Melbourne to be investigated re supplements

My wife takes peptides. I just read it on the side of the bottle of her face cream.

She is married to a passionate Melbourne supporter (me).

Surely, on the basis of recent AFL investigations/witch hunts into the MFC, that'd be enough for the AFL to implicate the club and fine us, say, $1m.

So, sorry fellas - I think we're stuffed on this one. It's my fault. It's unacceptable. And it's unbecoming.

God bless all of us ...

I think you are 99% in the clear RB!

Not necessarily RR if there is one player involved and the DH doc says yes I gave him aod then it is all over for Trengove.

IMO the only reason that Bomber players have not been charged is there is no evidence of who got what and when because there are 30+ players involved

Unless Dr D fesses up how do you charge someone.

Here is my worst nightmare.

Trengove gets suspended and then sues the MFC for no duty of care.

Hell I would!

You have just argued my point.... The AFL could go soft but if Trengove is proven to have had a banned substance then ASADA could go in hard.

And if Trengove is ASADA stamped guilty then your nightmare is not the worst outcome.

Add Workcover and the AFLPA to the list as well. It could get damn damn messy and protracted.

And I could not blame Trengove one iota.....we have treated him poorly at MFC.

Not a surprise. Hopefully our Dank infection is minimal in terms of officials and players which it seems to be.

I cannot see how any athlete who has used AOD90210 won't get an ASADA infraction notice. ASADA have reiterated that they have never issued any approvals and it is clearly banned under the WADA code as it has not been approved for use in Australia by the Therapuetic Goods Administration.

Whether use in cream context as per Trengove is a violation I don't know. There were other Melbourne players mentioned in the reports earlier in the year in relation to injections. Who knows what any injection organised by Dank contained?

You have just argued my point.... The AFL could go soft but if Trengove is proven to have had a banned substance then ASADA could go in hard.

And if Trengove is ASADA stamped guilty then your nightmare is not the worst outcome.

Add Workcover and the AFLPA to the list as well. It could get damn damn messy and protracted.

And I could not blame Trengove one iota.....we have treated him poorly at MFC.

I agree RR IMO Trengove may be in a far worse situation than the Essendon players.

Charming way to treat your Captain of all people.

Trengove had the same responsibility to be aware as that which we are prepared to hang Messendon players for.

lest not it be double standards.

• Like 1

I've forgotten what we were supposed to have done. Did Jack Trengove get some cream rubbed on his foot or something?

What they have regarding Melbourne is a single text saying that Trenners should stop by the Pharmacy and pick up the AOD cream. No mention of the number 9640 or whatever it is. Given that a pharmacy isn't going to stock a substance now approved for human use, I think we're safe on that front.

They also have something about players reporting good results from injections and other players wanting to try. Fortunately, Melbourne have never tried the "We lost the paperwork" angle that the bombers have used, and so have comprehensive records of exactly what the players were taking. The AFL have seen those records and know that they have not had anything dodgy.

This whole thing is a non-event and will go away quietly. The only reason there is any talk at all is the Dank was involved.

• Like 10

That was one of the best introductions to a thread! - despite all that that has happened we will always have our humor.

Surely the MFC has had enough time to hide the syringes and delete some txts.

Seriously ever heard of a secret second phone and an alias?....... (Heisenberg for example)

Don't txt someone asking for injections on your own phone and don't use real names!

As for Trengove he would never knowingly use anything illegal (the guy plays puzzles in his free time and from memory protects bears or something...)

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 2

What they have regarding Melbourne is a single text saying that Trenners should stop by the Pharmacy and pick up the AOD cream. No mention of the number 9640 or whatever it is. Given that a pharmacy isn't going to stock a substance now approved for human use, I think we're safe on that front.

They also have something about players reporting good results from injections and other players wanting to try. Fortunately, Melbourne have never tried the "We lost the paperwork" angle that the bombers have used, and so have comprehensive records of exactly what the players were taking. The AFL have seen those records and know that they have not had anything dodgy.

This whole thing is a non-event and will go away quietly. The only reason there is any talk at all is the Dank was involved.

Hope you are right.

Why?

Because no one knows who got what or anything for that matter at the bombers and unless Dank said I gave xyz to abc how can you charge someone.

So far dank has volunteered nothing.

At the MFC the dr has treated one or two players who are known.

Fairly easy to identify the recipient.

If the dr fesses up Trengove is gone

So basically the AFL is going to fine themselves because they will give us the money to pay the fine.

who cares

"The pharmacy" refers to the Como Compounding Pharmacy, here in Melbourne's South Yarra where Dank sourced his supplements.

Strangely AOD9604 in the form of a cream additive ( like many cosmetics ) has USDA approval...go figure

Because no one knows who got what or anything for that matter at the bombers and unless Dank said I gave xyz to abc how can you charge someone.

So far dank has volunteered nothing.

At the MFC the dr has treated one or two players who are known.

Fairly easy to identify the recipient.

If the dr fesses up Trengove is gone

If Wade Lees can get a 2 year ban for purchasing a supplement but not using it because it is intercepted by customs so essentially getting a ban for intent to use then logically it follows that Essendon players who have signed AOD9604 consent forms would not face the same risk of suspension.

Strangely AOD9604 in the form of a cream additive ( like many cosmetics ) has USDA approval...go figure

Makes sense.

External and internal uses are far different.

Ok to use fake tan (if you enjoy looking like an over cooked chicken), probably not ok to eat it.

• Like 1

Is there anywhere where this has been confirmed? I can't find a full video or transcript of Demetriou's press conference and there's no mention of an investigation into Melbourne anywhere.

If Wade Lees can get a 2 year ban for purchasing a supplement but not using it because it is intercepted by customs so essentially getting a ban for intent to use then logically it follows that Essendon players who have signed AOD9604 consent forms would not face the same risk of suspension.

This has been addressed in the Essendon thread. Lees was charged with possession, not with attempted use, so his case is different.

• Like 1

what we take out of this thread ? Robbos a [censored] !!

a nothing investigation

If there was anything of substance related to us it would have come out in the press by now

i agree... Our club leaks like a broken pipe.... Pretty sure we'd know by now.... Think they are just trying to deflect some of the media....

Back over to the punching bag media...

I think you need to look at the following part of the AFL statement in relation to our club as well.

However, the Essendon Football Club today acknowledged it had established a supplements program that was experimental, inappropriate and inadequately vetted and controlled, and that in relation to the program:

1. the Club failed to ensure it adequately protected the health, welfare and safety of the players;
2. there was a risk that Essendon players could have been administered substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code and any such risk is an unacceptable risk;
3. the Essendon FC is unable now to determine whether players were administered some substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code.

As far as we are aware, Melbourne FC did not have a systematic program of supplement use in action.

There is no indication that player welfare has ever been risked.

We have records of exactly what the players were given.

The only question is on point 2. Were any of the items given to the players illegal? The club issued a statement some time ago saying that they have reviewed the medical practices and determined that nothing has been given to the players that they are not allowed to have and that the injections mentioned were vitamin cocktails. Given that they weren't stupid enough to misplace the records of these treatments we should be perfectly safe assuming they are being truthful.