Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

yep...its all "THEIR" fault...even if Essendon may have done a few things wrong...it's everyone else at fault, apparently.

All the while its about procedure not substance

What about the tb4 Little ??

Do you believe it was ever going to be any different ?

So many cases that go to court are not defended on whether or not the accused is guilty of the crime . The defense's main weapon is whether procedure was correctly followed to bring the case to trial in the first place or whether correct procedure was followed to enable a finding to be made.

Do you believe it was ever going to be any different ?

So many cases that go to court are not defended on whether or not the accused is guilty of the crime . The defense's main weapon is whether procedure was correctly followed to bring the case to trial in the first place or whether correct procedure was followed to enable a finding to be made.

I understand this.

Middleton has an obligation to look towards what is in the greater good. He has discretion

I understand this.

Middleton has an obligation to look towards what is in the greater good. He has discretion

does he really have an obligation to look towards what is the greater good?

i'd have thought it more narrow and to just judge based on the current law and his discretion limited to the intention of the law and the weight of any trangression

does he really have an obligation to look towards what is the greater good?

i'd have thought it more narrow and to just judge based on the current law and his discretion limited to the intention of the law and the weight of any trangression

In a judgement he made against Centro he took the view

"Middleton has concluded that being honest in error is no protection against failure in diligence. In the end, Centro's directors are to be held accountable for what they did not know but should have."

Having been with Sir Ninian Stephen I would think that Middleton would be familiar with the bigger picture side of things.

I may of course be totally wrong

• Like 2

In a judgement he made against Centro he took the view

"Middleton has concluded that being honest in error is no protection against failure in diligence. In the end, Centro's directors are to be held accountable for what they did not know but should have."

Having been with Sir Ninian Stephen I would think that Middleton would be familiar with the bigger picture side of things.

I may of course be totally wrong

No surely not!

Apparently not everyone is on the same bus:

Paul Little denies knowledge of Essendon players' legal action, seeks circuit-breaker

""But as Little voiced his wish on 3AW on Thursday morning, he was also faced with a report that seven players were considering suing the Bombers. Little was asked by Neil Mitchell on his morning show if he was aware that players ‘‘had taken legal advice on the possibility of suing the club for mental and possibly physical distress in the future’’.""

Think id be getting away from the dam pretty quick !!!

Poor Paul...he's tired of it, just wants it to go away Essendon chairman Paul Little says he wants to work with the AFL and the Federal Government to make the supplements scandal ‘‘go away’’.

Out damn spot, out !!!! :rolleyes:

Yet another appalling article from Yobbo. Honestly is the editorial staff (who are the ones to blame for allowing such tripe to be printed) for real. So much wrong with it, its hard to know where to start - but three bits particularly stand out on the what the? scale

First he says that 'ASADA called Hird to testify, remember. Surely, when he’s in the Federal Court, and when he’s being asked questions under oath, he must tell the truth as he knows it.'

What the?

Hird chose to involve himself in this case when there was no need to in order so he could bag the AFL and ASADA. And further his answers to ASADA's queries were unnecessarily expansive and gave detail not directly asked for (most of which was completely irrelevant)

Second

Am i going crazy or did i really read this beauty:

'The media commentary, in itself, has been fascinating, involving the Herald Sun, The Age and The Australian .......

Some explore all sides, which include the drugs and the processes. Others explore the strongest tree on which to string up Hird and, at the same time, find a lettuce to slap the AFL and ASADA. This week, one even praised McLachlan for his deal-making, which forced a hurried check to see whether McLachlan’s byline was on the story.'
What the?
I can only assume he thinks he is one of the reporters exploring all sides. Is he crazy? And he has the cheek to write that he needed to check one story to see whether McLachlan’s byline was on the story? After writing article after article that could have been written for him by Hird's spin doctors. Yobbo are you for real? He might have also noted that a whole bunch of other reporters have won prestigious prizes for their coverage of the supplements saga and he has won zilch.

Third, and this isn't so bad i guess but where was the editor: 'As much as the players put faith in Essendon and its staff, we all put faith in the AFL to govern with good grace'.

What the?

Govern with good grace. What the hey matta hey does that even mean. Yeah Yoobo, AD and McLachlan need to be much more civilized in their governance.

Its like a car crash. I can't stop reading his drivel. But i have to stop. Now. He is making me dumber.

• Like 2

No surely not!

I know; can hardly believe that myself though my wife assures me I should be open to such a notion !! ^_^

Apparently not everyone is on the same bus:

Paul Little denies knowledge of Essendon players' legal action, seeks circuit-breaker

""But as Little voiced his wish on 3AW on Thursday morning, he was also faced with a report that seven players were considering suing the Bombers. Little was asked by Neil Mitchell on his morning show if he was aware that players ‘‘had taken legal advice on the possibility of suing the club for mental and possibly physical distress in the future’’.""

Think id be getting away from the dam pretty quick !!!

Poor Paul...he's tired of it, just wants it to go away Essendon chairman Paul Little says he wants to work with the AFL and the Federal Government to make the supplements scandal ‘‘go away’’.

Out damn spot, out !!!! :rolleyes:

He has just finished a court case the chief result of which was that he spend three days bashing both about the head and he wants to move on to a nice cosy relationship not 24 hours later.

Mr. Little are you not aware you have been pulling the Tigers tail for months.

The tiger has very big sharp teeth it may not happen for a while but be ready when the tiger bits back.

• Like 1

Yet another appalling article from Yobbo. Honestly is the editorial staff (who are the ones to blame for allowing such tripe to be printed) for real. So much wrong with it, its hard to know where to start - but three bits particularly stand out on the what the? scale

First he says that 'ASADA called Hird to testify, remember. Surely, when he’s in the Federal Court, and when he’s being asked questions under oath, he must tell the truth as he knows it.'

What the?

Hird chose to involve himself in this case when there was no need to in order so he could bag the AFL and ASADA. And further his answers to ASADA's queries were unnecessarily expansive and gave detail not directly asked for (most of which was completely irrelevant)

Second

'The media commentary, in itself, has been fascinating, involving the Herald Sun, The Age and The Australian .......

Some explore all sides, which include the drugs and the processes. Others explore the strongest tree on which to string up Hird and, at the same time, find a lettuce to slap the AFL and ASADA. This week, one even praised McLachlan for his deal-making, which forced a hurried check to see whether McLachlan’s byline was on the story.'
What the?
I can only assume he thinks he is one of the reporters exploring all sides. Is he crazy? And he has the cheek to write that he needed to check one story to see whether McLachlan’s byline was on the story? After writing article after article that could have been written for him by Hird's spin doctors. Yobbo are you for real? He might have also noted that a whole bunch of other reporters have won prestigious prizes for their coverage of the supplements saga and he has won zilch.

Third, and this isn't so bad i guess but where was the editor: 'As much as the players put faith in Essendon and its staff, we all put faith in the AFL to govern with good grace'.

What the?

Govern with good grace. What the hey matta hey does that even mean. Yeah Yoobo, AD and McLachlan need to be much more civilized in their governance.

Its like a car crash. I can't stop reading his drivel. But i have to stop. Now. He is making me dumber.

Hey. Got to pick you up on this comment: "...a whole bunch of other reporters have won prestigious prizes for their coverage of the supplements saga and he has won zilch."

What about when he received sports journalist of the year in 2013? OK, so he had to share it with Mick Warner...and three journos from the Daily telegraph. And, I know, it was an internal News Corp award...but still, he won something!

• Like 2

What the?

Second

What the?

What the?

Its breathtaking isn't it.

err remind me again who took the drugs and ran the supplement program. That Demetriou has a lot to answer for.

Maybe the bombers are upset because they thought a 'joint' investigation was going to involve roll-your-owns.......

• Like 2

err remind me again who took the drugs and ran the supplement program. That Demetriou has a lot to answer for.

Maybe the bombers are upset because they thought a 'joint' investigation was going to involve roll-your-owns.......

....or a cone of silence

• Like 1

....or a cone of silence

Actually Howe categorically suggested there wasnt one ( i think)

Hey. Got to pick you up on this comment: "...a whole bunch of other reporters have won prestigious prizes for their coverage of the supplements saga and he has won zilch."

What about when he received sports journalist of the year in 2013? OK, so he had to share it with Mick Warner...and three journos from the Daily telegraph. And, I know, it was an internal News Corp award...but still, he won something!

Love it. What esteemed company the Hun must be in, in terms of the stable of News Corp papers. I wonder if they have an award for best covert recording.

Liked this para:

'The Herald Sun's football writers Michael Warner and Mark Robinson were named sports journalists of the year for their work on the Essendon supplements scandal, an award they shared with the Daily Telegraph's Rebecca Wilson, Josh Massoud and James Hooper. The awards were presented at a gala dinner at Brisbane City Hall last night. Guests included chairman and chief executive of News Corp Rupert Murdoch and Queensland premier Campbell Newman.'
It would have been easier to list the sports journos at the tele and the hun who didn't win sports journalists of the year.
  • Like 2

Im sure they thought the wink from Vlad would be followed by a bit of " nudge nudge, ....say no more " . Thought they would get off, with a small smacky!!

So much of this is wrong

I sure hope the Robinson, Dean variety case gets to court. That's when the good stuff will come out. I don't think Essendon, the AFL, Hird and his mouthpiece the other Robinson variety can afford for that to happen so wonder what the payout will be.

I sure hope the Robinson, Dean variety case gets to court. That's when the good stuff will come out. I don't think Essendon, the AFL, Hird and his mouthpiece the other Robinson variety can afford for that to happen so wonder what the payout will be.

I dont agree rjay all the way through this sorry saga the Hird / Little camp have taken the attitude we did no wrong.

Why would they now change tack?

I dont agree rjay all the way through this sorry saga the Hird / Little camp have taken the attitude we did no wrong.

Why would they now change tack?

a different line of questioning with different people asking !!