• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Just back in from a long day's work, haven't heard the news all day. First thing I turn to is Demonland. Sorry I've got nothing new to add to the discussion, but I had to say something to someone.

Lemme get this straight. The Bombers have used every delaying trick and barrister in the book - even brought in Neil Young - to avoid having to face the consequences of having pumped their players full of pig effluent...and now Little is trying to get a political crony to call the whole thing off on the grounds that....huh? It's all gone on so long?

Words almost fail me. The effrontery of that man - not to mention the arrogance of the rich.

Mind you, given how much the Libs are piddling in the pockets of people like him, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it off.

Has nobody ever said the word WADA to him? Does he propose to blacken the game our kids play - indeed, all of Australian sport - just so that The Annointed One can avoid taking responsibility for his actions?

Scum, the lot of them. Pure, unadulterated, stomach-churning, blood-bubbling scum.

My sentiments exactly.

I heard a bit of KBs show tis morning in the car, Greg Denin summed it up thie way:

1. Hird has an ego unsurpassed in magnitude

2. Essendon are now a more hated club than collingwood

And

3. This court case was for nothing more than rich boys playing games

I know he dehnem has given us grief over the years, but one thing you can say for him, he's not afraid to call it as he sees it. The vast majority of those in the media are sychophantic to the point of inducing severe nausea.

• Like 1

Essendons ability to trade handicapped by draft restrictions as part of ASADA/AFL penalty

Other AFL clubs/players realising what we knew all along - Essendon really should be a no go zone.

Also, Bombers chasing Saad?

Well, I guess he will have served his ban already.

The Herald Sun has been accused of being Essendon's mouthpiece but does this mean their stories have been ghostwritten by them now?

Essendon believes it has the makings of an elite list but still needs to improve the bottom six in its best 22, with Jason Winderlich retiring and Dustin Fletcher having just one more year left in me.

Essendons ability to trade handicapped by draft restrictions as part of ASADA/AFL penalty

Other AFL clubs/players realising what we knew all along - Essendon really should be a no go zone.

Also, Bombers chasing Saad?

Well, I guess he will have served his ban already.

Ralphie should be reading Demonland more often.

I been saying this for months.

Glad someone else has finally woken up to it.

• Like 1

I can't fathom how little could suggest it should be swept under the rug, surely if Middleton saw that it could change his decision if he was going to rule in favour of essendon

He said during the trial, " I couldn't make any ruling in your favour without certainty the same information could be reaquired legally, as a matter of public interest this needs to be resolved fairly."

Little has since said he wants it swept under the rug and young said the players wouldn't answer questions in further interviews that might self incriminate

Disgusting EFC

Probably wouldnt have read this in the Hun I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Probably wouldnt have read this in the Hun I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Pretty explosive stuff.

Reid's letter is entirely self-serving. I doubt it was ever forwarded to anybody. He should be banned for life. If for no other reason than he didn't 'follow it up' with anybody. (maybe becuase it was never sent in the first place.

• Like 1

What makes me truly laugh is the likes of Little and Hird think they are are so clever. Theyve dug a bigger hole than was there originally. The club had it done the right thing aaaarrghh lol ) could already on way to rebuilding and recovery together with some tempered sympathy.

Not now. On path to rack and ruin . Might never recover.. (aww shame that ) and the rep of the club is merde.

They are delusional fools.

I thought Neil Young QC's opening statement which he sang in a high, slightly off pitch voice was illuminating

"Hey Hey , my my

Essendon will never die

There's more to the picture

than meets the eye

Hey Hey, my my"

(note - if I have to explain it then you are wayyyyy too young)

• Like 2

What makes me truly laugh is the likes of Little and Hird think they are are so clever. Theyve dug a bigger hole than was there originally. The club had it done the right thing aaaarrghh lol ) could already on way to rebuilding and recovery together with some tempered sympathy.

Not now. On path to rack and ruin . Might never recover.. (aww shame that ) and the rep of the club is merde.

They are delusional fools.

ah but apparently the afl public want all this to go away as well and think that the afl and asada are the bad guys.

truly astonishing that they have made this about the investigation instead of their "pharmacological experimental environment" as THEIR OWN REPORT stated

Edited by biggestred

This aint over by a long shot.

ah but apparently the afl public want all this to go away as well and think that the afl and asada are the bad guys.

truly astonishing that they have made this about the investigation instead of their "pharmacological experimental environment" as THEIR OWN REPORT stated

why are people astonished ? There was always going to be two very separate issues at play. I don't think anyone think that Essendon have done no wrong except some delusional supporters. I wouldn't think that the hierarchy at Essendon even believe that they haven't done wrong - they are towing the line that was always going to be towed.

This was always going to be about what can be proven and what process was followed in trying to prove Essendon has done wrong.

I am still not convinced that there will be the huge punishments that lots on here are expecting - I expect Essendon to muddy the waters for ever and a day. However Essendon will receive the biggest punishment of all - their name will be a stinkfest forever and a day ( well for a fair while - people have short memories)

• Like 1

but they have to. As guilty as shlt on the deed itself . So lets create a stink and go after the "messenger"

Hird wont quit til his gun empty. ( we know what caliber he is )

Little will shortly understand hes walking along a finite plank.

I can't fathom how little could suggest it should be swept under the rug, surely if Middleton saw that it could change his decision if he was going to rule in favour of essendon

He said during the trial, " I couldn't make any ruling in your favour without certainty the same information could be reaquired legally, as a matter of public interest this needs to be resolved fairly."

Little has since said he wants it swept under the rug and young said the players wouldn't answer questions in further interviews that might self incriminate

Disgusting EFC

Are you saying the Essendon players aren't entitled to defend themselves the best way they can? The right to not self-incriminate seems to me like something the Essendon players are perfectly entitled to pursue. It's potentially their livelihood we're talking about, after all.

More for the what the file?, this time for Herr Littlle:

Little also called on ASADA to disclose more information surrounding their grounds for issuing show-cause notices in June.
"If ASADA is sitting on evidence then surely for sake of health and welfare of players they should be tabling it now."
"It's a very frustrating time for us.
"On this one, we're a passenger."
Honestly is he for real. He wants ASADA to table their evidence for show cause notices EFC have stalled. Why on earth would they do that and how would doing so positively impact on the health and welfare of players? This in an article where he says should they lose this case he would be keen to appeal which would further drag out this saga and the uncertainty the players face.
A question for the DL legal posse. Can the players request the show cause notice process to be recommenced (based on the logic that doing so might be the best way to get this over and done with)?

Are you saying the Essendon players aren't entitled to defend themselves the best way they can? The right to not self-incriminate seems to me like something the Essendon players are perfectly entitled to pursue. It's potentially their livelihood we're talking about, after all.

actually, when they register as afl players they sign a document essentially saying that they dont have a right to silence with the afl.

but they have to. As guilty as shlt on the deed itself . So lets create a stink and go after the "messenger"

Have I missed something? Has their "guilt" been proven? I've seen stacks of evidence which suggests Essendon players MAY have taken banned substances but just because popular opinion is that illegal supplements were used, I'm still waiting for proof. The closest to "proof" that I've seen is when Nick McKenzie from The Age interviewed Stephen Dank who allegedly admitted players were given one substance only to change his story during the interview when told what he'd just admitted to was an illegal substance. Relying on a media story as the source of "proof" is fraught with danger.

I thought Neil Young QC's opening statement which he sang in a high, slightly off pitch voice was illuminating

"Hey Hey , my my

Essendon will never die

There's more to the picture

than meets the eye

Hey Hey, my my"

(note - if I have to explain it then you are wayyyyy too young)

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time! (I could have asked but I googled it instead)

Little reiterated that the welfare of the players was foremost amongst Essendon' priorities.

"We are dealing with the lives and health of individuals here."

It's a little insincere considering only a few months ago they had yet to sign up to the long term medical observation of the players involved.

yeah im more astonished that the media have gone along with it and been sucked in