• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Young midfielders/small forwards not getting game time

DeeSpencer

Where's the leverage on Dal Santo besides cash? I mean the saints won't cut him and at the saints he gets to play with Montagna, Steven, Armitage, Ross and with us it would be mainly Jones. He's less chance of getting tagged at the saints I'd say.

Banfield I think is worth a rookie nothing more. Just to have something different on our list and a bit of speed at training wouldn't hurt.

If there's another Matt Jones I'd take him otherwise a third round pick for Colyer/Savage or some of the others mentioned probably isn't a bad investment.

There isn't aside from cash. He is a free agent and I cant see them stacking money at him with where they're at.

We'd have to give up a first rounder for Prestia though. He's not a free agent, was a top 10 pick who has proved himself, far more so than say Caddy, so he will cost us. If our first pick is #2-3, our next is pick #20sih, which wouldn't be enough to get him. He'd be a great get, I agree, and I'd offer him everything we can, but I'm not sure it's a realistic option.

He will be, but it's highly doubtful he'd just walk out on the Gold Coast.

If he did, GWS would pick him up with PSD #1.

If he's keen enough to come back to melb and in particularly us then Gold Coast might be satisfied with pick 20 over nothing. And if he went in the PSD with the aim of heading to us I think GWS wouldn't be wise to take him. Like Tippett they didn't touch last year.

But it all depends how hard is life is playing with Ablett and a bunch of young stars

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-26/prestia-set-to-resign

"It was a bit of a temptation to come home but the boys have proven that they're definitely finals contenders, even maybe this year and definitely next year,"

"Especially because I started here [with the Suns], you don't want to start something and then leave when the boys are winning games and pushing for finals as well."

Looks like Prestia will stay. Can kiss that dream goodbye. This day just gets worse and worse!

Kyle Martin - Coll Rookie list

178cm 77kg

23 years old

Inside midfielder who likes a goal.

Kicked Six on the weekend for Coll VFL

From Frankston via local footy at Noble Park

Would be a tough ask to get a guy away from the pies when he's come from a year in the VFL straight to their rookie list ie. his career progression is still on the up, its not like he's had to stall at this stage

But if he was at Melbourne he'd be undoubtedly getting a game now alongside a Matt Jones.

The master,

I like how your original list contains a host of midfielders because we have the talls covered if Clark and Dawes can get over injuries and get really fit.

A lot will depend on three things:

1) Who the new coach wants to keep - Watts, Sylvia and Frawley are our three most viable trade options because they are majorly talented and have underperformed and will be courted by other teams who are now eyeing us off as a dead carcass they can prey on. Our new coach may feel they can transform them and hopefully has enough charisma to convince them to stay.

2) Will the AFL give us a sympathy concession pick - meaning we could have two picks in top five. I'd be happy if they water down our concession pick to an end of first rounder beacuse that pick doesn't come with such connotations of charity and pressure to perform on player is not so great.

3) Whether we have enough money to pay 100 per cent of cap and therefore the ability to go after any out-of-contract player - assuming a player is willing to take the risk to come to us, we will have to pay top dollar for a decent midfielder.

Personally I think our aim should be to get two quality young midfielders - one via pick 2 or 3 (Aish or Billings etc) and the other via trade of our second round pick (eg: Mitchell).

Then the rest of the draft can be about getting four or five more strong-bodied midfield types before taking a couple of exploratory talls late in draft.

Agree with you that we have about 10 delistings on way and you can add Jetta, Taggert and Fitzpatrick to your possibles.

Liam Anthony (NMFC) ... offer 3-yr contract and trade for Daniel Nicholson

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Shane Savage (Hawks) ... offer 3-year contract and pick #38 trade

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

Dylan Shiel (GWS) ... offer a 4-year contract and pick #2 trade

Dion Prestia (Suns) ... offer a 3-year contract and pick #20 trade

PLUS offer Worsfold a 4-year contract to move from the Eagles.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-26/prestia-set-to-resign"It was a bit of a temptation to come home but the boys have proven that they're definitely finals contenders, even maybe this year and definitely next year,""Especially because I started here [with the Suns], you don't want to start something and then leave when the boys are winning games and pushing for finals as well."Looks like Prestia will stay. Can kiss that dream goodbye. This day just gets worse and worse!

This is why I believe people that think Gold Coast and GWS young guns will return to Vic in their droves are are way off the mark. Compounded by the fact the MFC are travelling so badly you would be absolutely dreaming if you thought we could entice on of these players to the club.

Big dollars won't even do it for us right now.

Liam Anthony (NMFC) ... offer 3-yr contract and trade for Daniel Nicholson

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Shane Savage (Hawks) ... offer 3-year contract and pick #38 trade

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

Dylan Shiel (GWS) ... offer a 4-year contract and pick #2 trade

Dion Prestia (Suns) ... offer a 3-year contract and pick #20 trade

PLUS offer Worsfold a 4-year contract to move from the Eagles.

I woild go after Savage, Jaensch and Riley from that group. Anthony another possible target. IMO Jaench and Svage would be the must gets. The other guys you listed I dont see as any better than what players we have and are being called on to be delisted.

There's this kid North have been developing at Werribee who gets a lot of possession, gets it inside 50, wins clearances, and can play through midfield or the wing. He's 22, so should start hitting his peak in a year or two.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-28/Gysberts-burns-in-Werribees-foxtel-cup-win

Wonder if we could trade one of our many key position fringe players for this much needed midfielder, maybe someone like Pedersen?

Oh wait.......

There's this kid North have been developing at Werribee who gets a lot of possession, gets it inside 50, wins clearances, and can play through midfield or the wing. He's 22, so should start hitting his peak in a year or two.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-28/Gysberts-burns-in-Werribees-foxtel-cup-win

Wonder if we could trade one of our many key position fringe players for this much needed midfielder, maybe someone like Pedersen?

Oh wait.......

Thanks for your smart ass contribution stuiey. Really mature.

Oh and using foxtel cup games for proof... really?

Thanks for your smart ass contribution stuiey. Really mature.

Oh and using foxtel cup games for proof... really?

yeah back off stuie

this place is for serious people not fun and games

1 hour detention picking up rubbish in the schoolyard

• Like 1

Geez be a bigger sook.

You've harped on and on about Gysberts. This isn't an anti Neeld thread this is a thread for people to nominate some names and debate them. Putting up Gysberts name is stupid and a waste of time. It's trolling a legitimate thread.

We need top class footballers not rookies and rejects, got plenty of those

Yeah but where are we going to find them? We should invest our high end (first and second round) draft picks on top class kids and we should make a play at free agency if there is anyone available (which looks increasingly unlikely) but besides that there is a massive whole in our list for young midfielders and we will improve better if we can find some with some maturity who are ready to plug and play. Terlich and Matt Jones have become two of our more reliable players, that says a lot for the talent on our list and says that most likely guys not getting games at other clubs are far superior to the guys we have now.

You've harped on and on about Gysberts. This isn't an anti Neeld thread this is a thread for people to nominate some names and debate them. Putting up Gysberts name is stupid and a waste of time. It's trolling a legitimate thread.

Yeah but where are we going to find them? We should invest our high end (first and second round) draft picks on top class kids and we should make a play at free agency if there is anyone available (which looks increasingly unlikely) but besides that there is a massive whole in our list for young midfielders and we will improve better if we can find some with some maturity who are ready to plug and play. Terlich and Matt Jones have become two of our more reliable players, that says a lot for the talent on our list and says that most likely guys not getting games at other clubs are far superior to the guys we have now.

posted this before master

carlton were stuffed after being locked out of draft

they got a top recruiting officer and drafted out of trouble, some of thier picks that werent rated and raised eyebrows draft day, comments from shifter sheehan were very unusual about these picks

carrazzo had been at geel esse geel

robinson not rated top ten

yarram and garlett told they were trouble

kane lucas

tom bell

menzel, dont take him knee trouble

so you can draft if needed and this year a free mid

a traded mid

and draft mids

the big boy area should be covered for the next 3 years

it can be done and hopefully will be done

moving on ...spoke to a mate at work today who is a hawks supporter. He rates Shane Savage highly but he has been squeezed out by Breust and even can't crack a game with Rioli out inured. Given hawks have Hill & Anderson coming through, Hawks would jump at Savage for pick 38. Win/win.

• Like 1

moving on ...spoke to a mate at work today who is a hawks supporter. He rates Shane Savage highly but he has been squeezed out by Breust and even can't crack a game with Rioli out inured. Given hawks have Hill & Anderson coming through, Hawks would jump at Savage for pick 38. Win/win.

Savage played really well when Box Hill played Casey a couple of weeks ago. Haven't seen much of him apart from that, but looks decent.