MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION

Demonland

From the moment we recruited Pederson and I saw him train I was doubtful. I can understand him being brought in to play North because of their big forwards, but I remain really disappointed that Strauss is not being persisted with and Davis can't crack a jumper. Yes, Davis' kicking is amazingly poor at times, but he has actually improved a fair bit in this regard, reads the play really well, and is a big AFL-size body.

But it is good to see only 1 or 2 changes per week rather than 4 - 5.

From the moment we recruited Pederson and I saw him train I was doubtful. I can understand him being brought in to play North because of their big forwards, but I remain really disappointed that Strauss is not being persisted with and Davis can't crack a jumper. Yes, Davis' kicking is amazingly poor at times, but he has actually improved a fair bit in this regard, reads the play really well, and is a big AFL-size body.

But it is good to see only 1 or 2 changes per week rather than 4 - 5.

Haven't seen Davis duck his head either.

I find it hilarious that the bookies have St Kilda (who have won one more game than us for the season) at shorter odds to beat Geelong at the Cattery, than they have us at to beat the 13th placed side on the ladder, in Melbourne.

It relates to the relative formlines between the two combatants over the last 10 meetings:

ROOS: 1111111111

DEES: 0000000000

• Like 1

please beat them

Please.

I hate them so much, they are such an average team but we still never beat them,

Lets bury the Etihad and North curse.

Please.

Unfortunately you will have to wait another year hh

I wish we were as "average"

Strauss I believe is contracted for next year, however it wouldn't surprise me if he asked to be traded for more opportunities. Whether he gets them is up for debate, I believe I read a rumour on here that Carlton is interested? If he does leave, I think it will be on par with losing Chris Johnson.

Having said that, I would have liked to see Strauss played more as a winger. He has a nice turn of speed and is one that could actually deliver it to our forwards lace out.

Just watching fox footy and they are showing highlights of the 98 prelim final we lost to north. We had them on toast much of the game, and we played so well offensively. It's so hard not to be optimistic looking back 15 years, and remembering our rise from last to 4th in one season. I really hope we put in a good showing tomorrow. I'd hope Neil Craig is telling them how soft north are and how they whinge about any physicality. Jeez I hope we knock them over!

Our side under Craigy is much quicker because he's happy playing Kent, Blease and Davey in one side, whereas Neeld got his way and went with big, slow bodies.

The only problem that I can see is that North traditionally crunch us with physical approach with Swallow and Ziebell in the middle and Thompson and Firrito down back, plus Harvey and Petrie up forward.

Pleasingly Firrito's not playing which means there's one less sniper to worry about, but I reckon this is definitely a game to have a couple more tough boys in the side - ie: Magner and Tapscott.

I can understand that Craigy wants to stay loyal and breed solidarity by not making changes, but if we get smashed up like we did against Geelong in the wet, then it also reflects on the coach.

Am I the only one who thinks Craig has done ok? I think about where we were and there's been a vast improvement. I'm not sure what people expected.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks Craig has done ok? I think about where we were and there's been a vast improvement. I'm not sure what people expected.

In all honesty we should be playing like this, have we improved or has craig bought up back to Acceptable? remember Craig has had no chance to implement his own game plan or idea's he would need a full pre season to do that, he has the advantage of the players loving him but is otherwise on level pegging with other candidates in my opinion

having said that i love the positive feeling at the moment

In all honesty we should be playing like this, have we improved or has craig bought up back to Acceptable? remember Craig has had no chance to implement his own game plan or idea's he would need a full pre season to do that, he has the advantage of the players loving him but is otherwise on level pegging with other candidates in my opinion

having said that i love the positive feeling at the moment

I take your point. I just think that the team could very well have completely dropped their bundle also. I didn't want him at first but am liking what I see. I wanted Roos but that is looking like too much of a saga. And that never ends well IMO.

I take your point. I just think that the team could very well have completely dropped their bundle also. I didn't want him at first but am liking what I see. I wanted Roos but that is looking like too much of a saga. And that never ends well IMO.

Yeah, the team has shown some real character, which is fantastic to see

Maybe with this new development program that might actually teach the players how to kick a footy!

Don't give up on Davis yet - at worse he can be a depth player or have some trade value (would rather have players like Davis than Gilles and Sellar who virtually have no hope of improving)

IF Davis cannot crack a game with this list surely they can have no intention of playing or retaining him at all.

Good to c some of us have some coin to throw around Demonfan.

Obviously u r not married or have kids!!!!

Correct, but in all honesty i found the 50 dollars so i am taking it as a sign :)

Correct, but in all honesty i found the 50 dollars so i am taking it as a sign :)

U lucky bazstard I would have done the same.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by DemonOX

U lucky bazstard I would have done the same.

Wait and see, i am thinking we will get done by the flat track bullies, but if they are thinking ahead and not 100% in it we might give them a scare

Wait and see, i am thinking we will get done by the flat track bullies, but if they are thinking ahead and not 100% in it we might give them a scare

I would love to agree with u but its at eddiehad aka the quicksand pit for the Dees so unfortunately I don't think we will win.

In saying that I would be tickle pink if we did manage to beat those plicks.

I would love to agree with u but its at eddiehad aka the quicksand pit for the Dees so unfortunately I don't think we will win.

In saying that I would be tickle pink if we did manage to beat those plicks.

I consider them a top 6 team, i know their ladder position doesn't reflect that but they lose close ones far too much, the quality is there