Kent - still lacking polish

Tapscott - was rarely involved

Davey - classy , rarely effectual

Howe - failed to impose

Spencer - probably broke even

M.Jones - was probably playing

Terlich - take first options!!!!

Pretty accurate.

Rodan was killing them with 7 possies and several clearances when he got injured. After he went off we didn't get a clearance.

You left one out:

Umpires - shamefully disgraceful effort.

• Like 1

25 - 11 to the home side. Nothing wrong there, surely. :P

According to the Coach, that was purely down to the lack of discipline of our players...

According to the Coach, that was purely down to the lack of discipline of our players...

Indeed. And here I thought it was down to the umps not paying 2-3 holding the ball/incorrect disposal frees our way and then blowing the whistle on a hair-trigger the second a hint of one came the other. I lost count of the number of times they got a free immediately after there should have been one paid to us (although probably less than 25).

• Like 1

IF it was Collingwood they would be screaming at the AFL, we just cop it every week and i thought last weeks first quarter against the Dockers was putrid and the MFC should make a complaint to the AFL about it, could you imagine Mark Williams copping that on the chin.

• Like 1

Indeed. And here I thought it was down to the umps not paying 2-3 holding the ball/incorrect disposal frees our way and then blowing the whistle on a hair-trigger the second a hint of one came the other. I lost count of the number of times they got a free immediately after there should have been one paid to us (although probably less than 25).

Agree.

IF it was Collingwood they would be screaming at the AFL, we just cop it every week and i thought last weeks first quarter against the Dockers was putrid and the MFC should make a complaint to the AFL about it, could you imagine Mark Williams copping that on the chin.

Agree.

That is a very diplomatic way of saying the umps were pathetic.

70 tackles and we get our first holding the ball late in the last quarter, while we are pinged every time someone touched us, when we had the ball.

I know they didn't cost us the game, but they umpired worse than we passed the ball to each other.

• Like 3

Unfortunately so diplomatic that it will fall on deaf ears.

Sry I can't hear what you are saying?

Blaming umpires for the teams performance is pathetic and left for the uneducated footy fan. the side lost because of ppor team work, lack of trust between players, poor decision making, poor skills, basics of football such as shepherding and talk not being practiced. Thats why we lost. Get over the umpires guys. The side thats first to the footy will always get the free kicks. I would hope anyone on demonland would know enough about footy to realise this. Save the bullsh.t about the umpires for the drunk guy in the stands and for when we are actually good enough that a free kick becomes relevant.

If the game was close and came down to an umpire decision then yeah lets discuss it.

umpires decisions dont stop players doing the basics, having higher skills, running harder for team mates. Thats where this side is at the moment. Going on about umpires is the about the most irrelevant topic in regards the the MFC side of 2013 that i can think of. Geez, this site makes me cringe sometimes.

Edited by Munga

Blaming umpires for the teams performance is pathetic and left for the uneducated footy fan. the side lost because of ppor team work, lack of trust between players, poor decision making, poor skills, basics of football such as shepherding and talk not being practiced. Thats why we lost. Get over the umpires guys. The side thats first to the footy will always get the free kicks. I would hope anyone on demonland would know enough about footy to realise this. Save the bullsh.t about the umpires for the drunk guy in the stands and for when we are actually good enough that a free kick becomes relevant.

If the game was close and came down to an umpire decision then yeah lets discuss it.

umpires decisions dont stop players doing the basics, having higher skills, running harder for team mates. Thats where this side is at the moment. Going on about umpires is the about the most irrelevant topic in regards the the MFC side of 2013 that i can think of. Geez, this site makes me cringe sometimes.

Let the posters vent some steam - thats really the only thing we have left to do. If we were a good side I would agree with you but we are not.

No one is suggesting we lost the game because of the umpires. We all know why we lost the game.

Discord between umpires and fans is just part of our game - whether your educated or not.

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

That is a very diplomatic way of saying the umps were pathetic.

70 tackles and we get our first holding the ball late in the last quarter, while we are pinged every time someone touched us, when we had the ball.

I know they didn't cost us the game, but they umpired worse than we passed the ball to each other.

Mind you, part of the problem is that our players are still not strong enough to hold a tackle or strong enough to break them. Our players just don't have the size necessary to play this game.

Mind you, part of the problem is that our players are still not strong enough to hold a tackle or strong enough to break them. Our players just don't have the size necessary to play this game.

I think its 50% a physical problem and 50% a mental one - even against GWS and GC we lose in this area. Jack Watts seems to always be out of reach when it comes to a tackle - as if he deliberately puts distance between him and his tackler. Most of Jack Watts tackles end with no more than a couple fingers on the jumper - arms fully stretched. I think he can do better than half hated attempts - I long to see a bone crunching tackle from Watts.

• Like 1

Spencer - Pathetic Sheperd attempt

Didn't protect Grimes allowing him to get run down

OMG!

Isolating this incident in the bigger picture of no Melbourne player having provided a shepherd virtually over the whole season , is laughable

Edited by joeboy
  • Like 2

OMG!

Isolating this incident in the bigger picture of no Melbourne player having provided a shepherd virtually over the whole season , is laughable

Yes and no. It's these little things and others like manning the mark properly that will instantly make us a better side. We were out played by Adelaide for most of the game on Saturday but at one stage in the last quarter it was 51 to 74 before we did our customary complete give up. Fix all the little things and we may well have been right in the game in the last quarter and who knows what might have happened after that.

It's a huge problem in this team that they aren't only poorly skilled or under manned they are also completely ill disciplined and dumb. Spencer will be a half decent back up ruck if he only improved some little things regardless of whether he ever learns to mark or kick. And he's one of the guys who actually tries most weeks for some parts of games.

It's my opinion that Spencer will grow into an excellent first ruck in 3 to 4 years.

It's also my opinion that she shows a lot more endeavour than 95% of our list, and calling his effort into question for one shepherd is a bit unfair. He gives 100%, and runs harder than most of our midfielders who are half his height and a quarter his weight.

Spencer will be a half decent back up ruck

Blaming umpires for the teams performance is pathetic and left for the uneducated footy fan. the side lost because ...

You obviously can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Recognising that we're crap and that we would have lost anyway doesn't make the claims that the umpires were embarrassingly inept illegitimate.

• Like 3