If we gain a priority pick what do we do!!!

Dee1987

You are always going to have very good prospects in the draft but the problem is when we draft them their prospects shatter.

I think I remember hearing this is a top heavy draft - if so that will increase the value of our priority pick.

If we where to focus on the draft we would need to land some big fish in Free Agency (definitely some mids)

Yeah, i'm sure Roos would have a few in mind, i wouldn't mind dealing pick 3 to Gws for Adams and pick 10, Adams and Crouch would be great gets there,

Pick 1 i think we will get a quality player and a first round pick offer for, would be a case of knowing what we're after there,

If we get the priority pick this and considering some rumours that are floating around here I believe this will be the great trade for our club

Pick 3 and MFC second round pick say 19 to WCE for Scott Selwood and Pick 7

Pick 7 to GWS for Taylor Adams

Pick 1 Tom Boyd, he is good, I know we need more midfielders but this guy is the best player in the draft. He adds security that if Clark doesn't recover or Hogan goes home we still have a gun key forward. If Clark recovers and Hogan stays the MFC has the most dangerous forward line in the AFL.

We add two quality mids plus another high quality tall, encourage Sylvia to go for a mid, Sylvia will get us band 3 after our second round say pick 20

Imagine a forward line

Kent Boyd Clark

Hogan Dawes Watts/Howe

The best thing about that forward line with the exception of Dawes the rest move extremely well.

If we can walk away from the trading and draft achieving has had a massive successful period.

• Like 1

Discussing the PP and it was suggested that the AFL won't let us get Boyd and that they could well give us the pick after ours, pick 3.

That makes sense as they clearly want to improve GWS. Also there would be less angst if we got 3 instead of 1.

It would certainly allow us to use 2 or 3 for trading and draft a top mid with the other.

The fact that this will be announced on Brownlow day does suggest we might be getting some help and that the AFL would prefer it to be the minor news story.

• Like 2

Discussing the PP and it was suggested that the AFL won't let us get Boyd and that they could well give us the pick after ours, pick 3.

That makes sense as they clearly want to improve GWS. Also there would be less angst if we got 3 instead of 1.

It would certainly allow us to use 2 or 3 for trading and draft a top mid with the other.

The fact that this will be announced on Brownlow day does suggest we might be getting some help and that the AFL would prefer it to be the minor news story.

Hmmm interesting if true.

I'd like to know how exactly angst from other clubs is lessened if we get pick 3 instead of 1... still means we push every other club down the draft by a pick apart from GWS.

If anything I would have thought that they could create a situation that is more palatable by forcing us to use the pick1 and trade with it, or create a mini-draft type of assistance.

Hmmm interesting if true.

I'd like to know how exactly angst from other clubs is lessened if we get pick 3 instead of 1... still means we push every other club down the draft by a pick apart from GWS.

If anything I would have thought that they could create a situation that is more palatable by forcing us to use the pick1 and trade with it, or create a mini-draft type of assistance.

I remember a couple of clubs complaining mainly because we'd be getting a key position talent, GWS and GCS have kinda taken most of them in recent years,

2 & 3 would be a good result though

even if you couldn't get a trade done Aish and whoever you took at 3 would be handy!

I remember a couple of clubs complaining mainly because we'd be getting a key position talent, GWS and GCS have kinda taken most of them in recent years,

2 & 3 would be a good result though

even if you couldn't get a trade done Aish and whoever you took at 3 would be handy!

We seem to be in agreement here.

The benefit of a PP should be focused on getting MFC competitive again quickly. To my perspective using that pick to grab an 18 yr old from the draft doesn't achieve that. Giving us a PP with the caveat that it needs to be traded out, or a mini-draft scenario where again we are to on trade that to other clubs for players not picks.. these are completely different, and could have an immediate impact.

Can you imagine the possibilities if pick 1 in the draft was effectively an auction that any of the clubs could obtain?

We seem to be in agreement here.

The benefit of a PP should be focused on getting MFC competitive again quickly. To my perspective using that pick to grab an 18 yr old from the draft doesn't achieve that. Giving us a PP with the caveat that it needs to be traded out, or a mini-draft scenario where again we are to on trade that to other clubs for players not picks.. these are completely different, and could have an immediate impact.

Can you imagine the possibilities if pick 1 in the draft was effectively an auction that any of the clubs could obtain?

Sure, my preference would also be to trade the picks, but not for someone who isn't worth it,

Pick 3 to GWS for Adams and pick 10 sounds good.

pick 10 to WCE for scott selwood sounds good

pick 2 to GCS for David Swallow and pick 23 maybe?

three quality mids for our PP all the right sort of age and type

then picks 20 and 23 gets us maybe Durmont and Dunstan who are both decent prospects

38 gets Zac Jones - speaks for itself really

Daniel Cross and Mav Wellar as delisted free agents

Midfield supercharge achieved.

• Like 3

Sure, my preference would also be to trade the picks, but not for someone who isn't worth it,

Pick 3 to GWS for Adams and pick 10 sounds good.

pick 10 to WCE for scott selwood sounds good

pick 2 to GCS for David Swallow and pick 23 maybe?

three quality mids for our PP all the right sort of age and type

then picks 20 and 23 gets us maybe Durmont and Dunstan who are both decent prospects

38 gets Zac Jones - speaks for itself really

Daniel Cross and Mav Wellar as delisted free agents

Midfield supercharge achieved.

Soon we shall have the best midfield in the league........ muhahaha!

390px-Mr_Burns_evil.giftumblr_mdiomgL2zK1rj491go1_500.gif

• Like 3

We are looking like charity cases if this happens...not something I feel comfortable with at all. We need to make the right development changes nescessary before asking for any more handouts!

Soon we shall have the best midfield in the league........ muhahaha!

390px-Mr_Burns_evil.giftumblr_mdiomgL2zK1rj491go1_500.gif

LIKE! LOL

We are looking like charity cases if this happens...not something I feel comfortable with at all. We need to make the right development changes nescessary before asking for any more handouts!

No, we look like a club that has won 2 matches this year with an average losing margin of over 10 goals. We look like a club that has won 6 matches in two years with 4 of these wins against Gold Coast and GWS. We look like a club that has falling memberships and match day attendances that play at a 100,000 capacity stadium.

In regards to priority picks we are no a charity we are an extremely bad football team that on our performances this year and last alone are in dire need for quality players.

• Like 2

IMO, we might end up with picks 1 and 3 rather than 2 and 10. Should that be the case, we should use pick 1 on Boyd and pick 3 on the best ready-to-go midfielder available.

• Like 1

If we get the priority pick this and considering some rumours that are floating around here I believe this will be the great trade for our club

Pick 3 and MFC second round pick say 19 to WCE for Scott Selwood and Pick 7

Pick 7 to GWS for Taylor Adams

Pick 1 Tom Boyd, he is good, I know we need more midfielders but this guy is the best player in the draft. He adds security that if Clark doesn't recover or Hogan goes home we still have a gun key forward. If Clark recovers and Hogan stays the MFC has the most dangerous forward line in the AFL.

We add two quality mids plus another high quality tall, encourage Sylvia to go for a mid, Sylvia will get us band 3 after our second round say pick 20

Imagine a forward line

Kent Boyd Clark

Hogan Dawes Watts/Howe

The best thing about that forward line with the exception of Dawes the rest move extremely well.

If we can walk away from the trading and draft achieving has had a massive successful period.

I like the way drdrake thinks! if we could pull off the scenario above and secure Boyd, Selwood and Adams, to augment Hogan, Watts, Viney Frawley, Garland, Trengove, Jones etc (not to mention Clark, Dawes and Howe) then we have a pretty good line up and a top 8 finish in 2014 is a very real possibility. Bring it on!

As badly as I would want this to happen I don't see the doggies parting ways.

Pick 1 for Tom Liberatore

That way doggies get their forward in Boyd they desperately need, we get a young mid talent who is a clearance machine.

Not sure if that's paying overs, but from the early signs Libba is showing in a bad side at the doggies, he is going to be a terrific player.

Im certain for no other reason then its the right thing our pp will be end of first round anything earlier is just not fare on the other 17 clubs that have managed their clubs better then ours yes we need help but its prooven draft picks in particular the earlier ones have not helped

i think we will be given a mid first round pick, around pick 9 or 10.

Just cant see us getting pick 1 , especially since we were fined for not tanking.

That makes absolutely no sense, HH.

We should get much more than a token end of first round draft pick.

This a club who with an easy draw only won 2 games and a percentage a little over 50%

Supporters are dropping off us at an alarming rate. Several of my group have lost interest and no longer go.

In 3 years we won't have a Club if this continues.

The Club is undergoing a massive rebuild on and off the field. We need all the help we can get!

• Like 1