Watts waiting on coaching appointment

Balls

We had our Keating.

Bails.

Bruise free, unaccountable footy down the corridor that led to wins, then we got smashed once teams worked us out. (Which took five minutes)

i consider Roos a teacher to.

He was who i had in mind!!

Roos is a pipedream, a fantasy.

I suppose after seven years of shite, we're all so deeply traumatised, all we have are our fantasies.

We must get the best mate otherwise we will be a pipedream.

Nothing more than the Red Fox book.

Gary, Caro and Lloyd all agreed on FC that Watts needs to man up and take responsibility and not hold the club at ransom and that leaving the MFC would be the easy way out

Gary pointed to the example of Port last year who were a basket case, yet Travis Boak and Jackson Trengove both signed up when they were without a coach and said they want to stick around and turn things around for the Power

Lloyd said Watts isnt doing himself any favors by saying hes holding out to see who the coach will be

• Like 3

Gary, Caro and Lloyd all agreed on FC that Watts needs to man up and take responsibility and not hold the club at ransom and that leaving the MFC would be the easy way out

Gary pointed to the example of Port last year who were a basket case, yet Travis Boak and Jackson Trengove both signed up when they were without a coach and said they want to stick around and turn things around for the Power

Lloyd said Watts isnt doing himself any favors by saying hes holding out to see who the coach will be

Imo this is exactly why we should trade him, i reckon we'd get a first round pick and he is clearly not commited to the cause, that attitude will be seen by the younger players and spread, need more blokes like Nathan Jones who are hell bent on turning things around, not fair weather players like Watts.

• Like 4

Yeah, they were all spot on as well.

Watts is either in or he is out.

To quote a bloke who actually bled Red and Blue " If you don't like it, you can F-off to Carlton"...

• Like 1

Yeah, they were all spot on as well.

Watts is either in or he is out.

To quote a bloke who actually bled Red and Blue " If you don't like it, you can F-off to Carlton"...

Didn't that guy just F-off to Brisbane?

• Like 3

Didn't that guy just F-off to Brisbane?

Moloney probably did bleed red and blue - just could not cope with the coach. Not too much soft about Moloney. We may be underestimating the capacity of a coach to mess with the heads of the players.

It seems to me (for a variety of reasons, including his contract extension, public statements he made, his elevation to captaincy having to be reward for something exceptional) that no-one "bought in" as much as Trengove. Certainly nobody has underperformed as a player more than Trengove (unless we think Moloney last year). Could be Trengove has injury issues, yes, but it's always denied and he keeps getting picked; if there aren't injury problems, then there must be something else to explain his underperformance. Perhaps the coach really does have a powerful and lasting impact on a player's headspace, either positive or scrambling.

Watts always appears to me to be glaring intently when listening to the coach - a picture of intensity. Neeld took him to the presser after one nightmare loss - he would have been unlikely to do that if Watts was less than on-side. Yet Watts admits he did not find it easy under Neeld. Maybe we are seeing the still-messed-up minds of these young players who listen to their coach and really try to get it right, setting aside what they already know (and which Neeld clearly was not interested in) in order to be part of the coach's grand plan for the team. With no certainty about their future coach, why wouldn't they be still adapted to that moulding, with Craig only temporaery and therefore making minimal direction-setting moves? Craig would be well aware of how fragile the team became under the direction-setting of Neeld. Craig also was seen making very positive statements about what Neeld had built - presumably only for the sake of the players' confidence. If Craig is just caretaking, he isn't going to embark on wholesale re-configuring. Thus, Watts along with everyone else remains largely in a Neeld-overshadowed limbo.

Moloney jumped ship, although he says he did not want to, but he was mature enough to know he could not handle it and survive. Spot on - the club caught up to him six months later. Players now must be waiting to get the new plan put in place. Isn't that really what Watts is saying he's holding out for?

• Like 1

Jack actually hasn't said anything, other than that he's more likely to stay now the Nutty Professor has gone.

His manager, on the other hand...

In my opinion, Jack puts in full effort when he feels like it, not when the team needs him to.

He has certainly not developed anything like as he would have liked him to do, but there's seemingly a host of reasons for that - poor coaching, poor culture, etc, etc.

Does he have the talent? Absolutely. Does he have the desire to make the most of that talent? Doubtful...

• Like 1

Jack actually hasn't said anything, other than that he's more likely to stay now the Nutty Professor has gone.

His manager, on the other hand...

Jack hasnt added anything thats true. Craig has though by inference by acknowledging Jacks stance, effectively confirming what Connors said. Jack has said nothing and in that hasnt denied it either so on that basis I will assume its correct. He's waiting on the coach.

I still think Port is a considerably different situation. We don't see it here but they have a lot of backing from the football community in Adelaide and big support from the Port Adelaide football fraternity. It's a much better community and environment than the Melbourne Football Club atm, and in Melbourne, a city where AFL dominates, there's always a better option than the Demons. Harsh reality.

He's playing his cards because ultimately he wants out of the basket case. Trengove and Boak at least had a 2004 flag to look back on as insurance that the club knows what it takes to win.

Watts' career at Melbourne has been nothing short of awful, and not just in relation to his performance and development. The club has been a shambles from the moment he walked through the door, and there's been NO stability, and NO success in 50 years.

Considerably different situation. He wants to know if the club has the balls and capacity to hire someone that knows what it takes to win. Boak and Trengove had the backing of the club. Watts has nothing to turn to because the club itself doesn't even know what it stands for.

I appear to be far more apologetic to Watts than many others here. Open your eyes, guys.

Boak and Trengove = Heart .... Watts = No Heart... Simple as that.

Jack hasnt added anything thats true. Craig has though by inference by acknowledging Jacks stance, effectively confirming what Connors said. Jack has said nothing and in that hasnt denied it either so on that basis I will assume its correct. He's waiting on the coach.

Neil crag said in i believe the friday presser that he acknowledged jacks position and understood it but didn't believe he was simply waiting for the coach to be named, i don't believe for a second that's the case, what else is he waiting for? PJ has also stated he has had several chats with Jack and understands where he is at and very confident he'll stay,

so based on that i am concluding Jack has a preference for coach or coaching type and we're right in the running, although all five of the shortlist we have guessed on here, not sure if they have actually said who any of them are, are very good coaches.

In amongst all this I still hear the echo of lil Jackie lamenting the lack of leadership at the club.. In my view he simply doesnt get it.

Who cuts your sausages Jack, who wipes ya bum Jack, who puts your shoes on lad ?? YOU DO

If you want something to happen dont sit around waiting on others to do it, do it yourself..

But , and it annoys the sh*t out of me he doesnt seem to have that auto-motivation.

Its become very chicken and egg stuff. He seems to be waiting for great things to happen at the club to confirm his interest when he really ought to be helping to build that greatness to provide reason for ours ( interest )

Fark me ..What a weak character .. Don't even try and persuade him to stay.. If I don't like the new Coach I will take my ball and go home !! We have had enough of that culture.. He is now showing me his on field "non performances" are completely in line with his "soft C...k" character.. Bye Mr. Watts..... I would keep a genuine tryer with the club at heart not a person who grizzles because the coach might not suit HIS demands.. Get rid of these types.. We need to start getting serious in this once great club...I wouldn't play him at all ...From now !! :mad: ..

Adreed. Watts is an incredibly soft player who will never be an elite player. If he doesnt want to be at Melbourne then trade him. Get what we can for him; unfortunatly because he is such a terrible player,wont be much.

Adreed. Watts is an incredibly soft player who will never be an elite player. If he doesnt want to be at Melbourne then trade him. Get what we can for him; unfortunatly because he is such a terrible player,wont be much.

If he wants to go to Carlton as it would seem i reckon we'd get pick 9

which i think is Win-Win for everyone, if we hold on to him and in three years time he hasn't improved we will get next to nothing

i really doubt carlscum would cough up pick 9. but if they did i'd take it in a flash

They know we want to keep him and that Freo are also right in the mix, so if they want him bad enough they'll cough it up, maybe an exchange of later picks or something to sweeten it.