Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Even if he fixes his kicking he's still soft and mentally slow. The legs are fast but the footy brain isn't up to AFL standard I dont think. If he was skilled and hard you'd put up with bad decision making but right now he can't kick, doesn't go hard enough and doesn't make good decisions. That's the 3/4 of a bad player. He does have the athleticism to make up the other 1/4 though.

Unfortunately you'd have to question his passion for a contest, I don't think he likes contact. I still remember early on in the season when both he and Pederson ducked their heads when their wasn't anyone there. I just don't think he is a natural footballer, he can run, but that's about it.

McStay -

Club: Eastern Ranges/East Ringwood

D.O.B.: 24.6.95

Height: 194cm

Weight: 88kg

Another player who has impressed me this year, Dan McStay has had a superb season, another player who really flourished in Tom Boyd’s absence at Eastern. For McStay, he has established himself as the ultimate swingman, possessing the ability to be switched forward at any time. More often than not in 2013, McStay started forward, and was often thrown back if things were getting out of hand, but it’s in defence – his natural position – where he shines the brightest. What I love about McStay, is that he isn’t afraid to take contested grabs, crash packs or get physical with opposition forwards. Very athletic, composed and calm under pressure – McStay relishes the opportunity to shut down the gorilla key forwards, and doesn’t mind making them play accountable football by penetrating the defensive 50 and making himself an option. Brilliant left foot, ultra clean hands – another package player who gives you a bit of everything.

Giles

Club: Woodville West Torrens/Blyth Snowtown

D.O.B.: 5.5.95

Height: 195cm

Weight: 93kg

Like a small Jack Russell thinking he is a pit bull, Cameron Giles – a 195cm ruck/defender believes he is a midfielder. Giles is an absolute ripper of a prospect, and in terms of development could be absolutely anything in the coming years. Giles can do it all; ruck, play in defence or even swing forward – and if he’s feeling a little bit fancy, he’s also an attacking winger! It is however, in defence when Giles plays his best game – taking big scalps in the National Championships on Max King, Dallas Willsmore and Michael Apeness, in a brilliant display of shutdown football. The Crows would love an athletic big man to add to their ranks, and they get that in Cameron Giles.

Fort

Club: Geelong Falcons/South Barwon

D.O.B.: 4.10.95

Height: 196cm

Weight: 84kg

A key defender who constantly wears down his opponent, Fraser Fort had a fantastic season and could go higher than where I’ve placed him. However, with Ayden Kennedy and Luke Delaney most likely leaving the club, Fort could be groomed to take over from Michael Firrito, and will be a future A-Pillar in defence for the Roos in the years to come. Terrific one-on-one, elite overhead and also has shown versatility to play up forward which makes him a hot prospect come draft day.

I like the sounds of McStay & the versatility of Giles, however admittedly I have never seen any play.

At least McStay is from Vic and there won't be the the McGo Home factor. Sorry, I'll get my coat....

• Like 3

So it looks as though the midfield is shaping up. What are people's thoughts on the forward line? We have got a wealth of talls with Clark, Dawes, Hogan and Fitz/Gawn, as well as Jumping Jeremy. So if the ball's in the air we're gunna get a hand to it.

But what about if it hits the deck, what are your thoughts on crumbers and goal sneaks?

Byrnes, maybe Kent, maybe Barry but he's more a Lewis Jetta-style wingman...

As far as crumbling forwards to, the cupboard is daily bare.

Adams in the psd with pick #2 please!

Imagine if that happened... Oh the hilarity.

Won't happen.

GWS are going to get Shaw one way or another.

Letting Adams to through the PSD makes that a lot harder for that to happen.

We don't lose but I just valued the pick higher than him. Mummy for example went 35 to GWS.

That was a token trade for a pick GWS won't use, to make nice when they could jus take Mumford in the PSD.

35 is not relevant to Mumford's value.

Anyone still feeling a tad underwhelmed by Josh Mahoney?

Yes, it was fairly ridiculous for anyone to feel like that based on minimal evidence.

So far he's done well in the trade period, and I think he'd now be looking to shut up shop for next week, bar a delisted FA signing or 2.

Daniel Cross please?

any chance we are still in the hunt for daniel cross?

I think it's more Cross waiting to hear from either us or Carlton as to whether we want him.

And I hope we do.

I'd love for us to package a player and pick 40 for a pick in the 20's to try snare a solid Mid who slides

Ah... Typical MFC supporter draft pick hoarding syndrome.

It's an epidemic this time of year.

Honestly, the draft is so weak, we'd be doing ourselves a disservice.

I dont think we need Cross now that Bernie Vince has come on board.

They don't really play a role anything alike, bar being mids.

I think we definitely have room for both, and would be best with both.

Edited by Machsy
  • Like 1

I was surprised to see that Emma Quayle says we will take Lennon.

She might well be right, I respect her articles and her detailed knowledge of the draftees.

However, I would think that another tough, solid on-baller would be more the preferred target. Our forward line looks good, with the exception of a skilled 'small', and Lennon is not small.

Freeman, Crouch, etc could still be available at pick 9 and would be a great get. They could also go at 2 or 3, of course.

I don't so much respect EQ's ability to rate draftees, rather her ability to sniff out what teams rate what players and where.

She has a good nose for the draft order ahead of time, and that's not from watching the kids play.

I don't so much respect EQ's ability to rate draftees, rather her ability to sniff out what teams rate what players and where.

She has a good nose for the draft order ahead of time, and that's not from watching the kids play.

I think you are on the money here, I've posted before that clubs could cut costs by getting rid of their recruiting departments and just using Emma's picks. In reality she has her sources and they give her a good feel for what the draft order will be, I doubt she is flying all over the country to asses the latest draft hopefuls. But the media like to spin their people, a bit like our friend J Z no idea Clark the draft expert lol. The HS need to have their man to compete with Emma.

• Like 1

Could be some life in this thread yet:

Well, Collingwood just sent a big "[censored] you" to GWS since trading pick 11 to West Coast. Its either a straight swap now, take it or leave it

If GWS plays hard, and refuses to do the Shaw/Adams swap, any interest in attempting to land Adams with Pick 9? Knowing that if it all falls apart, and he walks to the PSD, we'd have first bite.

FWIW, looking at that WCE/Pies trade, as well as ours (2 for 9), it seems fairly clear that after Boyd, there are 10 - 12 players who clubs seem to rank fairly evenly. So, pick 2, pick 9, pick 6, even pick 11 all seem to have about the same value. As such, pick 9 could have some decent currency - if we wanted to use it.

Well, Collingwood just sent a big "[censored]" to GWS since trading pick 11 to West Coast. Its either a straight swap now, take it or leave it

If GWS plays hard, and refuses to do the Shaw/Adams swap, any interest in attempting to land Adams with Pick 9? Knowing that if it all falls apart, and he walks to the PSD, we'd have first bite.

FWIW, looking at that WCE/Pies trade, as well as ours (2 for 9), it seems fairly clear that after Boyd, there are 10 - 12 players who clubs seem to rank fairly evenly. So, pick 2, pick 9, pick 6, even pick 11 all seem to have about the same value. As such, pick 9 could have some decent currency - if we wanted to use it.

Depends which angle of the West Coast/Collingwood deal you look at.

West Coast see it as getting in Yeo for nothing really as with pick 11 they'll still get the guy they want which tells me they have keen interest in either of the West Australians in Sheed or Acres.

Collingwood on the other hand seem keen enough to move 5 spots forward and take their pick out of whoever slips from Aish, Billings, Scharenberg or make sure they get their man whoever that may be.

• Like 4

Paige Cardona@Paigeos_Hotpies32m

Well, Collingwood just sent a big "[censored]" to GWS since trading pick 11 to West Coast. Its either a straight swap now, take it or leave it

Will shaw be left in the "cold" ie without a club. I know he is contracted, but we couldn't see him returning to the Pies from here could we? Maybe they will be forced to deal with their sworn enemies Carlton, after all. I'm sure that will go down like a lead balloon.

Will shaw be left in the "cold" ie without a club. I know he is contracted, but we couldn't see him returning to the Pies from here could we? Maybe they will be forced to deal with their sworn enemies Carlton, after all. I'm sure that will go down like a lead balloon.

I think Eddie said that if a trade couldn't be worked out, Shaw would come back to the club and reconcile.

Can't see Buckley agreeing to that....

Would you guys rather trade pick 9 for Taylor Adams or keep it and get one of the guys we are targeting?

Taylor Adams has shown his hand by disrespecting many suitors and failing to see the way of the AFL world.

Paul Roos builds his teams not only on skills, but attitude, humility and character.

Pick 9 will get us a good kid that can spend 80% of his time @ Casey, honing his skills.

A no from me.

• Like 6

Would you guys rather trade pick 9 for Taylor Adams or keep it and get one of the guys we are targeting?

Taylor Adams has flicked sand in our face and now u are suggesting we try to get him.

I don't think so and besides he has a girls name nuf said!

• Like 1

Taylor Adams has flicked sand in our face and now u are suggesting we try to get him.

Threes no proof Adams did anything like that

hes a young kid whos most likely getting bad advice from his manager

I find it hard to believe he said "i dont want to play for Melbourne"

• Like 1

Just as an aside id be curious to know how opinions of possible draftees/trades might have changed from before to now, having seen the types that ARE coming on board !

Be interesting ;)

• Like 3

His manager came out and said he didnt want to talk to melbourne.

Enough said. Keep pick 9 for Freeman who will be just as good as Adams.

Well, Nick Stevens wanted to play for Collingwood. They couldn't get the deal done, so Carlton snaffled him up. The same could happen with Adams, but I can't see it happening.

• Like 1

Is best mates with Dom Tyler and Jack Viney apparently. That could well change his attitude. Let's hope he can be persuaded to come via the PSD (hopefully by them).

The is a very interesting video on the Giants website with DM (who is their equivalent of Maxy Gawn in that respect except a lot more articulate!) and TA. They are clearly good mates. Might count a lot in the end.

Edited by Dees2014

Is best mates with Dom Tyler and Jack Viney apparently. That could well change his attitude. Let's hope he can be persuaded to come via the PSD (hopefully by them).

The is a very interesting video on the Giants website with DM (who is their equivalent of Maxy Gawn in that respect except a lot more articulate!) and TA. They are clearly good mates. Might count a lot in the end.

Being good mates doesnt mean anything.

Buddy left his best mate Josh Gibson.

Scully left his boyfriend Bleasey behind.

The list goes on.

Money and succes talks these days. Taylor Adams will make new friends at collingwood.

Its all part of life now.