The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

its the supporters that create the culture, not the club!! This build culture argument is a cop out... We are the ones that need to turn up to matches and demand more from the playing group.... The only input into change the club can make, is to start winning games.... If they start to win games, then the supporters will start to come to games.... And getting players like Martin, will help the club to win games....

That's fine, but Rory Sloane is as good a player as Dustin Martin and not terrible on Culture, i'm very confident if we keep dangling the prospect of James Aish in front of the crows they will come to the party.

• Like 1

I seriously dont want Swallow. He is very overrated. Has anyone actually looked at his career stats, nothing too exciting

i'd say the same about Jack Trengove, Jack Watts and Jeremy Howe, doesn't mean they won't develop into three of the better players in the comp.

• Like 2

i'd say the same about Jack Trengove, Jack Watts and Jeremy Howe, doesn't mean they won't develop into three of the better players in the comp.

And your prepared to part with pick 2 (which is what it would cost us) for yet another risk (and Trengove wont be anywhere close to the 'better players'). He has averaged 18 disposals a game. Hardly exciting

Edited by richyrich

And your prepared to part with pick 2 (which is what it would cost us) for yet another risk (and Trengove wont be anywhere close to the 'better players')

Gold coast offer us David Swallow for pick 2 tomorrow and i'll say yes without a second thought, only one reason I wouldn't do that trade is if Rory Sloane is on the table and even then i'd seriously consider it, kid hasn't shown a lot yet but he has upper A grade potential, and he would already be in our top 3-4 players.

Trenners will be fine, Roos will give him a role and get his confidence back up, at the very least work out what's going on with his running and see if some ground can be made up there, a full pre season and he might be a totally different player, as might david Swallow.

I seriously dont want Swallow. He is very overrated. Has anyone actually looked at his career stats, nothing too exciting

I thought the same about Josh Caddy until Friday night and now I can see what the fuss was about. If we get Swallow there will have been some pretty serious football people at the club who made the decision and they won't be Barry P.

If he is on the outer I don't see why we shouldn't be in Heath Shaw's ear. Premiership player and could be of serious use down at MFC with his run and carry. Won't be too expensive either.

Adding both Shaw and Martin to our list and we're starting to get some real grunt in the team. Thoughts?

If he is on the outer I don't see why we shouldn't be in Heath Shaw's ear. Premiership player and could be of serious use down at MFC with his run and carry. Won't be too expensive either.

Adding both Shaw and Martin to our list and we're starting to get some real grunt in the team. Thoughts?

Both good players, my concern is the effect they would have on the culture we're trying to build, Heath Shaw is on the outer at Collingwood because he has screaming matches with Collingwoods captain on field, and Dustin Martin is considering leaving a club that's well on the rise to chase extra dollars even though they have provided him huge off field support.

would much rather just get Swallow or Sloane and then draft Zak jones who could play the same role of heath Shaw off half back or be a clone of Nathan jones in the middle.

Culture first, team first, success will follow.

Both good players, my concern is the effect they would have on the culture we're trying to build, Heath Shaw is on the outer at Collingwood because he has screaming matches with Collingwoods captain on field, and Dustin Martin is considering leaving a club that's well on the rise to chase extra dollars even though they have provided him huge off field support.

would much rather just get Swallow or Sloane and then draft Zak jones who could play the same role of heath Shaw off half back or be a clone of Nathan jones in the middle.

Culture first, team first, success will follow.

The whole culture diatribe really irks me. We've been the nice guys of the AFL for fair to long now. Every football club has players with issues but as long as they get on the park and play good footy I don't see an issue. Stokes was selling and racking coke with the Cats yet has remained a productive member of one of the strongest teams in recent AFL history.

Maybe Dusty and Shaw provide the exact kind of doggedness which this footy club needs.

• Like 1

The whole culture diatribe really irks me. We've been the nice guys of the AFL for fair to long now. Every football club has players with issues but as long as they get on the park and play good footy I don't see an issue. Stokes was selling and racking coke with the Cats yet has remained a productive member of one of the strongest teams in recent AFL history.

Maybe Dusty and Shaw provide the exact kind of doggedness which this footy club needs.

I think it's a misunderstanding of culture that causes those issues, we don't stand for much as a club, Roosy will be keen to establish a hard running, team first culture, Heath Shaw and Dusty to me don't fit the team first thing, having grunt and abit of mongrel is great, infact it's exactly what we want right now, but that needs to be within the team first mantra.

And your prepared to part with pick 2 (which is what it would cost us) for yet another risk (and Trengove wont be anywhere close to the 'better players'). He has averaged 18 disposals a game. Hardly exciting

And your prepared to part with pick 2 on James Aish... yet another risk. He has averaged ~16 disposals a game over the U18 carnival and international game vs NZ. Hardly exciting.

http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-james-aish/

Thorp ? Meh... "insert facepalm of choice "

we're after MIDS ..MIDS ......and ....MID !!

And your prepared to part with pick 2 on James Aish... yet another risk. He has averaged ~16 disposals a game over the U18 carnival and international game vs NZ. Hardly exciting.

I would rather trade it for an established mid and swap of first round picks, but seeing as #2 won't get Boyd, that won't be happening. We always seem to stuff up our early picks, and it makes me nervous. Would be more confident if we had say pick 5, as stupid as that sounds.

• Like 1

He was just recovering from an injury during the carnival and lacked fitness. If you want to get a better idea have a look at his end of season form in the SANFL.

Even better, I've seen him play.

Hugely talented and very young.

And his career stats for a guy his age are actually quite impressive, especially considering his injuries.

You'd be hard pressed to find many guys from that draft with better stats.

He was just recovering from an injury during the carnival and lacked fitness. If you want to get a better idea have a look at his end of season form in the SANFL.

I'm well aware of his injuries, he is good however vastly overrated.

Please post the links to his SANFL stats.

• Like 1

Just clarifying, so are you saying:

Dees - give up pick 2

Gws - give up pick 10 and Adams

Rich - give up Martin

Dees - get Adams and 10

Gws - get Martin

Rich - get pick 2

If so, this could be plausible and a win for all three clubs

Have been away but that was spot on! But only a whisper. Martin likely to take his long tail between his legs and return to Tigerland. A certain manger seems to be the bigger problem here!

Another rumour just across my desk is that on Roos trip to Perth recently Dale Garlett was spoken to! Thoughts?

• Like 1

Another rumour just across my desk is that on Roos trip to Perth recently Dale Garlett was spoken to! Thoughts?

Gut feel is that unless we get a mid first round pick from somewhere, pick 2 is overs, and he won't be there by the next pick.

I think our club would be stupid to not consider him with appropriate due diligence (which they do for all players)

Gut feel is that unless we get a mid first round pick from somewhere, pick 2 is overs, and he won't be there by the next pick.

I think our club would be stupid to not consider him with appropriate due diligence (which they do for all players)

He's the one we need to get. Confident he can be turned around and equally concerned we are looking at mids who may be great stats wise I.e Swallow, at the expense of a little bit of brilliance.

I know we are interested in Scott Selwood but what is annoying is that we should have had him already! In the 2007 draft we took Adam Maric at 21 and next to go was S Selwood at 22! Although the same draft we did take Cale Morton at 4, leaving P Dangerfield to go at 10!

Roos and co will leave no stone unturned to get hte right players to the club!

• Like 1

If we get a PP at the end of 1st Round, staright after our 2nd round pick then maybe?

If he's there for our 3rd Round pick then yes I'd take the punt!

Otherwise pass.