How much more can you take as a supporter?

Mongrel Dee

Up until the last 6 weeks I gave the club the benefit of the doubt and supported Neeld and his team.

Not any more. Lack of experience is an excuse for not winning games, lack of effort is not. Yesterday was another example during the past 6 weeks where it was obvious that the playing group did not play for their coach.

My patience has run out, I currently have no respect for the people at this club who are charged with running it.

I have no respect for players who do not show effort and or run chase and tackle. I am done as a supporter with this current team until serious and urgent change is implemented.

Unfortunatley i can take plenty more of this rubbish, because im emotionally invested in the club and no amount of losing will change that!

• Like 12

I am in for the fight.
The only time my support will no longer be there is if the Melbourne Football Club is no longer around.
I love this club way to much to give up. I was born a Demon and I will die a Demon.
I will be there next week and every other week no matter how bad we get.
I will never become a bandwagon supporter.
It won't be easy but hopefully it will be worth it.

Go Dees.

Gee im in the same boat as the OP, how much [censored] can this basket case dish up before supporters turn their backs?

We are all emotionally attached but I am absolutely livid with what we are being put through.

personally they have 18 months left on this fd

and if some idiot buys my farm i will come up and devote 4 years service

saw a kid in a dee jumper yesterday, had to offer him a pie , he didnt take it understandable but was happy to see one kid at least forced to the footy to watch. weve got a small glimmer dont give up and dont pay attention to the press rubbish about to be dished either

were dees we never give up

• Like 1

I'm a member of both the Dees and Suns and yesterday was a new low for all of us but i'll be a Dee forever.

What pizzes me off the most is that the players just couldn't be bothered,38 friggin tackles,they don't want to play with any desire and desperation.Yes,Neeld has made mistakes but the attitude of the playing group is the no. 1 problem at our club,don't give me this "they're not playing for the coach rubbish" because whoever is coach,you play 100%,that is what you're employed to do and our players don't do it.Half our team yesterday are VFL standard at best.I saw the Dees v Suns game at Southport 2 months ago and the Suns played 100% effort and the Dees didn't give a stuff,it was our last hitout before round 1 against Port and I said to a mate,Port will pump us by 10 Goals,they pumped us by 13 goals.

Ablett,Selwood,Swan,Cothchin,Mitchell,Hodge don't need a coach to get them up,they are 100% self motivated before the first bounce,so I don't buy the "coach get get them up" rubbish,elite sports people get themselves up,no one else needs to motivate them.

Trengove,Grimes,Jamar,Clark,Watts,Toumpas,Hogan,maybe Blease & Tmac,Pick 2 & priority pick? (even Magner would be best 22 right now) will all be best 22 in 2014 that didn't play yesterday,so there is light at the end...

We had games where played like this under Daniher,Bailey,now Neeld and it will happen under the next coach,i guarantee it,different Demons teams but same culture.

Edited by Jack7
  • Like 1

Only an absolute brain dead, blind fool would say the players tried their hardest yesterday.

Neeld simply has no idea whatsoever, on how to get this group to work hard. He is such a nice fella, but cannot coach.

The players were; in the minds of most supporters, simply pathetically disinterested.

If the players wont try, change something! Don't believe the players when they say, " We are trying hard". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's crap. Garland has said publicly "We haven't lost faith in Neeld". What a load of absolute tripe. Stop saying this untrue bullcrap and get on with playing fully accountable hard ball. That's what Neeld promised, I repeat......... promised. So did the leadership group!!

To the players and coaches, we are not interested in you saying anymore "Stick with us" when you give us nil effort for your big money.

Change everything! Play ALL of the young listed players on the list. It will never, ever get any worse than what was dished up yesterday against oppposition that, at best, is potentially gunna be a poor to very average team in the short term.

Make the players accountable to the members. Make them front the media. Make them play for Casey ressies. Get rid of all the deadwood ASAP. There is a lot of it unfortunately.

• Like 1

To be honest, and I'll be blasted for this, I'm pretty much done for the year. I'm really happy that I don't get in on my membership next week as I'm definitely not putting myself through it, and then the week after is in Perth. 3 weeks is Hawthorn at the 'G, and then it's QBD. I'll probably go on QBD for tradition as much as anything, but the Hawthorn game...I got spat on and threatened last year and had a torrid time of it in the crowd. Coupled with the fact that I won't have a single comeback on-field I don't know that I can do it.

It's just getting too hard to put up with. I'm as emotionally invested as anyone, and to cop it week on week, year on year is really starting to take its toll. I really just want to take a step back and enjoy other things rather than keep getting beaten around by this pack of spuds.

To be honest, and I'll be blasted for this, I'm pretty much done for the year. I'm really happy that I don't get in on my membership next week as I'm definitely not putting myself through it, and then the week after is in Perth. 3 weeks is Hawthorn at the 'G, and then it's QBD. I'll probably go on QBD for tradition as much as anything, but the Hawthorn game...I got spat on and threatened last year and had a torrid time of it in the crowd. Coupled with the fact that I won't have a single comeback on-field I don't know that I can do it.

It's just getting too hard to put up with. I'm as emotionally invested as anyone, and to cop it week on week, year on year is really starting to take its toll. I really just want to take a step back and enjoy other things rather than keep getting beaten around by this pack of spuds.

Striker there is only one way to change all that.

New Blood on the inside.

When Jimmy stood up in 2008 things changed fast. If not for Cancer he would still be the man.

We need a new leader right now.

To be honest, and I'll be blasted for this, I'm pretty much done for the year.

I have no problem whatsoever with fans deciding enough is enough. I went last night but geez with all the other stuff on weekends (junior footy, basketball, visiting family etc etc) its hard to be able to justify prioritizing going to he footy with performances like yesterdays.

Which is one reason why i think the board (who approved Neelds approach) deserve heat. This rebuild of a rebuild and dour defensive footy stuff does not fly with a club as unsuccessful as the dees. Its fans want more and deserve some entertainment.

You can knock Bailey and say the team were poor defensively but at least some of our games were great to watch when it clicked. You at least went to games thinking 'if everything aligns we're a chance here'. Look at out next 3-4 games. We are going to get smashed.

• Like 1

Melbourne are my club and I'll stick by them, but emotionally I've detached myself from it all. (Something I learnt to do in the tanking years.)

I simply have no hopes or expectations for the team anymore. The losses don't hurt in the slightest. I won't be getting my hopes up until they give me something to get excited about.

Melbourne are my club and I'll stick by them, but emotionally I've detached myself from it all. (Something I learnt to do in the tanking years.)
I simply have no hopes or expectations for the team anymore. The losses don't hurt in the slightest. I won't be getting my hopes up until they give me something to get excited about.

its sad when the losses dont hurt anymore

hang in there mate its gotta improve

You won't be blasted mate, you are living it and it is raw stuff. I really hope there is someone smart enough to turn this around, it is the AFLs biggest challenge.

This. I couldn't make it to the game yesterday due to mother's day commitments down in gippsland, got home just as the game was starting and by half time, I wasn't even screaming at the TV anymore, I wasn't pulling my hair out or throwing the remote at the TV, I just got up and occupied myself around the house, with the game on in the background. I had no emotion at all towards the score or the players or their commitment I just felt let down and deflated. I will always support the MFC, continue to pay my membership each month but apart from the traditional games I always go to with friends and family I might just take a bit of a break from the MFC and remember that it's just a game before they break me anymore.

• Like 1

I love the club but definitely do not love this group of players, coaches and administrators. My level of support currently ends at paying for membership for the sake of survival. Until there is a massive culture shift my matchday support is finished. Since 186 I have felt more disconnected by the week and now there is nothing left but anger and resentment.

This. I couldn't make it to the game yesterday due to mother's day commitments down in gippsland, got home just as the game was starting and by half time, I wasn't even screaming at the TV anymore, I wasn't pulling my hair out or throwing the remote at the TV, I just got up and occupied myself around the house, with the game on in the background. I had no emotion at all towards the score or the players or their commitment I just felt let down and deflated. I will always support the MFC, continue to pay my membership each month but apart from the traditional games I always go to with friends and family I might just take a bit of a break from the MFC and remember that it's just a game before they break me anymore.

I know what you are saying.... except that you are torn because you don't WANT to.

I feel similarly, I have to detach myself from the MFC for sanity's sake, but FFS I want to be able to talk, live and breath the MFC through the season, but at the moment it hurts too much!

Unfortunatley i can take plenty more of this rubbish, because im emotionally invested in the club and no amount of losing will change that!

That's exactly right. I feel like a Captain going down with his ship, there is no way I'll be able to pull myself away from the club unless it goes all the way down and is dissolved.

It's a real pickle, we are doomed to be the butt of jokes forever and there is nothing we can do about it.

I can honestly say this is the worst i have felt as a Melbourne supporter since losing in the 2000 grand final, i wish it was as simple as just supporting a different team.

I don't really care anymore. Yesterday should have hurt. I just shrugged it off and went to bed. I think that's worse than being angry. When you are becoming irrelevant to actual passionate supporters, that's when situations like this get real dark.

• Like 3

Unfortunatley i can take plenty more of this rubbish, because im emotionally invested in the club and no amount of lo ing will change that!

Exactly what I was going to say. My loyalty and patience has been sorely tested and found to be bottomless, unfortunately for my mood each weekend.

That's exactly right. I feel like a Captain going down with his ship, there is no way I'll be able to pull myself away from the club unless it goes all the way down and is dissolved.

It's a real pickle, we are doomed to be the butt of jokes forever and there is nothing we can do about it.

Its funny though, Itjinking about yesterdays game makes me feel like crap but in two weeks time i'll put on my gurnsey and go for a few pre match pints at the Subi Hotel feeling pround to be a Dee's supporter in a sea of Purple and White (and green and red...).