• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION

Demonland

Dunn will be picking up Deledio, and Jetta is there for Nahas, with a swing into the forwards

LOL...

Looks like Deledio will be my Dreamteam Captain this week.

• Like 2

I'm slowly losing all positivity about the dees (not the club, the current directioon) and my faith in the coaching panel and their selection decisions is gone.

I simply do not understand how Sellar could remain in the side. He may have played a role last week but he was terrible. The same could be said of Nicholson (though i like his effort level). I'm also confused as why Magner didn't play last week and why Fitzy isn't getting his cance given his form in the VFL. However that to me is not the worst of it. Two decisions completely baffle me:

• Why has Toumpas come in this week not last week? I don't mind him as an in but jeez the VFL had a bye last week so he missed a game (and the potential development) and they had the chance to play him against younger opponents in a game that nominally we had a chance to win. Instead they bring him in to game where we are likely to be hammered (Richmond are $1.01 to win - unbackable) and he will be monstered. What sort of approach to player development is that?
  • Why Jetta this week not last week? Defies all logic. He had to come back last week. He played with great spirit and we needed hard bodies. Instead they effectively add a week to his two week suspension and he couldn't even play VFL. Crazy stuff
Edited by binman
  • Like 1

Sellar wasn't the worst, but he wasn't one of the best either. I count at least ten players who played better than him last week.

Shyte !! On your count he must have been really BAAAAAD !!!! (to be rated 11th in that p/weak performance)

• Like 1

So we continually allow Nicholson to miss his targets by 5 metres, and thats OK? His mediocre disposal and lack of awareness is appaling, he wouldnt get a game at GWS at the moment, yet we continually endorse his ordinariness with repeated selection.

Tapscott had 7 posessions and didnt score playing as a forward last week, love to know how he figured anywhere near our best.

And I agree that Bail should be dropped, 8 lousy disposals at 50% efficiency was a very poor outing

Geez Let's face it... You don't have to be much good to figure "anywhere near our best"........... 7 or 8 disposals would put you near the top wouldn't it ?? (Sadly)

Agree give him another 3 years..

After all it took Jamar 8 before he played a decent one.

Still waiting for Sylvia after 10yrs

whatever else you may think of Sylvia You have a very short memory ... He has put in his fair share of good games over the period you are referring to !! and as for Jamar, Ruckmen ALWAYS on the average,mature later than midfielders......

I'm slowly losing all positivity about the dees (not the club, the current directioon) and my faith in the coaching panel and their selection decisions is gone.

I simply do not understand how Sellar could remain in the side. He may have played a role last week but he was terrible. The same could be said of Nicholson (though i like his effort level). I'm also confused as why Magner didn't play last week and why Fitzy isn't getting his cance given his form in the VFL. However that to me is not the worst of it. Two decisions completely baffle me:

• Why has Toumpas come in this week not last week? I don't mind him as an in but jeez the VFL had a bye last week so he missed a game (and the potential development) and they had the chance to play him against younger opponents in a game that nominally we had a chance to win. Instead they bring him in to game where we are likely to be hammered (Richmond are $1.01 to win - unbackable) and he will be monstered. What sort of approach to player development is that?
  • Why Jetta this week not last week? Defies all logic. He had to come back last week. He played with great spirit and we needed hard bodies. Instead they effectively add a week to his two week suspension and he couldn't even play VFL. Crazy stuff

Not attempting to be a smart A, but wasn't Magner only promoted to the Senior list this week ???

No... I've seen worse .... the time Glenn Giles got a game! and incidently Magner's pace is about the same!!

Not disputing his endeavour .. but skills average and who can forget him not making the distance for a deliberate shot on goal from 30 m out??

Toumpas IN?? on what Form??

Gee we are clutching at straws

Toumpas showed good form at Casey, and besides with him its all about development. So when you're a 4th pick and you've played a good un' in the VFL he should be rewarded with a kick at AFL. He was also selected because he's got nice skills, and god knows we need some of that.

Love that Magner has been selected. I don't care if he's the slowest man in the league. As long as he gets to the stoppages and bullocks his way towards the ball, then he's done enough for me. We need muscle.

I'm not a Sellar fan and am surprised he's still on our list, let alone getting a game. But, with Tom McDonald out, who else would you pick to play on Vickery? It seems to me Richmond have identified height in our backline as a potential area to exploit (why else play Stephenson...so Vickery can play forward), so I suspect Sellar is picked to counter that. Of course, if Vickery doesn't play, Sellar becomes a huge liability as there is no other obvious match up for him.

Toumpas showed good form at Casey, and besides with him its all about development. So when you're a 4th pick and you've played a good un' in the VFL he should be rewarded with a kick at AFL. He was also selected because he's got nice skills, and god knows we need some of that.

Love that Magner has been selected. I don't care if he's the slowest man in the league. As long as he gets to the stoppages and bullocks his way towards the ball, then he's done enough for me. We need muscle.

He's not even the slowest on our list. Surely Sellar has that title.

He's not even the slowest on our list. Surely Sellar has that title.

I was being a little sarcastic. My point is that he has limitations, in pace and skill, but he runs in hard and will be determined as all hell to make an impression. Count on him leading the tackle count and being high up the list in possessions by day's end.

I was being a little sarcastic. My point is that he has limitations, in pace and skill, but he runs in hard and will be determined as all hell to make an impression. Count on him leading the tackle count and being high up the list in possessions by day's end.

So was I. It was not intended to be a slight on Magner. I'm pleased he's been picked.

• Like 1

Not attempting to be a smart A, but wasn't Magner only promoted to the Senior list this week ???

Yes, but there was no reason he couldn't have been promoted last week as Grimes was already on the LTI. And he should have been given how poor our mid field is. Crazy stuff.

• Like 1

Sportsbet have the line @ a massive 75.5pts, ie Melbourne to lose by less than that margin. Not at all confident given the selected team, however the Tiges do have a history of choking in games they should smash.....worth a little flutter??

Sportsbet have the line @ a massive 75.5pts, ie Melbourne to lose by less than that margin. Not at all confident given the selected team, however the Tiges do have a history of choking in games they should smash.....worth a little flutter??

No.

• Like 3

Two of the best last week in Viney (clear best) and Sylvia go out.

Barring a miracle it will be Tiges by 100+, quite possibly Neeld's last game.

We say this every week it seems now and rightfully. I can't see him being sacked before the bye though. If they didn't sack him last week after that absolutely abysmal performance, he'll last to the bye.

We say this every week it seems now and rightfully. I can't see him being sacked before the bye though. If they didn't sack him last week after that absolutely abysmal performance, he'll last to the bye.

Someone said elsewhere ( I think it was rpfc ) with PJ on board nothing will happen until he has done a thorough review.

IMO the break in June is the most liable time if it is to happen before the end of 2013.

Right now It seems not to matter to me.

We have a very poor list and I doubt JC could get much more out of this lot.

So who cares who the coach is for the balance of 2013.

Changing the coach won't change the cattle.

Unfortunately 2013 is spent like most of the last 6-7 years.

We need 6 - 8 good senior players over 25 years in age.

They will only come via the draft at years end ( where from I have no idea ).

Until we get an improved list we are not going anywhere fast.

Jimmy T should not be playing this week. Horrible decision. It sounds like he had a great game, but if you want to develop him properly, he has to show some consistency at Casey before gifting him a game. And I agree with binman, why was he not selected last week if the plan was to bring him straight back into the side? Perhaps Sylvia and Viney going out forced the decision? Still that doesn't make sense, as both Viney and Sylvia are inside mids. For the moment, Jimmy is an outsider with not enough bulk to influence a one-on-one contest.

Jimmy T should not be playing this week. Horrible decision. It sounds like he had a great game, but if you want to develop him properly, he has to show some consistency at Casey before gifting him a game. And I agree with binman, why was he not selected last week if the plan was to bring him straight back into the side? Perhaps Sylvia and Viney going out forced the decision? Still that doesn't make sense, as both Viney and Sylvia are inside mids. For the moment, Jimmy is an outsider with not enough bulk to influence a one-on-one contest.

Don't agree with "Great" IMO he was ok Good at best.

If he was great was he not played last week, he has just cooled his heels in the outer for two weeks

Someone said elsewhere ( I think it was rpfc ) with PJ on board nothing will happen until he has done a thorough review.

IMO the break in June is the most liable time if it is to happen before the end of 2013.

Right now It seems not to matter to me.

We have a very poor list and I doubt JC could get much more out of this lot.

So who cares who the coach is for the balance of 2013.

Changing the coach won't change the cattle.

Unfortunately 2013 is spent like most of the last 6-7 years.

We need 6 - 8 good senior players over 25 years in age.

They will only come via the draft at years end ( where from I have no idea ).

Until we get an improved list we are not going anywhere fast.

If it's not done by the bye, it'll be done before the season's out. The crowd levels are already being influenced horribly. It's a good point though about PJ's review. It makes sense.

• Like 1

Don't agree with "Great" IMO he was ok Good at best.

If he was great was he not played last week, he has just cooled his heels in the outer for two weeks

Fair enough. I didn't see his Port game. I was just going on what was reported. Let's just say he was good. He did collect mid 20 disposals and kick a goal IIRC.