.

So let's take a punt on those two and , maybe, with some good luck injury wise we can taste some success. IE Be able to go to the footy with some positive expectations.

Words missed

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Like 1

Our immediate problem seems to be no-one really wants to join a club with a losing culture.

Thanks to players such as Sylvia we have a lot of selling to do to get any draft/trade interest towards our club.

We must never allow our players to be so continuously pathetic again.

A couple of our selections last year turned me off the notion of experienced (ie end of career) players But i'm having a rethink. Without question we are on shite street. Without question our midfield is .... well .. you all know. Without question we are craving success - supporters, members, players need hope. And let's face it Sloane, Swallow et el appears less and less likely.

So let's take a punt and , maybe, with some good luck injury wise we can taste some success. IE Be able to go to the footy with some positive expectations.

last year the concept was right, but I don't think players like Chappy & Corey & that ilk wanted to leave & come to us,,, but We HAD to rid the list of some who were of an age that wouldn't help the Club change, plus the drivers of ineptitude, To facilitate the Change of our ongoing poor Culture.

Neeld willingly put all his balls on the table.

we ended up with a couple for one year, & a couple for more than 1Yr. players to add depth, & possibly more with the right environment & people around them.

Sewell OR Cross - we've got no-one like that - we need one of them.

agreed.

I wouldn't be against either of those 2, but prefer Sewell. add the small forward/Mid in Chappy & we splash & dash for 2 Years. come end of 2015, Jones Trenners Viney Toumpa will all be right into it.

any young U-18's will take 2 yrs to make any real impact, if their developed right.

Our immediate problem seems to be no-one really wants to join a club with a losing culture.

Thanks to players such as Sylvia we have a lot of selling to do to get any draft/trade interest towards our club.

We must never allow our players to be so continuously pathetic again.

Just as Roos told Chip, the drivers are the ones who have to drive the team culture, & be the ones who decide their own fate, you used the word We.

I'd like to add, that it is WE who elected, or agreed to proxy our votes to leaders & boards over 20 yrs, who have overseen our clubs near death.

We have to be more ruthless with this clubs fortunes, in our futures.

Sewell OR Cross - we've got no-one like that - we need one of them.

How about Sewell AND Cross? I cannot fathom how picking up both of them would be detrimental in any way. It'd be horrible having two proven ball winners in our 22. :P

• Like 2

How about Sewell AND Cross? I cannot fathom how picking up both of them would be detrimental in any way. It'd be horrible having two proven ball winners in our 22. :P

Too much of a similar offering for me - I'm hoping we're able to spread the net wider and snag a couple of younger options as well, e.g. Myers, Michie and together with whatever we end up with for pick 2 makes 4 new inclusions in the midfield.

I agree RE: casting a wider net and snagging a couple of younger midfielders. But surely Myers, Michie, Sewell, Cross and a GWS midfielder/Aish in the draft is the ideal trade/draft period? Suddenly, we might have depth for a year or two and all important competition for spots.

If we're serious about improving, the Nicholson's, McKenzie's etc should be on the fringe and these aforementioned guys taking their places.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

Wednesday Trade Wrap on the AFL website is now saying that Sewell wants to remain and it is highly unlikely he will be leaving.

I don't think both Sewell and Savage would be leaving. But we've definitely entered a new age of sorts whereby clubs and players ( in their golden years ) seem happy by mutuality to move on and still be favoured sons upon return etc.

So much here depends upon other more prioritised trades. Sewell may well end up moving but only as a convenience and only i think at the back end of this trade period

• Like 1

Wednesday Trade Wrap on the AFL website is now saying that Sewell wants to remain and it is highly unlikely he will be leaving.

The Age article also says if he goes he wants to go to a contender. You can pretty much put a line through him now.

The Age article also says if he goes he wants to go to a contender. You can pretty much put a line through him now.

A problem with that is that any other 'contender' will be in a similar boat in that they too will be paring back the vintage stock and injecting some mid aged "primed' players to kick them up.

What Sewell wants, may not exist.

So what he wants does exist ?

Who'd have thought.

they always would have....existed. Count for,... thats another thing ,. Can you cope with two ideas at once ?

Sewell?

Ever listened to him on 360? Ever looked at his body?

Seems to be one of the best trainers and prepares at hawthorn, and I think wants to go into coaching once he has finished. Can win inside footy 30+ times and consistently stands up in big games. (besides quiet gf this yr)

29, could get 2-3 years out of him in a playing assistant role.

He bagged Francesca Cumani, that's good enough for me...

Brad Sewell will be a great pick up, what we need with our pick 2 is a polished version of Sewell, but he will help us for stoppage clearences and his experienced head will help us set up at stoppages so the opposition don't always have spare players simply waiting for the ball to land in their hands (which is often the case)

And anyone who compares him to people like Byrnes and Rodan is talking shat, his form throughout this years finals was sublime and he stood up when people like roughead and co choked.

I would give up our pick 20 for him or Sylvia compo for him, compare him hampson who cost Richmond pick 28, he's gotta be rated higher than that.

GO SEWELLY GO DEES