Post Match Discussion

Demonland

Get off of Trengove's back you bunch of ungrateful keyboard warriors.

no. You lift your expectations and standards.

I want to see this club win the 13th Flag

The twin captaincy rubbish sums up the shoddy leadership this club is famous for

Wakey Wakey.

Get off of Trengove's back you bunch of ungrateful keyboard warriors.

In all seriousness do yo consider his game as OK, good , very good ??

Would you follow him over the top ??

Does he inspire ?

Does he inspire ?

Shouldn't be captain, that's painfully obvious, but 20 touches again and 12 tackles, made a few mistakes so i'd say he was okay today

Trengove has had a solid month. Our most consistent over that period.

I'd like him to be getting 30 touches not 20. But given the state of our list and how we play as a team, no one gets much more than 20 touches.

Shouldn't be captain, that's painfully obvious, but 20 touches again and 12 tackles, made a few mistakes so i'd say he was okay today

we need more than ok.

That's my point. We the members must demand more. These guys are full time footballers.

The twin captaincy rubbish sums up the shoddy leadership this club is famous for

Wakey Wakey.

Does he inspire ?

Nope. It sucked, but he is coming off a stress fracture to his foot that you blokes would quit the game over.

He tries very hard, contributed to three or four of our goals and absolutely is a fantastic leader to his team-mates.

Am I disappointed that he hasn't turned into Jimmy Bartel like we all though he would? Yes.

But he's our captain, and a young kid trying to play good footy. If he's our captain you need to respect him. If you don't think he should be captain, then he's just a young kid and you need to cut him some slack.

But because he's both young and a captain, you all seem to think he deserves neither the latitude we give young players, nor the reverence every captain of this footy club should be given.

• Like 13

I do to...OK that is.. Nothing brilliant, not bad.

Like others I simply would think a captain would be a peg above that and have that certain something that lifts others.

But he plays an OK game

spose thats ok :mellow:

Wakey Wakey.

Does he inspire ?

Clowns.

• Like 4

When has Trengove played like a captain should?

What a Joke. Robbie Flower was a Captain as was David Neitz.

id say trengove played ok tonight.... He scored the most dreamteam points for us..... He is still young.... And maybe shouldn't have the Burdens of the captaincy.... But was far from a disgrace tonight.... Jeez... What does he have to do? Play like Ablett? Or Cotchin? Or Judd?

Clowns.

are you capable of a discussion, can you add to the enlightenment or are your observations limited to red noses and big shoes ?

I think Trenners fades in and out of games because he worries too much about doing the team things, he is great with tackles and 1%ers but we need him to turn these 20 touches 12 tackles into 25-30 touches 12 tackles and a goal, and i think he is capable of doing that, a solid month of 20+ touches while not what we'd like is something to build on.

Why are we playing our captain and 1st round draft pick in Jack Grimes as a negating tagger role. Surely he should be in the midfield trying to create and win the ball.

Number 2 picks since 2001:

Luke Ball

Daniel Wells

Andrew Walker

Jarred Roughhead

Daisy Thomas

Scott Gumbleton

Trent Cotchin

Nic Nat

Trengove

Harley Bennell

Stephen Conniglio

Jonathan ORourke

Too soon to tell on the last 2 but with the possible exception of Gumbleton I'd say JT looks way out of his league. I don't think the frustration is with his effort. The frustration is with his potential to have an impact with skill or speed that matches anyone on that list.

He looks to be going backwards.

• Like 1

At parts it felt like neeld was still coaching. Our manning up was poor, we couldnt get it out of the middle and we still went down the line.

Why should dawes run up near our backline to lay a tackle. If we got into trouble we didnt have support. I hope Col's injury isnt to bad.

Fitzy was great and viney was his usual hard at the ball.

But my question is when they showed Craig in the coaches box he had todd and two others. Where were our assistant coaches. I didnt see Rawlings, brown or royal at all.

• Like 1

Luke Ball

Daniel Wells

Andrew Walker

Jarred Roughhead

Daisy Thomas

Scott Gumbleton

Trent Cotchin

Nic Nat

Trengove

Harley Bennell

Stephen Conniglio

Jonathan ORourke

Too soon to tell on the last 2 but with the possible exception of Gumbleton I'd say JT looks way out of his league. I don't think the frustration is with his effort. The frustration is with his potential to have an impact with skill or speed that matches anyone on that list.

Irrelevant.

• Like 2

Irrelevant.

Luke Ball

Daniel Wells

Andrew Walker

Jarred Roughhead

Daisy Thomas

Scott Gumbleton

Trent Cotchin

Nic Nat

Trengove

Harley Bennell

Stephen Conniglio

Jonathan ORourke

justin koschitzke was pick number 2 as well. Im pretty sure he hasnt lived up to the number 2 pick

id say trengove played ok tonight.... He scored the most dreamteam points for us..... He is still young.... And maybe shouldn't have the Burdens of the captaincy.... But was far from a disgrace tonight.... Jeez... What does he have to do? Play like Ablett? Or Cotchin? Or Judd?

save your breath mate

90% of the people on this board are too thickheaded to look past the negative emotion of losing to actually think about football

we have improved about 1000% over the last 5 weeks but losing makes that improvement invisible if you are a blockhead

8 kids out there tonight with 16 games or less under their belt.. hogan and clark next year on the end of 50 entries inside 50

you do the math

• Like 4

are you capable of a discussion, can you add to the enlightenment or are your observations limited to red noses and big shoes ?

pft what's your 'enlightened observation'? 'I want Trengove to be the best midfielder in the comp and he's not so I'm angry"

yeah great thanks mate

• Like 2

Sure.

Trengove is 21 years of age and is playing in the biggest f-up of a midfield in living memory.

Nevertheless, he is consistently in the top half dozen ballgetters.

He has played for 5? coaches in 70 games, each of them probably telling him something completely different. He followed the last one's stupid defensive game plan so well that his freewheeling style has been beaten out of him.

That same coach turned up one day and tells him that, of the 30 odd blokes older than him on the list, not a single one of them is capable of leading a club better than him.

Then, he practically busted his foot in the last preseason.

I think he is carrying a huge burden, doing his best to show his teammates direction, and is playing ok. He'll be fine.

• Like 5