Tom Gillies (calf) test

James Sellar (hamstring) test

Nathan Stark (ankle) test

Tom Couch (hamstring) 2 weeks

Mark Jamar (foot) 2 weeks

Michael Evans (foot) 3 weeks

James Frawley (hamstring) 3 weeks

Mitch Clark (foot) season

Also Jesse Hogan is going to be rested as part of his development programme this week -

Hogan to be rested before VFL finals

Paid for doing sfa, like 95% of those on our list.

Succinct,direct and honest Jumbo.

The better question is who is actually EARNING their keep.

Jordie has been fit for a few weeks now but can't crack it. Would like to know what we're paying him.

I'm wondering if they're giving him time to learn to win more footy & create, rather than just tagging.. he got a heap of ball on the weekend & Magner I think had a run with role.

This is it, even if we are only paying the minimum 92.5% who is cleaning up?

Mitch 800k ( just a guess) Buddy Cloke Harry Taylor

Dawes 500k Rough Swan Stevie j

Davey 500k (last year) Sewell Pendles Bartell

Chip 350/400???? Mitchell Shaw Selwood

Jones ???? Hodge Ball Chapman

Sylvia ???? Cyril Daisy Corey

? Lewis Beams Enright

? Birchall Steele Tommahawk

? Burgoyne Harry O Kelly

? Hale Reid Caddy

This list was banged together while I'm waiting for dinner. So NO, it's not perfect but makes me wonder where the cap goes. As I wrote on another thread a few months back I thought the likes of Watts, Grimes & Trenners had their contracts front loaded to avoid cap strain about now. Clearly they haven't delivered so what is going on?

It is the height of stupidity that we have to pay this sorry lot the same as the other 17 teams.

Footballers union I guess

Apologies, but back on topic:

Why even consider bringing back two with (? recurring) foot injuries, and Chip with a recurring hamstring injury back for what 1 or at best 2 absolutely meaningless matches, and jeopardise in any way at all their preparedness for the preseason?

It would make no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

Why even consider bringing back two with (? recurring) foot injuries, and Chip with a recurring hamstring injury back for what 1 or at best 2 absolutely meaningless matches, and jeopardise in any way at all their preparedness for the preseason?

Also Monoccular Jamar is past his best and injury prone now, Evans is average at best and injury prone.

Frawley is the only one worth a discussion

This week's list according to melbournefc.com.au:-

Chris Dawes (calf) test

Tom Gillies (calf) test

James Sellar (hamstring) test

Nathan Stark (ankle) test

Tom Couch (hamstring) 2 weeks

Mitch Clark (foot) season

Also Jesse Hogan is going to be rested as part of his development programme this week -

Hogan to be rested before VFL finals

We are fairly well off injury wise at present.

Only Frawley and Dawes of that lot are AFL standard and Clark is always injured

Also Monoccular Jamar is past his best and injury prone now, Evans is average at best and injury prone.

Frawley is the only one worth a discussion

Hasn't Frawley had a hamstring injury > once ebfore - that is why I say forget 2013. Get him 100 pc right for 2014. FCS if he "made a great comeback" for round 23 (or whatever the last round is now; couldn't care less actually) and reinjred it he could well miss the preseason, for what??

Hasn't Frawley had a hamstring injury > once ebfore - that is why I say forget 2013. Get him 100 pc right for 2014. FCS if he "made a great comeback" for round 23 (or whatever the last round is now; couldn't care less actually) and reinjred it he could well miss the preseason, for what??

I am not disagreeing with you!

So Jamar will miss the final 11 games of the season and he missed about 8 games last year.

Can anyone see the point in having this list clogger hanging around for the next 2 years.

Mfc list management at its finest / (crappest)

Trade bait, may get a 3rd round pick for him or something.

Misson obviously comes from a decorated background, and the swans and saints both credit him with outstanding runs with injuries when he was with them.

I raise this because I am concerned about repeat soft tissue injuries to Frawley and Dawes. Both have had soreness/tightness 3 times in the same injury, which suggests recovery has not been complete.

Does anyone think we may still be pushing the players harder than standard to bring them up to "higher" levels of fitness?

Mark Jamar (foot) 2 weeks Michael Evans (foot) 3 weeks James Frawley (hamstring) 3 weeks

Makes sense to me.

We really have no choice but to play them at the end of the year. Otherwise, in 3 or 4 year's time some disgruntled ex-employee or disaffected supporter might contact Caro or Robbo and tell them that the decision to omit these players was part of a concerted plot to lose games for the purposes of acquiring a priority draft pick.

Before you know it, stories will be told of PJ looking grim-faced after the win over the Bulldogs (the last 15 minutes evidence of a failed plot to lose an unloseable game) and a double page spread will appear in the Hun about how some drunk in a Rooty Hill motel told the source's cousin that Frawley was really fit to play against the Giants, raising eyebrows about the dropping of speedster Sam Blease and the selectors refusal to pick James Magner because the ball magnet would have changed the outcome of the game. All this after a certain player, traded to Essendon at the end of 2013 tells the On The Couch panel that he went to the Bombers because of that club's clean, wholesome culture.

And this would constitute irrefutable proof that Don McLardy, Cameron Schwab and Mark Neeld were still conspiring to bring down the club.

Nah ... sorry but that trio must play as soon as they prove their fitness (if not before). In fact, I'd go further to prove our innocence of any possible future charges by the AFL and play Mitch Clark in a moonboot in round 23.