Barrett...again...really?

Ted Lasso

So, you think that being successful in a plea for further assistance will be a show of strength...

Okay, let me ask you this: has the appointment of Paul Roos influenced your thinking on this at all?

Why should it? It hasn't changed Peter Jackson's - and we are two peas in a pod...

I am still waiting on the hag from the rage, to write up a feel good story on the dees securing a new coach. She had plenty of time to sink her slippers in at every chance that was on offer. When hell freezes over I will look forward on her arcticle congratulating all involved for turning the club around.

As for [censored] barrett, the sticking point is we have failed in developing our top draft picks. Wasted talent, or unable to develop players.

We did take advantage of a poor season to make the best of our position to ensure we had the best pick available. Because of an off the cuff remark. circumstantial evidence, it came back to bite us, we paid the penalty.

What he didnt provide his readers, is we cant win a game to save ourselves therefore require help improving the playing list. There is no point banging on what happned in the past, its gone, been delt with. Look at the facts on face value on how we went this season. Then put an arguement up that we are'nt performing poorly, and our list needs immediate improvement. And morons like him dont help trying to encourage supporters to sign up, they read his crap it only undermines what the clubs needs to improve, thats to get more paid up members, that brings in more revenue, then that lessens the need for more finacial help from outside. slagging or bringing down a struggling club seems to be the way some like to believe it makes to sell papers, or make a name for themselves. If we have more $$ we can recruit better players from other clubs, then dont need to rely on picks.

He and Caro and a handful of others skip the deep down issues and take cheap shots. They are just the lowfile of journalism. usually there are 2 sides to a story. Scanderless scum reporting at its best.

There is only 1 criteria that should be taken into account for a priority pick and that is our performance over the last 7 years. We have already been punished ( scapegoated) for the tanking issue. Nowhere in the decision did it say the penalty was to be ongoing. Penalising us by taking away something we are clearly entitled to. All these opinions from people who clearly have an agenda. Gee I wish they had been this outspoken as to why we were the only ones investigated for tanking

• Like 3

You would think the elephants have left the room by now. We've been punished already for past indiscretions. This is a decision for the here and now and for the future.

It's irrelevant what club's involved; be it us, Carlton or Hawthorn. There's no need for the club to be punished for bad recruiting in 2003, 2006 or 2009. The AFL has laws about assistance and our application's dated 2013.

Yes the poor recruiting issue is irrelevant, its not as though you do it on purpose, plenty of clubs have stuffed up draft picks!

Since 2007 we have had picks 1, 1 (PP), 2, 3, 4, 4 (CP), 11, 12, 12, 13 (CP), 14, 17 (PP) & 18 inside the 1st round.

Since 2007 we have finished 14, 16, 16, 12, 13, 16 & 17.

Which part of the statement that we have been stockpiling high draft picks, Priority Picks and compensation picks for years and we have gotten worse is ignorant [censored]?

Clearly, whether by default or otherwise, we have stockpiled high draft picks. Clearly, we have gotten worse. They are the facts.

I do not understand the Hawthorn comparisons. Hawthorn utilised Priority Picks to their advantage. Melbourne have not, on the contrary, the club’s belief that high draft picks were the magic solution to on-field success crippled the club.

I do not doubt that on form alone, if anyone deserves a Priority Pick, we do. I am simply opening it up to consideration that pursuing another Priority Pick may be counter-productive to MFC’s pursuit of a winning culture, as that has certainly been our experience in the last 6 years.

No, not correct. The people running the club at the time crippled the club, they were totally incompetent. Hawthorn and Collingwood used their picks to advantage because they were a well run club. Opposition clubs can now see our club being well run and see an advantage to us in getting a priority pick, in the past it didn't matter because they knew we would screw it up.

Be in no doubt about this, the other clubs prattling on is totally about their self interest and this is why we have a commission. A priority pick now would be a big benefit to turn this club around and in our own self interest. I want it, I don't give a flying...about what happened in the past or what other clubs think.

While we're on self interest. I want the best draw, at least 10 Friday night games, no more twilight games, the Anzac day game, the first game of the season, little to no interstate travel, no more games at Geelong, training facilities at the MCG, kick the interlopers off the 'G' and no more games for us at docklands.

• Like 2

Did we pick poorly or did we destroy them with our blind faith in high draft picks?

And no, listing the picks we got without acknowledging whether or not any were compensation picks would be misleading. I simply listed the draft picks we have received each year, specifically acknowledging any PPs or CPs.

Who has "blind faith in high draft picks"? Maybe you?

We wasted them with poor selection and poor development.

That is not relevant now.

The entire footy department has been replaced since.

It's not about whingeing about what we've done in the past.

It's where we are now, and what assistance is fair to get us competitive again.

I dare say, some posters has been totally sucked in by blowhards like Barrett and other clubs.

I'm a little embarrassed for them, that they are so feeble-minded.

• Like 1

I am not sure of the timing but I leave that to PJ, but I would get in the media about having a truly fair competition.

All the inequities of the competition need to be pointed out and that we will be seeking those remedied, if there is no early PP for us, given the AFL having the provision to award one.

I have raised the matters before but they all contribute to the inequality and unfairness of the competition.

Things like fixturing ( friday night games ) MCG games, skilled stadium games, interstate games etc, 3rd party deals.etc, etc, tanking investigations on other clubs that got PP's, funds to North, cats, Bombers , Pies for devlopment grants for stadiums and training centres.

All of these things and more, affect our ability to compete equally.

If the other clubs want to [censored] and moan about a PP, lets get it all out there in the open and see if that opens up a few cans of worms.

• Like 6

Why list the picks we've had & at what number?

In isolation they'll always suit your argument and look impressive.

Why not simply list the picks we've received over and above what every single other club has received?

Because that amounts to 2 picks, and then one of them being later transposed into 2 later picks.

Doesn't suit your argument though?

I think you've been torpedoed...

• Like 1

I am still waiting on the hag from the rage, to write up a feel good story on the dees securing a new coach. She had plenty of time to sink her slippers in at every chance that was on offer. When hell freezes over I will look forward on her arcticle congratulating all involved for turning the club around.

As for [censored] barrett, the sticking point is we have failed in developing our top draft picks. Wasted talent, or unable to develop players.

We did take advantage of a poor season to make the best of our position to ensure we had the best pick available. Because of an off the cuff remark. circumstancial evidence, it came back to bite us, we paid the penalty.

What he didnt provide his readers, is we cant win a game to save ourselves therefore require help improving the playing list. There is no point banging on what happned in the past, its gone, been delt with. Look at the facts on face value on how we went this season. Then put an arguement up that we are'nt performing poorly, and our list needs immediate improvement. And morons like him dont help trying to encourage supporters to sign up, they read his crap it only undermines what the clubs needs to improve, thats to get more paid up members, that brings in more revenue, then that lessens the need for more finacial help from outside. slagging or bringing down a struggling club seems to be the way some like to believe it makes to sell papers, or make a name for themselves. If we have more $$ we can recruit better players from other clubs, then dont need to rely on picks.

He and Caro and a handful of others skip the deep down issues and take cheap shots. They are just the lowfile of journalism. usually there are 2 sides to a story. Scanderless scum reporting at its best.

Can't recall anyone in the media who is more annoying than this grub and it's not just his smug ugly face.

Along with Wilson they love denigrating our club as you rightly suggest.

Yes the poor recruiting issue is irrelevant, its not as though you do it on purpose, plenty of clubs have stuffed up draft picks!

It's more than irrelevant. They're complaining that we've had picks in the past and stuffed them up. But their fear is that this time we might actually get it right! I'm sure PJ will point out the contradiction, not to mention the hypocrisy.

And if we do get a PP and move up the ladder next year - well, isn't that the whole idea of a PP in the first place???

Sounds like we won't get ND#1 as a PP, if Demetriou's said that GWS can look forward to Tom Boyd - he doesn't usually say things like that by accident. If we do get a PP it will have to be modified in some way - either immediately after our first round pick (so ND#3), or mid-first round or end of first round.

But I totally agree with Dr Gonzo - if they don't give it, no whinging. We put our case objectively and leave it at that.

• Like 2

Who has "blind faith in high draft picks"? Maybe you?

We wasted them with poor selection and poor development.

That is not relevant now.

The entire footy department has been replaced since.

It's not about whingeing about what we've done in the past.

It's where we are now, and what assistance is fair to get us competitive again.

I dare say, some posters has been totally sucked in by blowhards like Barrett and other clubs.

I'm a little embarrassed for them, that they are so feeble-minded.

Why do you respond to posts with personal insults? The purpose of this forum to discuss different views.

I am not sure of the timing but I leave that to PJ, but I would get in the media about having a truly fair competition.

All the inequities of the competition need to be pointed out and that we will be seeking those remedied, if there is no early PP for us, given the AFL having the provision to award one.

I have raised the matters before but they all contribute to the inequality and unfairness of the competition.

Things like fixturing ( friday night games ) MCG games, skilled stadium games, interstate games etc, 3rd party deals.etc, etc, tanking investigations on other clubs that got PP's, funds to North, cats, Bombers , Pies for devlopment grants for stadiums and training centres.

All of these things and more, affect our ability to compete equally.

If the other clubs want to [censored] and moan about a PP, lets get it all out there in the open and see if that opens up a few cans of worms.

I don't disagree with that - but I doubt you'll see it any time soon considering we are now on the AFL drip-feed for the time being anyway. That's the problem with selling your soul to the devil AFL.

Why should it? It hasn't changed Peter Jackson's - and we are two peas in a pod...

Because a coach of his standing and reputation for bringing the best out of players surely affects the equation in terms of the degree of need. As far as good starts go, he's as good as it gets. I'm not saying it cancels out the need altogether, I just wondered if you gave it any thought. Apparently not.

You keep citing PJ's request, as a newly introduced CEO, as some kind of a lay down misere for the club deserving a PP. PJ's job is to make this club better. With the case for a PP based on performance, he would be almost remiss in his duties to not at least put forward the request. That does not automatically mean that the arguments against have no merit, or supporters who have reservations about it are "foolhardy". If you put so much emphasis on what PJ has stated, then he himself acknowledges publicly that the elephant in the room clouds the issue.

I'm not sure how you two are "peas in a pod" either, btw.

• Like 1

If the AFLcommission decide not to award us a priority pick then I will stop paying taxes.

When the ATO come after me I will use the AFL as the precedent - "for many years I have paid taxes to successive Governments and they have just [censored] my dollars up against the wall. Therefore I am drawing the line in the sand and saying that this Government must stand on it own two feet and will no longer get handouts in the form of tax dollars from me"

• Like 2

You know what.... I couldn't careless, whether we get a PP....

Normally id be saying, we need it... I wont it..... blah blah blah....Now... I couldn't be bothered demand our rightful picks or fighting the relentless media attacks anymore.... Who cares what they think.. As soon as they can, their going to smash us again anyway.... Stuff them... The more we focus on what they are saying.... The more garbage they are going to write....

• Like 1

While we're on self interest. I want the best draw, at least 10 Friday night games, no more twilight games, the Anzac day game, the first game of the season, little to no interstate travel, no more games at Geelong, training facilities at the MCG, kick the interlopers off the 'G' and no more games for us at docklands.

I fully agree with all of the above. When we were a powerful club in the 1950s and 1960s we were the MCCFC, based at the "G" and all other teams had to play on their own grounds (such as victoria Park). The league owes us heaps for progressively undermining our competitive strengths and a PP is the least they could do to make amends!

Edited by CBDees
  • Like 1

If the AFLcommission decide not to award us a priority pick then I will stop paying taxes.

When the ATO come after me I will use the AFL as the precedent - "for many years I have paid taxes to successive Governments and they have just [censored] my dollars up against the wall. Therefore I am drawing the line in the sand and saying that this Government must stand on it own two feet and will no longer get handouts in the form of tax dollars from me"

LOL I like the way you think. PM me when it works out. Otherwise I'll see you in jail :)

And they gave us Cameron Pederson, that's a crime in itself

North are probably saying the same about us giving them Gysberts.

• Like 1