• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Furious

Choko

For me it truly goes back to 186. Where the board back flipped on its decision to get rid of Schwab. If Schwab was about to be sacked for meddling in FD matters and proving a divisive figure among the playing group - why then was he key in appointing Neeld and the restructuring of the FD?

Of course Schwab was going to favour the most inexperienced yet disciplinarian coach, of course he was going to set up a FD structure where key personnel were under his thumb. I'm furious that that decision lead us to having one of the worst performing teams in living memory and a world's worst practice FD setup.

Yep Jimmi you have nailed it and so succinctly. I have alluded to the same in previous posts but in a more clumsy way. If only 186 had not happened that day (and I was there at Skilled for the whole disaster, I had travelled down in a Cats spporters car so had no early escape) I suspect we would have dealt with the main problem then and there. Bailey would have served out his contract and we move on.

I note that Patrick Smith on SEN also points back to 186 as a turning point when CS was not sacked and it was all down hill from there. He says the players had gone to McClarty to voice their concerns about the interference by CS and ex coach CC. 186 overturned their case and CS was retained and looking for revenge. The rest is as you say CS playing a big role in chosing a drill Sargent for a coach with orders to sort out the senior playing group. Of course with no support from the CEO when things turned to Shyte. GL was party to all of this, perhaps too dumb to work out what was really playing out in the FD at MFC. Poor Jim if only he had been healthy and at the helm things may be so different!

I am putting all my faith in Jet Jackson to sort this mess out and good riddance to the heads that have to fall to sort out this mess. As someone who works in a medium sized organisation that operates successfully (as judged by our customers) I just don't see why it's so f&&*king difficult to operate a football club and be competitive on the field.

Once again a nice little rant BH but at no stage do you address the key fundamentals of why I am furious at this club...

Why do you feel the need to defend the Neeld decision in islolation when it's not even the only decision I am questioning? Who are you trying to convince me or yourself? You say it yourself in your own argument 'The goal posts moved'

That to me sums up my whole argument - this club has no idea how to handle employees and continues to be directionless - Why are you so offended that I am furious at this club? Why do you keep accepting decisoin made by people who have continually gotten things wrong?

Why are some people so naive as to think the ones making the decisions at the moment are the same people? Surely it's obvious that Jackson (the AFL) is making all of the decisions on behalf of the MFC.

The AFL will replace any persons not up to it and eventually we'll be up and running again. Very much the opposite of directionless at the moment. It's not going to be easy, but I'm bloody happy the AFL are running us instead of our own people at the moment. We're finally making sound, unemotional, professional decisions.

Schwab, McLardy and now Neeld. Gone. I'd say the AFL is probably responsible for all three departures.

Edited by AdamFarr

I am starting to have a man crush on Peter Jackson.

Finally someone is in charge who knows what the hell they are doing.

Keep up the Excellent work Peter.

Ahhh PJ....The next NEW New new messiah of the MFC....forget all those false gods. PJ will lead us to salvation....he is the real Messiah......

...isn't he?

Edited by Retrospective

If only 186 had not happened that day......Bailey would have served out his contract and we move on.

mate I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, but it is a rearviewmirror POV that absolutely NOBODY, and I mean Nobody was saying in the wake of 186. You could tell everybody they should have gotten out of the world trade centre on 9-11 but it means ziltch now desn't it? In any case, I don't know what purpose any of us are serving by looking to the past and allocating blame to individuals for their role in getting us where we are now. New CEO, new president, new coach, we try again.

mate I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, but it is a rearviewmirror POV that absolutely NOBODY, and I mean Nobody was saying in the wake of 186. You could tell everybody they should have gotten out of the world trade centre on 9-11 but it means ziltch now desn't it? In any case, I don't know what purpose any of us are serving by looking to the past and allocating blame to individuals for their role in getting us where we are now. New CEO, new president, new coach, we try again.

Sorry mate but I was and so were a few others. I was saying it before the Geelong game, sometimes you do need to look at the past to learn from it. At AGM's our board were determined to take the stance you have just posted, focus on the future the past is done. Well it wasn't and it has continually come back to bite us on the bum. There are still some board members that must go, one in particular who was known as a big Schwab supporter and needs to be held responsible for his part in the goings on post the Geelong debacle.

Yep Jimmi you have nailed it and so succinctly. I have alluded to the same in previous posts but in a more clumsy way. If only 186 had not happened that day (and I was there at Skilled for the whole disaster, I had travelled down in a Cats spporters car so had no early escape) I suspect we would have dealt with the main problem then and there. Bailey would have served out his contract and we move on.

I note that Patrick Smith on SEN also points back to 186 as a turning point when CS was not sacked and it was all down hill from there. He says the players had gone to McClarty to voice their concerns about the interference by CS and ex coach CC. 186 overturned their case and CS was retained and looking for revenge. The rest is as you say CS playing a big role in chosing a drill Sargent for a coach with orders to sort out the senior playing group. Of course with no support from the CEO when things turned to Shyte. GL was party to all of this, perhaps too dumb to work out what was really playing out in the FD at MFC. Poor Jim if only he had been healthy and at the helm things may be so different!

I am putting all my faith in Jet Jackson to sort this mess out and good riddance to the heads that have to fall to sort out this mess. As someone who works in a medium sized organisation that operates successfully (as judged by our customers) I just don't see why it's so f&&*king difficult to operate a football club and be competitive on the field.

Cameron Schwab ruined us. He is a disgrace.

Instead of giving him,a payout we should be suing him

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 1

Cameron Schwab ruined us. He is a disgrace.

Instead of giving him,a payout we should be suing him

The Board re-hired him.

And they are 'meeting their maker' now so to speak.

There is no need for public executions.

Let's look forward.

Why are some people so naive as to think the ones making the decisions at the moment are the same people? Surely it's obvious that Jackson (the AFL) is making all of the decisions on behalf of the MFC.

The AFL will replace any persons not up to it and eventually we'll be up and running again. Very much the opposite of directionless at the moment. It's not going to be easy, but I'm bloody happy the AFL are running us instead of our own people at the moment. We're finally making sound, unemotional, professional decisions.

Schwab, McLardy and now Neeld. Gone. I'd say the AFL is probably responsible for all three departures.

I've previously mentioned prior administrations to the current one Adam - Why are people so nieve?

I guess your happy with the club now being an AFL franchise, 2 more wasted years of development of the team, Foundation heros kindy donated to the club now blown down the toilet

All is rosy

I don't solely blame this board - but who can trust any decision coming out of this club? No vision, no accountability and no football brains - you keep looking short term Adam

Great movie - faceoff - and I do enjoy your replies as I like Kate Upton

But overall you've lacked any real quality BH

I don't value your opinion when it comes to rating quality, but it's probably your only shot at responding.

You asked me why you couldn't be furious with the administration. And you did this despite me saying they'd been "hopeless" and after I'd said "go ahead, knock yourself out". Clearly I took no umbrage whatsoever in you being annoyed with the Board and admin's mistakes, which was why I found your question so amusing. It was a maniacal question.

Let me make it clear. I have no interest in your emotions. I'm not invested in your emotions. Be as annoyed as you like with whomever you please. I don't C.A.R.E.

Hopefully you now fully understand my position.

Edited by Ben-Hur

I don't value your opinion when it comes to rating quality, but it's probably your only shot at responding.

You asked me why I'm annoyed that your furious at the administration. And you did this despite me saying they'd been "hopeless" and after I'd said "go ahead, knock yourself out". Clearly I took no umbrage whatsoever in you being annoyed with the Board and admins mistakes, which was why I found your question so amusing. It was a maniacal question.

Let me make it clear. I have no interest in your emotions. I'm not invested in your emotions. Be as annoyed as you like with whomever you please. I don't C.A.R.E.

Hopefully you now fully understand my position.

All fair and well

But you attacked my opinion from the outset and wanted to discuss the Neeld situation solely. You didn't even address the greater picture

So why can't I be furious with the administration of this club? Why reply if you can't answer it? Afterall this is what this thread is about

Your inability to answer this is embarrassing to you - and hence why I've pointed out your Neeld centric comments are a waste of time

Thanks for playing

I'll make this simple for you BH and others. NOTE I am not picking on Don solely, Schwab and others played their hands - but for simplicity I will refer to it as McLardys administration.

How is acceptable at any level of business that a board that appointed Neeld sack him within 18 months and the majority of those responsible for that termination remain in charge> It is a clear failure of the management of the club.

It's not about the decision itself its about the lack of accountability and clear ineffectiveness of the board to make correct and reasonable decisions. it's not the decision to sack Neeld - it's the clear failure at board level when they appointed him and failed to adequately support him and then waste 2 years of time and MFC money kindly donated by members and the Foundation of Heros

At no stage do you address any of this in your replies BH - you say you daon't care for my opinion buy you keep replying to correct it haha taking the high ground what a joke

Edited by Unleash Hell

I like how they do it before the St. Kilda game. We are likely to be somewhat competitive against them regardless of our coach.

They could have at least allowed Neeld the dignity of being removed before playing one of the stronger teams.

Neeld had had his turn - his dignity was not the issue.

All fair and well

But you attacked my opinion from the outset and wanted to discuss the Neeld situation solely. You didn't even address the greater picture

So why can't I be furious with the administration of this club? Why reply if you can't answer it? Afterall this is what this thread is about

Your inability to answer this is embarrassing to you - and hence why I've pointed out your Neeld centric comments are a waste of time

Thanks for playing

I'll make this simple for you BH and others. NOTE I am not picking on Don solely, Schwab and others played their hands - but for simplicity I will refer to it as McLardys administration.

How is acceptable at any level of business that a board that appointed Neeld sack him within 18 months and the majority of those responsible for that termination remain in charge> It is a clear failure of the management of the club.

It's not about the decision itself its about the lack of accountability and clear ineffectiveness of the board to make correct and reasonable decisions

I have to tread carefully, as seemingly Mr Land doesn't need much reason to provide me with vacation destinations.

I didn't talk about Admin, because everyone knows they've been a monumental disaster. Everyone knows that Schwab was an autocrat that meddled and had no idea of the right chains of command. Everyone knows that Connolly is a funny, but nasty little man. Everyone knows the Board dropped the ball when Stynes was sick. We now know that McLardy wasn't up to the job and handled things poorly. Some before others, and I don't mean me. Put simply, you're annoyed by the same frigging things we're all annoyed about. But most of us don't jump up and down and say "Why can't I be furious for what the administration has done ?". You sound like an attention seeking git with a limited IQ. And I mean that in the nicest possible way :)

I only brought up Neeld, because you asserted he told the Board when he was first appointed that we needed a rebuild. I pointed out to you that that was rot. I didn't discuss the admin part of the question for the aforementioned reasons. You were just having a tantrum and regurgitating what has been discussed ad nauseum.

I hope my position is finally clear.

• Like 1

All fair and well

Thanks for playing

It's not about the decision itself its about the lack of accountability and clear ineffectiveness of the board to make correct and reasonable decisions

At no stage do you address any of this in your replies BH - and you call me the arrogant one haha again thanks for playing

Nobody is denying your right to be furious about the many, many, many, many, many failures of the Club, the Board, the administration, the boot studder, the guy strolling past AAMI Park on the wrong day, but the Coach has gone, the Board is in the middle of a shake up, the team is playing on Saturday, the AFL think we have a plan in place.......

.do you think you have a monopoly om being furious about what has occurred in the last 6 years, never mind 2, no of course not, mistakes have been made, everybody acknowledges that, but there has also been some good come out of the storm as well.

Up to now the score is 2 coaches, 1 CEO and 2 Board members who have paid for those mistakes, that not enough accountability for you?

Move on, I like what Peter Jackson has said, I like what Neil Craig has said, looking forward to footy on Saturday without a sense that we will be headline news everywhere the following week, looking forward to what comes out of the reviews going on etc etc...........................the trait amongst some Melbourne supporters to continually look over their shoulder at the past and not let it go baffles me

Edited by Satyriconhome

Yep. The fact is that we've fired our last two coaches for simply doing what they were told. Disgraceful!

Bailey is a very different case, but nobody ever told Neeld to take us backwards and make us lose by an average of 10 goals each and every week.

You're delusional if you think this, and you're not looking at the biggest picture if sacking Neeld makes you furious.

We are at rock bottom. You think a coach who can't get his team to win games of football is in a tenable position?

Listen carefully to Jackson and you'll see why Neeld had to go. The people who appointed him also have to go, and in fact, most of them already have.

Just because they f'ed up royally, doesn't mean we as a club should apologise for trying to stop the rot.

• Like 3

The Board re-hired him.

Let's look forward.

Maybe we should present him with a gold watch for his contribution to the MFC, he deserves everything that comes his way, I'm sure you will give him a pat on the back next time you get the opportunity , FMD.

I have to tread carefully, as seemingly Mr Land doesn't need much reason to provide me with vacation destinations.

I didn't talk about Admin, because everyone knows they've been a monumental disaster. Everyone knows that Schwab was an autocrat that meddled and had no idea of the right chains of command. Everyone knows that Connolly is a funny, but nasty little man. Everyone knows the Board dropped the ball when Stynes was sick. We now know that McLardy wasn't up to the job and handled things poorly. Some before others, and I don't mean me. Put simply, you're annoyed by the same frigging things we're all annoyed about. But most of us don't jump up and down and say "Why can't I be furious for what the administration has done ?". You sound like an attention seeking git with a limited IQ. And I mean that in the nicest possible way :)

I only brought up Neeld, because you asserted he told the Board when he was first appointed that we needed a rebuild. I pointed out to you that that was rot. I didn't discuss the admin part of the question for the aforementioned reasons. You were just having a tantrum and regurgitating what has been discussed ad nauseum.

I hope my position is finally clear.

Cool story bro

So you've wasted my time over 2 days to tell me you don't want to talk about the admin - but you're happy to trust the decisions form the club even though the majority of the decisions makers are the same that hired Neeld

Haha Again thanks for playing - at least you have entertained me even if you can't answer the question

Show me your superior intelligence again and post some more of those gifs - I actually pay half wits to do that for me

Edited by Unleash Hell

.do you think you have a monopoly om being furious about what has occurred in the last 6 years, never mind 2, no of course not, mistakes have been made, everybody acknowledges that, but there has also been some good come out of the storm as well.

Alright cool I;ll make sure I am in the right thread next time

When I posted I was commenting directly to BH but feel free to tell me I wasn't - I don't mean to be rude but this is a thread about being frustrated with the Administration of the club isn't it?

Edited by Unleash Hell

I've previously mentioned prior administrations to the current one Adam - Why are people so nieve?

I guess your happy with the club now being an AFL franchise, 2 more wasted years of development of the team, Foundation heros kindy donated to the club now blown down the toilet

All is rosy

I don't solely blame this board - but who can trust any decision coming out of this club? No vision, no accountability and no football brains - you keep looking short term Adam

Of course I'm not happy wasting two years of potential development. I'm on record as bemoaning the wastage of money by this current board. I'm not looking short term at all. If anything, you are. We won't be AFL run once we get our stuff together and can stand on our own two feet again. I have a vision and belief in the AFL's ability to turn our club around.

Ahhh PJ....The next NEW New new messiah of the MFC....forget all those false gods. PJ will lead us to salvation....he is the real Messiah......

...isn't he?

You are so right he will be my God for at least the next 18 months lol

The Board re-hired him.

Let's look forward.

Can't we have a little public execution or two?

Just for old times sake

Move on, I like what Peter Jackson has said, I like what Neil Craig has said, looking forward to footy on Saturday without a sense that we will be headline news everywhere the following week, looking forward to what comes out of the reviews going on etc etc...........................the trait amongst some Melbourne supporters to continually look over their shoulder at the past and not let it go baffles me

No need to be baffled really. In case you haven't noticed there is a battle looming for power and control at the top of the club. It's in the interests of some to take advantage of what's happened and even magnify the faults of others to score points and support so they can win that battle.