Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I would love to have read all that but I ran out of wine!

Sounds like a magnificent conspiracy theory and the basis for a B Grade movie starring Mel Gibson as a crazed paranoid cab driver who stumbles upon the story and spends the next 90 minutes on the run from bad people. There are some facts there, lots of speculation, some adding of two and two together to get 4.5 and it might draw someone's blood but it's a sideshow to the main issue at hand which is to determine the guilt or innocence of 34 players and if they are found to be guilty to run the unsavoury characters involved and responsible out of the sport. If that runs all the way through to the Essendon board on top of Dank, Hird, Reid and the other usual suspects then so be it. If it leads all the way to demonstrate political corruption and greed, good luck. It won't surprise anyone but it also has to be proven and I'm not convinced that it all ties in with Dank and the supplements programme installed at Essendon in 2011/12.

Apart from Jones acting As chairman for the drugs tribunal. Who will be the other members to make up the panel.

Surely they must have a lot of sports doping expertise, and be totally unbiased.

Sounds like a magnificent conspiracy theory and the basis for a B Grade movie starring Mel Gibson as a crazed paranoid cab driver who stumbles upon the story and spends the next 90 minutes on the run from bad people. There are some facts there, lots of speculation, some adding of two and two together to get 4.5 and it might draw someone's blood but it's a sideshow to the main issue at hand which is to determine the guilt or innocence of 34 players and if they are found to be guilty to run the unsavoury characters involved and responsible out of the sport. If that runs all the way through to the Essendon board on top of Dank, Hird, Reid and the other usual suspects then so be it. If it leads all the way to demonstrate political corruption and greed, good luck. It won't surprise anyone but it also has to be proven and I'm not convinced that it all ties in with Dank and the supplements programme installed at Essendon in 2011/12.

Can you clarify what you mean by that last line about not tying in with Danks and the supplements program.

I'm either thick, confused or both.

Apart from Jones acting As chairman for the drugs tribunal. Who will be the other members to make up the panel.

Surely they must have a lot of sports doping expertise, and be totally unbiased.

Having total faith in the A Team that controls the AFL, my guess would be the following:

• Tanya Hird
  • David Evans
  • Doc Reid
  • Mark Thompson
  • Paul Little
  • Parents of the accused Players.

The AFL always appears to operate like a circus when issues such as this arise.

The media keep bringing up about players might only miss a handful of games if it's backdated,

Tippett got suspended for 11 games for the salary cap stuff now if essendon players got half of what tippet got for drug cheating which is far far worse I think the AFL would look very very stupid. Saad got 18 months for a similar crime and he had no idea what he took but once he knew was upfront about it and cooperated, so even if they get less than 18 months saad should feel cheated, man I can't wait for this to end

• Like 1

The media keep bringing up about players might only miss a handful of games if it's backdated,

Tippett got suspended for 11 games for the salary cap stuff now if essendon players got half of what tippet got for drug cheating which is far far worse I think the AFL would look very very stupid. Saad got 18 months for a similar crime and he had no idea what he took but once he knew was upfront about it and cooperated, so even if they get less than 18 months saad should feel cheated, man I can't wait for this to end

AFL arithmetic: There are 34 players so divide Saad's penalty by 34, but to be fair multiply by 2 for non-cooperation, so that's around 4 weeks ban.

• Like 2

Its not the Media per se ...only the Fanboy lobby group that keep pushing that out.

My prediction. 12mnths backdated to first issuing of scn...at best

My prediction. 12mnths backdated to first issuing of scn...at best

Why should it be backdated to July, or whenever Ess started the court appeal, when the SCN were first issued? They didn't miss any games then, Their opposition didn't get awarded the 4 points for games from then on and so on and so on.

This isn't having a go at you BB, because this backdated talk has been pedalled by many 'experts' also, but why should the club, or players, get a benefit from this backdating?

• Like 1

Why should it be backdated to July, or whenever Ess started the court appeal, when the SCN were first issued? They didn't miss any games then, Their opposition didn't get awarded the 4 points for games from then on and so on and so on.

This isn't having a go at you BB, because this backdated talk has been pedalled by many 'experts' also, but why should the club, or players, get a benefit from this backdating?

This always leaves me scratching my head.

I could understand it if they were stood down from playing while the process was taking place but they have freely played and more than likely with an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

This always leaves me scratching my head.

I could understand it if they were stood down from playing while the process was taking place but they have freely played and more than likely with an unfair advantage.

This would never get past WADA. Their intransigence has condemned them even if the AFL wants a way out.

• Like 1

Can you clarify what you mean by that last line about not tying in with Danks and the supplements program.

I'm either thick, confused or both.

I'm referring to the material covered in the lengthy quote from Demoneyes' post of yesterday at 07:10 PM containing a convoluted story of conspiracy surrounding events involving a number of the parties involved in this saga connecting events with political and financial conspiracies.

18 months ago I said they would get hit with a wet tram ticket.

In the interim I have seen nothing to suggest it will be anymore.

My prediction !

Suspended from Jan 1st to March 31st 2015

• Like 1

None taken

Simply see it as a 2 year penalty with a possible 1 year mitigation for the fiction that they knew not what they took. This either imposed, as it should be, from the tribunal or as the AFL might try to wangle backdated to original issue.

I see no further discount for any co-operation as there wasnt any.

Id actually prefer the full two years from xmas....ho ho ho

My prediction !

Assuming guilt is proven and I see that as a likely outcome, the Tribunal is unlikely to impose such a laughable penalty because it would automatically result in an appeal by ASADA or WADA to CAS where the result would probably be an 18 month suspension for the players. Even a 6 month penalty or one that keeps the players out for ½ a season would, in all likelihood give rise to an appeal. An AFL Tribunal that wants to be lenient to the players would have to be mindful of this.

• Like 3

Would anybody trust anything decided by any AFL Tribunal given the history of the other AFL Tribunal that hands out match-day penalties. If that mob were in charge, the players would get anywhere between a pat on the back to a 5 years ban for identical violations.

At least this one is not made up of ex-players and hangers-on so there is some hope.

• Like 1

Would anybody trust anything decided by any AFL Tribunal given the history of the other AFL Tribunal that hands out match-day penalties. If that mob were in charge, the players would get anywhere between a pat on the back to a 5 years ban for identical violations.

At least this one is not made up of ex-players and hangers-on so there is some hope.

Contact to the body

Low Impact

Negligent

2 week ban...

Yes. Because the AFL is carefully under the watch of ASADA/WADA in this investigation I doubt this will fulfil some of the over concern here.

However given the rather generous concessions given to the NRL it would not surprise me if a concession on the 2 years is given her with ASADAs tacit approval.

And if you have an issue with that it's an ASADA issue.

My prediction !

Or a wet lettuce leaf OD. Essendon are a power club with huge support. Their continuence means dollars and the AFL will protect its dollars - forget integrity! The AFL wants this over and done with. Dumbetriou tried to engineer this from the start but it was beyond him.

• Like 1

Assuming guilt is proven and I see that as a likely outcome, the Tribunal is unlikely to impose such a laughable penalty because it would automatically result in an appeal by ASADA or WADA to CAS where the result would probably be an 18 month suspension for the players. Even a 6 month penalty or one that keeps the players out for ½ a season would, in all likelihood give rise to an appeal. An AFL Tribunal that wants to be lenient to the players would have to be mindful of this.

Love to be wrong WJ.

But I will stay with prediction.

Or a wet lettuce leaf OD. Essendon are a power club with huge support. Their continuence means dollars and the AFL will protect its dollars - forget integrity! The AFL wants this over and done with. Dumbetriou tried to engineer this from the start but it was beyond him.

You know Bitters man, we were the archtype "Power Club" for a generation or two or even three!!

The amount of support for this club "Essendon" is palpable!!!

Sheeit it could be argued that in spite of our own demise of poor decision making regarding administration, player recruitment, bad luck and the X Factor that we haven't had the same "Brevity" of support Essendon have had throughout the whole process!!

Bottom line...

The Essendon Coach seemingly is the most protected species in the cosmos!! Bar None...

Sheeit I just want to see an even playing field!

I do Concur with your comments!

If transparency and honour are of highest order.

Then by hell the back room boys must be eecking out deals and then some!!

Hard to believe we as former 'Power Club" would be afforded such Privilege!!

Eh?