• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Liam Anthony, Kyal Horsley or Taylor Adams

ashdemons22

for me its ellis and dal santo as free agents, a top 3 draft pick which i hope is sheed or dunstan

and adams for jamar and a 3rd round pixk

Why do people think Jamar has any currency? he doesn't and will finish his career in the next year or so with us.

• Like 1

We only have a many draft picks as other clubs. But we should have lots of salary cap space.

I'd be offering Adams serious overs in the money stake - more than anyone else can get near - and ask him to go in the psd. Offer something token to GWS if they want to trade for him - a player who we don't mind losing or a second or third round pick.

But he is one of the better young mids available, let's throw some coin on a 2 or 3 year contract. We have cap space and I'd rather spend money on players than draft picks.

Edited by deanox

We only have a many draft picks as other clubs. But we should have lots of salary cap space.

I'd be offering Adams serious overs in the money stake - more than anyone else can get near - and ask him to go in the psd. Offer something token to GWS if they want to trade for him - a player who we don't mind losing or a second or third round pick.

But he is one of the better young mids available, let's throw some coin on a 2 or 3 year contract. We have cap space and I'd rather spend money on players than draft picks.

Like your thinking, we need to make every post a winner.

They will have the cap space and the psd pick but

a) do they want to over spend on a young mid when they are already overspending on others?

b) will they have the cap space after buddy?

c) do they really want to over spend and or redraft a kid who has said he doesn't want to be there?

We should offer him 450k next year. Way more than he is worth but who cares, think of it as sign on bonus. Offer have to pay someone the cap money and most or current payers don't deserve extra. Offer GWS Spencer or Dunn. I would say offer a second round pick but that will probably be pick 20 and I'd like to keep that and make sure as much youth as possible comes through. Maybe depending on the offer we should consider it. If GWS want to trade they can, if not that's where the psd has value.

The key is for him to say "Trade me to Melbourne". If he gets to come back to Melbourne for double he'd go to Geelong for it would be hard to spurn the money. Then we aren't trying to outbid other teams to GWS.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

Depends.

To play for the team you supported as a kid in your hometown is a strong pull.

I'm not sure I'd want to trade for him.

GWS would want too much.

And I don't think they'd let him go through the PSD because he wants away.

GWS would make an example of him like GC did with Caddy.

They'd use it as an opportunity to send a message that "you can leave, but it won't be easy and it'll cost the team you go to more than they want to pay."

Depends.

To play for the team you supported as a kid in your hometown is a strong pull.

I'm not sure I'd want to trade for him.

GWS would want too much.

And I don't think they'd let him go through the PSD because he wants away.

GWS would make an example of him like GC did with Caddy.

They'd use it as an opportunity to send a message that "you can leave, but it won't be easy and it'll cost the team you go to more than they want to pay."

The team he supported versus the team who wants to pay him double is a tough choice and he'll have to make that decision.

The other part is a bluff game. Do they really want to redraft someone who said I'm leaving?

Also, we can give up pick 20 compared to Geelongs ~15. Will Geelong want to trade a first rind pick? He is good but is he that good or that valuable to Geelong?

The team he supported versus the team who wants to pay him double is a tough choice and he'll have to make that decision.

The other part is a bluff game. Do they really want to redraft someone who said I'm leaving?

Also, we can give up pick 20 compared to Geelongs ~15. Will Geelong want to trade a first rind pick? He is good but is he that good or that valuable to Geelong?

The one thing that would give me concern if I was Geelong would be our spine at the moment is Lonergan, Taylor +/- Rivers, Hawkins, Pods plus plenty of rucks. Of course Vardy can also play as a key forward but you wouldn't want to enter a season with him as your main man forward.

Down back Mitch Brown is their future and he's only achieved mix results but again hasn't had a long period of footy there. Up forward it's mainly Vardy or Josh Walker who is a bit of a lumbering/second ruck type or an undersized Shane Kersten.

So they aren't in dire need but I also think they'd love a first round pick on a tall if the right one was there.

They are absolutely flush with quality flankers but I think they would like a Taylor Adams. There current centre square set up is mainly Kelly, Johnson, Selwood with one youngster either Horlin-Smith or Caddy plus flanker/outside types like Christensen, Duncan etc. As Kelly and Johnson go I think they'd like the combination that Selwood, Horlin-Smith, Caddy, Taylor Adams bring along with Christensen and Duncan moving to more time in the midfield.

I think they'd have to weigh up whether Adams is really the best prospect and gives them a really enticing inside midfield (which is still the benchmark of any team) for the next decade or whether the potential of the best available including the best tall gives them.

• Like 1

Jamar is worthless at the trade table.

If we wanted Tay Adams, GWS would be asking for Frawley, Garland or Howe.

No chance.

PSD if he wants to come to us, GWS will not draft him back and waste 1st pick in PSD. They will use a lot of their salary cap up on Buddy.

Looking at trade targets, I'd be targeting a 3rd round pick for Leroy Jetta, Daniel Cross or Harry Cunningham.

None will set the world on fire, but have mature bodies, experience and can fill a role until young players have developed to fill it.

I know Jetta & Cunningham seem lacklustre, but I don't think too many were impressed by the idea of Monfries at Port either, and that's been a win for them.

Jamar is worthless at the trade table.

If we wanted Tay Adams, GWS would be asking for Frawley, Garland or Howe.

No chance.

I'd do it for Howe in a heartbeat

• Like 2

Looking at trade targets, I'd be targeting a 3rd round pick for Leroy Jetta, Daniel Cross or Harry Cunningham.

None will set the world on fire, but have mature bodies, experience and can fill a role until young players have developed to fill it.

I know Jetta & Cunningham seem lacklustre, but I don't think too many were impressed by the idea of Monfries at Port either, and that's been a win for them.

Good choices. I think cross would be a very capable player. Like you say, he isn't a world beater any more, but he will put in for the club. Leroy jetta is a very unusual player, each year he comes in and looks like he has taken the next step, but after 4 or 5 games he falls back to that lackadaisical approach that has ultimately seen him passed by Dempsey, winderlich, zaharakis etc.

I've been thinking these past few weeks that bernie vince just might be a bloke looking for a change, even though his farming family is located north of Adelaide and he is fairly close to them.

No way...

Hi rjay.

I'd do it because Howe doesn't look like he is developing much as a mid, doesn't play back well because his attention and manning up sucks and will be one of five marking forwards next year. He doesn't play the crumbling role at all and fades out of games completely.

His speccies are good but I'd trade the odd speccy for a good mid without feeling much regret.

• Like 3

Howe is pumped up by media and supporters and his lack of defense has been ignored. I wonder if he is a bad example to other young players. I love his speccies but he is a one trick pony for some-one who is supposed to be very fit.

• Like 2

Hi rjay.

I'd do it because Howe doesn't look like he is developing much as a mid, doesn't play back well because his attention and manning up sucks and will be one of five marking forwards next year. He doesn't play the crumbling role at all and fades out of games completely.

His speccies are good but I'd trade the odd speccy for a good mid without feeling much regret.

Howe is pumped up by media and supporters and his lack of defense has been ignored. I wonder if he is a bad example to other young players. I love his speccies but he is a one trick pony for some-one who is supposed to be very fit.

I seem to recall Howe was praised by many on here early on in his career (lol, what was that like a season and a half ago?) for his defensive efforts. I haven't had the chance to attend recent games because of work, but has he perhaps been given more of a licence to be an attacking player since the departure of Neeld?

I wouldn't be so flippant about moving Howe on as he is quite clearly in our most talented handful of players. We should be adding to the talent we have, not trading one out and one in. It's also interesting to note that his 3 best games were also in some of our heaviest defeats against Essendon, Gold Coast and Fremantle. Not sure if that means a whole lot. No doubt he needs to work on consistency and bridge the gap between his best and worst. He is a must keep for mine.

Postscript, he is also leading our goal kicker this year at 20, with our next closet on 11. Not bad for a high half forward who has spent most of his time up the ground this season. While he is not your typical crumbing forward, he is still quite adept when the ball is on the ground.

Hi rjay.

I understand why you are saying it but I think he still has a lot of upside, he is far from the fully developed player he will be. If we use him well he will give us a quick release from defence which is important to counter the defensive opposition tactics.