Tom Rockliff

dazzledavey36

Rockliff is 1 of 2 players I'd seriously consider trading pick 2 for at this stage, the other being Swallow.

I think it's too much for Sloane.

I'm biased though, cos I am a big fan of Aish and what I think he'll become.

As for Rockliff, I think he actually makes a lot of sense.

From Victoria, girlfriend is from Victoria (they are more often than not the driving force behind wanting to go home), the rumours of Rockliff being unhappy and wanting out, Alastair Lynch is a big fan of Rocky & close mates with Roos, is a fierce competitor and someone who lives for footy, Jade Rawlings & Mitch Clark have existing relationships with him, we'd have the cap space to pay him well, we have the pieces to trade for him...

A lot of things make sense there, except for why the Lions would let him go.

Tough for them if he wants to go home though.

Some good info there mate and I agree with you 100%

The only thing I'll add is that Rocky is contracted until 2014 and the Lions don't have to let him go.....

We'd have to pay overs to get him - and I would be happy to do that for Rockcliff but I don't see it happening sadly

Please let this be true

When people pressed them for a source to this rumour this is what they came out with:

"TRADE Melbourne have came out and said there interested and there have been reports saying Rockliffl doesnt like the clubs direction to success"

I wouldn't get my hopes up at all if I were you, just another page that leeches off forum rumours and things they throw together.

When people pressed them for a source to this rumour this is what they came out with:

"TRADE Melbourne have came out and said there interested and there have been reports saying Rockliffl doesnt like the clubs direction to success"

I wouldn't get my hopes up at all if I were you, just another page that leeches off forum rumours and things they throw together.

LOL

Yeah fair enough, what a joke pf a page.

Hadnt seen it until now, but its clearly just some bloke having a laugh.

LOL

Yeah fair enough, what a joke pf a page.

Hadnt seen it until now, but its clearly just some bloke having a laugh.

If you read the rest of the rumours they have just lifted them from summary articles like the one on the AFL page.

If that info had come from a few journos or something THEN my curiosity would have been piqued, but not by a FB page.

LOL guy that facebook page is a Melbourne supporter who reads a fair bit of demonland and post on here aswell. That is a dead set truth I inbox this person the other day and he told me he was a Melbourne supporter and that I should go and read demonland. I asked what name he post under and im still waiting for a reply.

• Like 1

The rubbish journos have to start somewhere - I bet Barrett had his own 'AFL Draft Rumours' myspace page back in the day.

Edited by Django

MFC offer pick 2 & pick 38.MFC ask for Rockliff and pick 24 from the Lions.I believe the Lions want Boyd and may take this on.

I like the sound of that deal, pretty fair to all parties.

MFC offer pick 2 & pick 38.

MFC ask for Rockliff and pick 24 from the Lions.

I believe the Lions want Boyd and may take this on.

We'd be winning out in that trade.

It's unlikely there would be a picks swap, it's not necessary to get the deal done.

If we wanted Rockliff and they know we would desperately need him - then pick 2 gets the deal done.

Edited by ThreeOneSix

Vice captain at 21.

Tied up til the end of 2014 according to this:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-rockliff-signs-new-lions-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1226116620831

Would have to offer something good for the Lions to want to let him go.

I know it was in print Machiavelli, but did you see the following paragraph.

Mitch Clark was un-contracted in 2012 and was favoured to be picked up by GWS.

A lot the HUN knew.

If he wants to come, Pick 2 is as much as anyone can offer. We could throw in any number of fringe players as a sweetener.

Brisbane are struggling to keep several uncontracted young players at the club, therefore I don’t see why Leppitch would be happy to let Rockliff go while contracted? I would’ve thought that Rockliff and Rich would be untouchable under contract, and leppitch would back himself to turn the club around in 12 months so Rockliff resigns. But hey, I guess if he really wants to go, might be better to get the good compensation on offer now before he walks and forces them to take what is the best offer next year.