Ridicule is our biggest problem

Dees2014

.....and of course, sacking Neeld today would prevent that right away???

No, it would just allow us to find someone new to get angry with.

(By the way I am not saying that Neeld is THE answer to our problems, just saying that yet another mid season sacking would send an awful message to any prospective coach who may be foolish or maybe adventurous enough to consider us as a long term career move. I don't think even Richmond or StKilda have sack four consecutive coaches mid season.)

This.

Maybe the pain we're feeling right now IS of change. We're so used to a [censored] weak administration cutting and running and looking for quick fixes, we're legitimately scared when they actually stick to their guns.

The MFC is changing - by NOT changing.

I'm glad you could work out what he meant Iv'a. I had no idea who this person gracing us with 'reasoned argument' was supposed to be. Didn't occur to me for a moment that he was referring to S'home.

As for people 'of your sort' maybe 2014 could have a look at your post on the Foundation Heroes thread. Personally, I dips me lid to people 'of your sort'.

It doesn't matter whether the poster is a Foundation Hero or a guy in the US who can't get to games, if they post what I consider to be a ridiculous argument, I will post why I think that. of course atop his pedestal will look down on me and gently abuse me

Joke's been around for ages. I've seen it with all sorts of soccer teams or olympic teams used. So this week it's us. Big deal.

There is a way to stop it though, if it really bothers people. We could maybe win a game or three, That might help.

• Like 1

(By the way I am not saying that Neeld is THE answer to our problems, just saying that yet another mid season sacking would send an awful message to any prospective coach who may be foolish or maybe adventurous enough to consider us as a long term career move. I don't think even Richmond or StKilda have sack four consecutive coaches mid season.)

Normally I would not agree with mid season sackings but this is dire! This is about saving what is left to save.

They (the board) have to act now.

In serious danger from what, King Kong is not real WYL it is an animatronic puppet.....don't expect to see it hanging from a light tower on Sunday....the club is not going to fold.........blind eye to what....I watch the on field performance, I can see what is going on, maybe a bit of patience is needed but unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen......

Iva, I have a job that requires me to run reports, which take eons, coz you are dealing with big numbers, gives me time to read, digest and answer if that is ok with you

i also watch what goes on on the field Satyriconhome and if you can see what's going on as a positive i rest my case.

The club is in trouble big time. Sooner we all realize it the sooner we all can start to turn it around.

i also watch what goes on on the field Satyriconhome and if you can see what's going on as a positive i rest my case.

The club is in trouble big time. Sooner we all realize it the sooner we all can start to turn it around.

WYL it can also be argued that this club has been in trouble for a long time. Neeld is trying to turn it around.

Neeld rebuilt the list and fixed the problem of no key forarwards (Clark and Dawes), has been left with poor list this year, drafted in new players to be ready next year (Toumpas, Hogan), tried to reduce the bad list by drafting in experienced aged players (Rodan, Byrnes) and as a result sacrificing short-term results for long-term results so we are not in this position again.

Mind you his approach to the seniors exacerbated this.

Its a matter of perception:

You want short-term results, will will sacrifice long-term results.

Neeld wants long-term results, which will sacrifice short-term results.

What is causing us to loose is our bad list... and guess what - there is nothing you can do to fix it now. No new coach can.

All we can do is wait till this national draft pick, which I'm sure Neeld/the club has already a strategy for and when Toumpas and Hogan come in next year.

Is it really worth $600k to get rid of him when the changes to our list has already been done?

I don't. Personally I like what he has done so far.

I think it's good forward thinking and a short amount of pain for long-term gain.

The ridicule has ceased in our office only to be replaced with pity

That's worse way way worse!!

The other teams supporters just look at me and say Geee sorry mate maybe they will improve I understand etc etc Cant stand it really>

You don't read or comprehend do you, I said I can see what is going on, I personally want us to be patient, unfortunately I don't think we will be.The club is not in trouble big time, you are exaggerating. How do you propose to turn it around.....no....let me guess.....sack everybody.....and get Paul Roos.......

You don't read or comprehend do you, I said I can see what is going on, I personally want us to be patient, unfortunately I don't think we will be.The club is not in trouble big time, you are exaggerating. How do you propose to turn it around.....no....let me guess.....sack everybody.....and get Paul Roos.......

and you would leave it the way it is would you?

What is your crowd prediction for QB Saty, after we are humiliated by Hawthorn?

How many will be there??

and you would leave it the way it is would you?

What is your crowd prediction for QB Saty, after we are humiliated by Hawthorn?

How many will be there??

so your giving up on us belting the living daylights out of the hawks?

and enjoying a 2nd win in a row on QB day

so your giving up on us belting the living daylights out of the hawks?

and enjoying a 2nd win in a row on QB day

"Sitting on a Cornflake...Waiting for the van to come...."

Crowd Prediction for QB if the Status Quo remains unchanged is what i asked Satyriconhome,

as he continues to tell me that i am just being negative & that in truth we are just going through a Rough Trot.

Normally I would agree with you. Unfortunately we have key players coming out of contract at seasons end and a number of players from other clubs in free agency. Normally we would be in a key position to snare them, but these are not normal times for us. In current circumstances we have nothing to offer our current players or potential ones. Not even hope - especially not hope.

This has to change and we desperately need a narrative which gives those people hope. Neeld cannot be part of that. The time for action is now.

If you're worried about ridicule, imagine being the basket-case club that sacked two consecutive coaches halfway through their contracts on the grounds that they were doing exactly what they were told to and it looked bad.

Personally, I think people need to worry less about appearances and more about substance. I don't give a crap if we look bad doing it, I want Neeld's mission to be completed.

• Like 1

Recidivist abuser - moi -probably when I was younger, but find it hard to rise to the occasion now..........but sarcastic maybe, condescending..ever so slightly......I just don't want you or some others (WYL) straining anything trying to debate with me...Dees2014 thank you for the defence, unfortunately the don't recognise it in themselves so you will receive it as well

Satyriconhome, I think the general problem others have with you is you write in a manner that screams out, "Im the smartest guy in the room".

The problem with that is that it is neither funny or promotes debate. Now, I'm sure you'll see this as fuel to go on another rant but that would reinforce my view that you try too hard to inflame and flex your oh so considerable IQ.

Just sayin.

Satyriconhome, I think the general problem others have with you is you write in a manner that screams out, "Im the smartest guy in the room".

The problem with that is that it is neither funny or promotes debate. Now, I'm sure you'll see this as fuel to go on another rant but that would reinforce my view that you try too hard to inflame and flex your oh so considerable IQ.

Just sayin.

It's also not true. I'm the smartest guy in the room, and don't you forget it. :)

Edited by RalphiusMaximus
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter whether the poster is a Foundation Hero or a guy in the US who can't get to games, if they post what I consider to be a ridiculous argument, I will post why I think that. of course atop his pedestal will look down on me and gently abuse me

Saty, obviously John Dee did not even read the posts, or did not understand them. Clearly we have a problem as I referred to before. All power to you for sticking to your guns.

The self satisfied complacency of some demon supporters on here simply amazes me.

Saty, obviously John Dee did not even read the posts, or did not understand them. Clearly we have a problem as I referred to before. All power to you for sticking to your guns.

The self satisfied complacency of some demon supporters on here simply amazes me.

Dees2014, you protest too much perhaps?

Don't really get that one sat. We are predicted to return to 5 mill debt. We can't win a game. Player dissatisfaction. Coach going to be sacked. Supporter unrest.

Everything's Rosie?

• Like 2

As a Western Demon I do get alot of sympathy from people once they know which team I support.

I don't want sympathy I WANT FEAR!

I want the MFC to give out 100+ defeats to other clubs!

I also want a few other thing but you will need to read my other posts for that.

Don't really get that one sat. We are predicted to return to 5 mill debt. We can't win a game. Player dissatisfaction. Coach going to be sacked. Supporter unrest.

Everything's Rosie?

Sorry been at a Club function tonight, it was really good but nobody will want to hear about that

IQ is 3 figures and unlike some first two digits are not 0, that is the point of my posts, said it before find it entertaining, which bit don't other posters get

Everything's Rosie?

I spoke to Nathan Jones tonight, he is not dissatisfied, how do we know the coach is going to be sacked, oh that's right, some journalist said so..ho hum, the debt is projected, maybe not....crowd figure for QB about 50-60000

My posts aren't funny, now that's wounding, I could possibly sulk, well maybe not..rant, bile, spit, venom, etc etc

how's the weather tonight over your keyboard WYL? still cloudy and miserable...no sorry that's you...see I can stay on topic

Edited by Satyriconhome