Trading pick 1 & 3

Wolfmother

Highly doubt they will give 2 shits what the other clubs think mate, if they get us right they will make more money, that's all they will be concerned with, right now we are a liability, PP1 has the power and potential to change that, should make us far more competitive next year.

I tend to agree, and in terms of equalisation, I don't think the other clubs could argue that we need the PP (regardless of how we find ourselves in this position) I think a lot of clubs were moaning at the start / middle of the season, don't think that they have said a lot recently.

Besides.... if it was the difference between us getting it or GWS getting yet another pick to go with all their other 1st round picks, I dont' think there would be too many clubs arguing.

Highly doubt they will give 2 shits what the other clubs think mate, if they get us right they will make more money, that's all they will be concerned with, right now we are a liability, PP1 has the power and potential to change that, should make us far more competitive next year.

If there's a way they can help us while minimising the upset to the other clubs then they'll do it.

If there's a way they can help us while minimising the upset to the other clubs then they'll do it.

The other clubs will be upset with anything we get, Brayshaw is upset about us getting Roos. I don't get why people on here seem concerned with the feelings of the other clubs. Time for us to be ruthless as President Bartlett says.

• Like 2

The other clubs will be upset with anything we get, Brayshaw is upset about us getting Roos. I don't get why people on here seem concerned with the feelings of the other clubs. Time for us to be ruthless as President Bartlett says.

Exactly. Bring on the hate, I say. Would you prefer hate or pity? Couldn't give a toss what other clubs think.

I think we will definitely be given a PP. The AFL have been getting the public used to the idea for the second half of the season so that there wont be the sort of uproar that people on are predicting. Gillon McLachlan came out and said we had a pretty strong case for a PP in June - those sorts of comments are designed to ease the football community into accepting the fact that we deserve and will be receiving a PP.

It's not about us. It's the AFL trying to engineering an resuscitation package for MFC that's broadly acceptable to the other clubs.

It's not in anyone's interest in the AFL to have a perpetual lame duck uncompetitive basket case. It's ruins the integrity of the competition and destroys the financial benefits accruing to home sides from playing MFC.

We can play ruthless and other games when we can financially and operationally stand on our own feet and be competitive.

The last thing this club needs to do is unnecessary stir up resentment from other clubs. God knows we been a lead weight to the competition with our performances and our inept involvements in tanking and danking.

Edited by Rhino Richards
  • Like 3

It's not about us. It's the AFL trying to engineering an resuscitation package for MFC that's broadly acceptable to the other clubs.

It's not in anyone's interest in the AFL to have a perpetual lame duck uncompetitive basket case. It's ruins the integrity of the competition and destroys the financial benefits accruing to home sides from playing MFC.

We can play ruthless and other games when we can financially and operationally stand on our own feet and be competitive.

The last thing this club needs to do is unnecessary stir up resentment from other clubs. God knows we been a lead weight to the competition with our performances and our inept involvements in tanking and danking.

'Rhino', it's not our decision I know that but we are pretty certain to get a PP in the top 2. Even if we picked up one at the end of the second round there would be other clubs complaining as they are now about Roos. I wouldn't be overly concerned, ruthless is a term used by our president just a throw away line by me in this case. I think some of our supporters need to harden up a bit.

However when it comes to the draft and trade period I think we do need to be ruthless in our dealing and if we don't get what we want be prepared for a player to drop to us in the PSD. We can't afford to be "nice guys".

I think we are going to get draft assistance but the AFL care, far more than they should, on perception with decisions like these.

I don't care about what the other clubs say but you can be assured that the AFL wants to be able to frame this well in the media.

• Like 3

It's not that I'M concerned with what other clubs think, I'm saying the AFL will have to play the diplomat/mediator role as they do in all things. Do you not understand this?

It's not that I'M concerned with what other clubs think, I'm saying the AFL will have to play the diplomat/mediator role as they do in all things. Do you not understand this?

Perfectly, I just don't think it's as big an issue with the other clubs that you and others do. Yes they will make some noise but they will about anything, it's why a commission was put in place. I would expect the commission to do it's job.

Perfectly, I just don't think it's as big an issue with the other clubs that you and others do. Yes they will make some noise but they will about anything, it's why a commission was put in place. I would expect the commission to do it's job.

Especially if we trade boyd, i think the clubs would have resigned themselves to either another pick 1 goes to GWS or it goes to us to sort us out, if it goes to us there is probably a better chance we trade if for a mid as we desperately need them, GWS it's more of a bonus

Stir up resentment? The other club's despise us, the football public either hate us or pity us, so I don't think bit of resentment is going to cause us any lost sleep.

Essendon were going to do this and that to the AFL over the drug scandal but in the end bent over and coped it, like we did in the non tanking saga; they are in charge and don't care about the petty gripes of Brayshaw and the like. If the AFL can make more money by giving us a priority pick, they will and they won't ask the other clubs if it's ok, they'll tell them.

Will we get one, I don't now, but it won't get down to whether the decision is popular or not.

although the content of the thread is good

why make a thread about getting a priority pick when we dont know if we are getting one?

id say we have about a 30% chance of getting one

• Like 2

The thread wasnt about the priority pick more roos saying he would trade 1 or 3 (subject to us getting them) for a ready made midfielder)

A few have scoffed at Cochin and jack which I agree with but why not have a shot... Judd left when he was captain

Who would of thought we would of got Clark not me

Who would of thought we would of got roos...not in a millions years

So why not try pry loose a superstar especially as we have the psd in our favour

If somehow miraculously we end up with pick 1 we'd be trading for a mid from a club desperate for a key forward (Boyd).

Dangerfield. O'Meara and Murphy are going to be off-limits

Sloane, Swallow, Rich, Gibbs or Steven probably don't cut it.

It would have to be Rockliff or Fyfe.

If somehow miraculously we end up with pick 1 we'd be trading for a mid from a club desperate for a key forward (Boyd).

Dangerfield. O'Meara and Murphy are going to be off-limits

Sloane, Swallow, Rich, Gibbs or Steven probably don't cut it.

It would have to be Rockliff or Fyfe.

I don't think clubs will give up stars for pick 1. If you believe GWS nobody would trade good players to them in the mini-draft.

Much more likely would be pick 1 for a mid range mid (say Reddan) and a first or second rounder. I think that's a much more likely scenario.

If we get a PP can you imagine the bit%hen and moaning the other clubs are going to make - When you consider how NM is already sooking that by AFL financial support we're paying for Roos.

Suck s\%t Roos, we got Roos (I hope)....

I don't think clubs will give up stars for pick 1. If you believe GWS nobody would trade good players to them in the mini-draft.

Much more likely would be pick 1 for a mid range mid (say Reddan) and a first or second rounder. I think that's a much more likely scenario.

I think that mini-draft market was distorted because picks could be offered - that should not have been allowed. GWS couldn't actually use the mini-draft pick themselves but they could use the traded picks.

In addition the mini-draft targets were a year off and possibly less definite. Here we're talking specifically about Boyd, available to play in 2014. And MFC can just opt to take him.

It's going to take a desperate club - Pavlich and Brown are in their twilight and there's daylight 2nd on those lists, they need to act before the sun goes down - how's that for a mixed metaphor?

• Like 1