Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Hahahahaha that's the equivalent of muesli being banned(it doesnt matter why, its banned), dank feeding it to everyone and then trying to get off because he thinks it shouldn't be banned.

Hahahahaha aaahahahahahaha omg aaahahahahahahahahaha

it's actually admitting guilt.

Unbelievable. They know they are gawn.

:)

• Like 2

I know many people here disagree strongly with my approach and think the law is the law and that is it.

Well the law is an ass. Honestly. Peter Jackson last night said that he was unable to write to the vast majority of lapsed members directly and has been forced to put his letter on the website. Why? The letter broke the privacy laws. I mean FM.

Some laws are good, some are bad and some just weren't drafted with certain situations in mind. The players I spoke to last night had real concern for the Essendon players. Not one of them expressed a view they had cheated and should be punished and not one of them said they should have gone further than relying on the coaching and medicial staff's advice that the supplement program was legal.

Those delighting in the situation the Essendon players find themselves should recognize that if Danks had been appointed at MFC they'd be now baying for the blood of our players.

I have read a lot of posts today and i feel sorry for any of the supporters there that have two feet on the ground. Some of them have suggested things along the line of the club might be in trouble. Its not going to be swept under the carpet etc and have been crucified..

I too feel for the supporters. Club officials come and go. Club players come and go but the club supporters sustain the competition.

Through no fault of theirs they face seeing the Club ruined. That will effect many innocent people and have a significant impact on their lives. If MFC vanished it would effect me significantly.

It's why the individuals should be punished. Little, Hird etc etc should be hung drawn and quartered. Not one dot of leniency should be shown. Essendon should face penalties but they should not be such as to make them uncompetitive and without hope in the medium term.

What I found most interesting was these quotes from Dank's lawyer:

Dank’s lawyer, Greg Stanton, said if any charges were eventually laid, his client would challenge ASADA’s jurisdiction and the scientific basis for including peptides such as CJC1295, SARMS and Thymosin Beta-4 on a banned list.

“When and if it ever gets to a properly convened tribunal, there is a fundamental issue as to whether these substances should have ever been banned according to the relevant science in the first place,” Stanton said.

“One of our ultimate goals is, and we are gathering science at this point in time, is to demonstrate that these substances should have never been banned.”

They must be desperate if they think they can get anywhere going down the path of arguing the science.

Even if they could produce the necessary expertise, surely WADA has to work on the assumption that if a 'supplement' is not part of ordinary nutrition and they ban it, it is banned. Even if it turns out after many years of research that the 'supplement' is totally ineffective at improving performance.

One would hope that such a defence is not upon an Advice from Counsel. It's a "vibe" defence but has nothing to do with The Constitution.

• Like 1

I too feel for the supporters. Club officials come and go. Club players come and go but the club supporters sustain the competition.

Through no fault of theirs they face seeing the Club ruined. That will effect many innocent people and have a significant impact on their lives. If MFC vanished it would effect me significantly.

It's why the individuals should be punished. Little, Hird etc etc should be hung drawn and quartered. Not one dot of leniency should be shown. Essendon should face penalties but they should not be such as to make them uncompetitive and without hope in the medium term.

Agree totally.

But sad as it is for the players, it is not a case of the law being an ass. It is the effect on future players and drug cheating which requires them to be penalised. For any of them who entered into it not knowing things were dodgy, I'd hope the penalties would not be severe. Unfortunately there probably is no way of knowing how innocent/naive the individual players were. Some probably were, some may have known they were being naughty. Sadly all must suffer.

Bob...Essendon fukked up

The players fukked up

Their management fukked up

Their FD fukked up

Yoy makinv excuses for it all and dissibg the law for being what it is the legal parameters for all and sundry ti operate under and within makes me think youre pretty fukked up to.

i think the whole mabo thing blows it to the schizenhousen though

At best it's a "Clayton's Defence" and Dank's legal bill shall already be monstrous. I can't see how he can come out of all of this as other than a ruined man.

Hahahahaha that's the equivalent of muesli being banned(it doesnt matter why, its banned), dank feeding it to everyone and then trying to get off because he thinks it shouldn't be banned.

Hahahahaha aaahahahahahaha omg aaahahahahahahahahaha

Its more like Craig Thompson. Deny deny deny. 'I've been set up' etc When it goes to court, he doesn't challenge the credit card charges but rather whether he was authorised or not to use the credit card.

They are boned. Yee ha.

It is the effect on future players and drug cheating which requires them to be penalised.

We should hang murderers, cut off the hands of thief's, cut out the eye's of peeping toms.

Penalties don't stop cheats. Saad has had his AFL career taken away from him because he drank and energy drink.

But we differ and won't convince each other.

I know many people here disagree strongly with my approach and think the law is the law and that is it.

Well the law is an ass. Honestly. Peter Jackson last night said that he was unable to write to the vast majority of lapsed members directly and has been forced to put his letter on the website. Why? The letter broke the privacy laws. I mean FM.

Some laws are good, some are bad and some just weren't drafted with certain situations in mind. The players I spoke to last night had real concern for the Essendon players. Not one of them expressed a view they had cheated and should be punished and not one of them said they should have gone further than relying on the coaching and medicial staff's advice that the supplement program was legal.

Those delighting in the situation the Essendon players find themselves should recognize that if Danks had been appointed at MFC they'd be now baying for the blood of our players.

Ignorance is no excuse. The first rule of law learnt.

The EFC has been disgraceful to its players but you cannot be a blind sheep when the players would know that the project is pushing the boundries.

Doc Reid should have been their ally. He should never work again.

He would have researched.

• Like 2

The Jackson has had bad advice. You are allowed to write to anyone by post. And if you have an email address because they have been a previous client/customer or had some relationship with your organisation then you can write to them by email. You can't write via email to a list that you don't have a direct connection to.

You must have an unsubscribe and those people you cannot email.

• Like 2

The Jackson has had bad advice. You are allowed to write to anyone by post. And if you have an email address because they have been a previous client/customer or had some relationship with your organisation then you can write to them by email. You can't write via email to a list that you don't have a direct connection to.

You must have an unsubscribe and those people you cannot email.

yes, i wondered about that too

anyone here more familiar with the new laws?

I have sympathy for the players and I am glad I dont know any one related to them.

I personally know many Essendon supporters who have revelled in MFC's mis-fortunes and mishandlings.

One in particular is a good friend of Rohan Connolly and the two of them have been laughing their heads off at how bad we are going at soccer practice for kids.

Rohan, of course is the smiling guru who cant be on live TV because he gets stage fright so he has to tape everything. Bad for his ticker, he says.

I hope Essendon fold. Schadenfreude.

• Like 1

We can only hope this saga drags on indefinitely. Why have a resolution when we can take the Paul Keating approach in regards to these pracks.

Lets ensure they are indeed done slowly

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 2

If laws are bad you work to have them amended or repealed in the meantime however its beholding to those that wish to work or play in a particular line of endeavour to work to them.

The is NO excuse...for anyone.

Dank and all deserve all thats coming to them.

BB has said he knows one of the Bombers player's family and has heard of the distress this saga has caused them all. I was thinking of that and I just can't help but feel utter disgust for the behaviour of the club Doctor during and after this saga.

Additionally the fact that he is back there, is a disgusting reflection on this club's administration.

Imagine being a player involved and having as your club Doctor, a bloke, who let you be injected regularly in the stomach, with substances that may be harmful and illegal. You would feel like dropping him.

I think this is too harsh on Dr Reid who did write and put his reservations regarding the dangers (both biochemical and potentially legal) on paper

It seems the more progressive thinkers decided he is just an old fuddy-duddy who could be ignored but for PR purposes needed to be kept as the identifiable ( if not the real) head of medical services.

If this is correct the surprising thing is that he did not resign as the extent of his sidelining has become apparent

If Reid was serious in his concerns a nd contemptible of the course that the EFC were pursuing then he should have quit the club.

Hes just a paid lacky ...apparently I cant write what I would...hey Jack !!!

I think this is too harsh on Dr Reid who did write and put his reservations regarding the dangers (both biochemical and potentially legal) on paper

It seems the more progressive thinkers decided he is just an old fuddy-duddy who could be ignored but for PR purposes needed to be kept as the identifiable ( if not the real) head of medical services.

If this is correct the surprising thing is that he did not resign as the extent of his sidelining has become apparent

Spare me, he has gotten off without a scratch. If he has such reservations a letter with no response from on high and leaving at that is not enough. If he was so respected and had such a close relationship with Hird (don't Hirds kids and family use Reid as the family Doc?) then i would have expected more of an effort by him. To then walk back into the club and be a doctore to the players I find hypocritical.

• Like 2

Doc Reid is either implicit or incredibly naive. Either way, his position would, in any other club be untenable. But not at the Bummers.

Doc Reid is either implicit or incredibly naive. Either way, his position would, in any other club be untenable. But not at the Bummers.

He'd be gone except for a certain phone call AD made to try to help the Bombers.

• Like 2

He'd be gone except for a certain phone call AD made to try to help the Bombers.

Im almost starting to wonder if the primary reason was simply to give a heads up in the hope whatever the EFC did thereafter would mitigate the fallout and pressure on the League as a whole.

I think even Vlad may have been caught flat flooted and off guard as to the breadth and scurrilousness of the Windy Hillers.

• Like 1