at Victoria Park 12.00 NOON

Collingwood

Backs Barden Oxley Broomhead

Half backs Heagney-Steart Allan Collopy

Centreline Gray Kennedy Didak

Half forwards Mooney Boland Martin

Forwards Paine Gault Krakouer

Followers Lynch Moloney Hellier

Interchange (from) Brett* Clarke Corr Ramsay Rinaldi Strachan Tyquin Wallace Yagmoor

Casey Scorpions

Backs Sellar Panozza Best

Half backs Strauss J Tynan L Tynan

Centreline Jetta Gent Barry

Half forwards Tapscott Hughes Taggert

Forwards McKenzie Hogan Davis

Followers Spencer Magner Scott*

Interchange (from) Boland Corry Lang Matthews Nicholls Page

Riseley Smith Troutman

* 23rd player

In an interesting touch, the Development League team takes on Sandringham for the third time since 1 June and the second time in a week.

AFL Victoria Development League

Sandringham v Casey Scorpions

Sunday 28th July

at Trevor Barker Beach Oval 11:00 AM

Sandringham

Backs C Banfield Valles Barnhoorn

Half backs B Coates Dowler Williams

Centreline Fallon Maitland Weikhardt

Half forwards S Banfield Kreymborg C Coates

Forwards Cameron Persson Ong

Followers Beech Zijai Maley

Interchange (from) Howes McKay Minahan Pridgeon Read Rist Slade Staley

Casey Scorpions

Backs Westrupp Rutherford Roberts

Half backs Hillard Corry Clay

Centreline McInnes P Rosier Troutman

Half forwards Lang Nicholson Plummer

Forwards Smith Matthews Page

Followers Hill Pollard Lindsay

Interchange (from) Anderson Corrigan Deaurago Drew Fowler Fusinato Jackson Neville Waters

Just a couple of things to note:-

• the Casey teams are taken from the club website and differ a little to the ones published on the VFL site; and

• Dan Nicholson named in the Development League squad. He's also an emergency for the seniors. This suggests to me that if he doesn't get a run for Melbourne against North, he might be given a run with the DL team on Sunday morning; and

• This week's mystery injury of the week is Tom Gillies.

Clever decision if Nicholson ends up getting a run in the 2's instead of missing a weeks footy. Especially considering he's shown he can get the ball at AFL level it's his disposal that's one of his weaknesses. With his pace and endurance he could easily rack up big numbers in the VFL 2's and really get some game time disposal practice even if it is at a weaker level.

Clever decision if Nicholson ends up getting a run in the 2's instead of missing a weeks footy. Especially considering he's shown he can get the ball at AFL level it's his disposal that's one of his weaknesses. With his pace and endurance he could easily rack up big numbers in the VFL 2's and really get some game time disposal practice even if it is at a weaker level.

It's not only his disposal it's his decision making and at times that also impacts his ability to get the ball.

Actually, I was hoping Nicholson would play in the seniors to tag Harvey. I doubt anyone else can keep up with him. (I would have given Kent a rest).

Interesting what it does to a player's psychology. Imagine explaining, "Dan, you're close to playing in the seniors this week. So close, we're going to give you a run in the Casey seconds".

Always an interesting day for me. My housemate plays for the Collingwood VFL side so my allegiance is some what split just for this day.

Have been giving him "s%$t" all week saying Hogan is going to kick 10 on them.

Will be interesting.

I presume you stooge him when it comes to paying rent, bills etc?

Hope he managed to get him drunk last night and keep him awake till sunrise.

I'm sure as a Melbourne supporter,

The Song FKA is only letting the young magpie stay as part of a community rehabilitation project

I hope he counted the silverware and has cc tv in his house.

• Like 1

Hope he managed to get him drunk last night and keep him awake till sunrise.

I'm sure as a Melbourne supporter,

The Song FKA is only letting the young magpie stay as part of a community rehabilitation project

I hope he counted the silverware and has cc tv in his house.

Absolutely, and i sleep with one eye open.

As we embark on a vital fixture for the Scorpions at Victoria Park against Collingwood (we're 15 minutes away from the opening siren and no, we're not on the telly) some reading material from today's Age.

Firstly, from the pen of Demon champion Garry Lyon:

Draft hopefuls can learn from VFL stint

Secondly, the Age VFL writer tips Collingwood to win:

Veterans give Pies a boost against Casey

The teams last met on 8th June this year and the Scorps had a convincing win by 15 goals. The team hasn't changed greatly since then although it will miss the injured Tom Couch who's a real ball magnet at this level. Casey has also dropped form lately and has lost its last two games which included a belting at Werribee and a narrow loss at home against Essendon who they also thrashed earlier in the year. The Pies have improved greatly and, as the article says, this week they have the added advantage of some seasoned footballers in the team.

Should be interesting.

Pies goal after a few Casey misses. 14-10.

Oh.......woe is me. Sack the coach. Hogan must be an absolute spud not to have a bag of 5 by now.

(Just thought some may like a bit of typical Demonlander doom and gloom speak).

• Like 1