• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Shake em up Ox

prymke19

If we were winning games, we would not even consider Darwin or Casey. This is just patchwork for despair.

Rubbish. It's part of getting part of a foothold in a growth corridor. For the initiative to thrive, we need the club to perform on field and get some success, clearly. Rome wasn't built in a day, hence the 30 year agreement with Casey.

If we were winning games, we would not even consider Darwin or Casey. This is just patchwork for despair.

If the MFC is too survive beyond this decade it needs a way bigger supporter base in Victoria than the current one.

Casey is ideal for that base.

I am not saying we don't need to win games and fast but need multiple strategies.

• Like 1

I had to come back one more time........I said congratulations are due................you really do need help don't you

gracious my arse.

keep pretending buddy.

Maybe go to training, I heard morale is good there.

I thought that this was an Ox thread - the last few pages have largely been devoted to guys having shots at each other about Casey and our supporter base: fair enough points but not in an Ox thread.

As I remember it with Jackovich, he hurt his back, as did Prymke & Garry Lyon, all within a short time of one another,,, 3 great players cut down...

It all seems to just happen to us...

....and as I recall Glen Lovett and Stephen Tingay too.

Check out Ox here,

Im sure Don will find a suitable role for him, cant wait for him to get involved, obviously something is wrong in our football department and nobody has answers.

I sincerely hope that whoever organises this stuff can get Ox down to not so much address the players but just talk with them about the passion and the challenges, before this weekend's game. A circuit breaker is desperately needed.

Edited by monoccular

How is getting $500k for playing Brisbane in Darwin cause for despair?

Or trying to develop a base of support in Casey?

Where are our new supporters going to come from?

Winning solves a great number of problems.

Making money from interstate games to the tune of half a million is not one of them - nor is having a region where we can build a relationship with.

Imagine having a winning team to show off in Casey - that kids in the area get to see regularly through clinics, training, and school visits.

I want to win too, but I am not so naive to think that that will solve the issues with our diminishing supporter base, or fiduciary issues.

• Like 2

you doubt, do you? Have you been out there? Have you spoken to the Casey members about how Melbourne treats them?

Melbourne told us they were going to engage with Casey & develop the area. well the only think I've read about developing the area is entertaining the business people of casey..

... and then we make the finals & Melbourne pulls its players out progressively for weeks, til the Casey team falls over in the Finals !

and the locals are livid...not to mention the rest of us.

... just another all take no give, they should have called it old Macdonalds farm, come a be shawn.

The players do regular school visits which focus on literacy and other important life skills.

The preseason inter-club game at Casey has been turned into a local family day.

They also have a preseason training session at Casey which includes a Christmas party aimed at families.

If you go to a training session at Casey, you can easily interact with players, coaches & officials.

I'm not a local, so I can't say if any of them are livid but I haven't heard that.

Chap understand your frustration with the team on the field will explain that in a minute, but the Club holds Open Training and Family days out there, I do know, been there.

As for finals, previous years we have had players falling to bits during they year and having to pull them out for ops etc ready for next year, saw the new way last week, Friday morning at Goschs, the VFL picked Melbourne players and Casey Players training together,and I mean training.....hence the result on Sunday........as I have said before....facts not rants....it is still a work in progress and you learn.....I asked Rory Taggert why the dual training and he said Footy Dept wants it that way when they can......

Family days, how long have you been around.. footy isn't reduced to family days.

footy has always been about being able to rub shoulders with your hero's & vice verca, players in contact with the supporter base, Especially @ VFL level !!!

& we all got really excited about the Demons setting up in Casey to develop the Area. couldn't wait for the Grandstand Eextension, & a chance for the club to build its supporter base with the Casey people...

... & so what happened,,, the MFC building was only attached as an addendum. only part of the Casey building, by way of trying to be as close the the Wing Area as possible, But Segregated !!!

shut the people out quick !!!

& then there was the NAB cup game..........

enough said.

You must have missed the articles about the school visits the players do in the area.. if that's not engaging the potential members of tomorrow then I don't know what is ...

family days & school visits,,, great.

what about looking after the supporters we have who have less than when we became attached to the bloody club.

its all very well being politically correct to get good press, & see the kiddies... great

but look after the supporters, you know, the ones who have invested most of their lives (over 50 Yrs) supporting this ungrateful club.. & not just members, all supporters....

# the quicker we have less board members who frolic about the MCC in suits,,, & get out into the outer amongst supporters on a Regular basis, then this club will learn to grow its support base again.

You asked for just one initiative... regardless of what you may like to imagine, Casey IS the fastest growing area around Melbourne and will have vast potential as a membership recruiting ground. As far as the Bentleigh Club goes, I have no idea of the figures, but I do recall many were becoming rather apoplectic over the potential loss to the club if we were to lose our gaming license as a result of the alleged tanking affair.

You asked for one initiative and I gave you two... regardless of your own personal opinion.

How many MFC memebers from casey have joined since we moved there

I dont know but we havent exactly set the south east on fire

We need a home base in Melbourne not in the far away burbs

You must have missed the articles about the school visits the players do in the area.. if that's not engaging the potential members of tomorrow then I don't know what is ...

.You don't know what IS?

Well I hope to Hell your Not on our Board then.

IMO the MFC has lost Touch with its GrassRoots Supporter Base. This isn't about money, its about the love for the club & its about Respect, or the lack of it for the supporters.

Rejuvenate the contact of the club with its supporter base,,, & see the growth, instead of witnessing the degradation.

I thought that this was an Ox thread - the last few pages have largely been devoted to guys having shots at each other about Casey and our supporter base: fair enough points but not in an Ox thread.

....and as I recall Glen Lovett and Stephen Tingay too.

I sincerely hope that whoever organises this stuff can get Ox down to not so much address the players but just talk with them about the passion and the challenges, before this weekend's game. A circuit breaker is desperately needed.

Its Not about Ox. the Ox is only in the media re the direction of the club,,,,, which is these comments Are about... the clubs lack of support to the original grass roots supporters

we need more sleeves rolled up type people about the Board, & less suits about the MCC.

the club needs to reEngage with all of Us.

Grapeviney is saying that the school visits, etc ... IS engaging to potential members of tomorrow....{rolling eyes}

I know what he's saying & he's trying to give the impression that that is enough... It isn't.

the club has lost contact with it's origins & supporter base,,, except the Northern Stand. 'they' have shut out the rest of us from what we had since we were Kids,,, & since the new stand was built.

the club has to look after it s older supporters & the kids will see this & appreciate it as the ways of the club.

.... but it seems the ways of the club are to get people addicted & then abandon them... & this is what they'll do to these kids as they grow. take their money & close the gates.

betrayal.

He was down at the club a couple of weeks back talking to the new boys. Great initiative from all concerned.

As was the support at training today.

Perhaps you could persuade them to set up in your backyard then you'll only have to get off your arse and move a few steps.

I have supported this club for 40+ years as well and never complained about commuting to games or training even though I live in the same far away burbs.

Fair dinkum this club has some whining bastards who aren't willing to put themselves out to support their team.

Harden up.

• Like 1

My son and I are Casey Members.

• Like 1

How is getting $500k for playing Brisbane in Darwin cause for despair?

Or trying to develop a base of support in Casey?

Where are our new supporters going to come from?

Winning solves a great number of problems.

Making money from interstate games to the tune of half a million is not one of them - nor is having a region where we can build a relationship with.

Imagine having a winning team to show off in Casey - that kids in the area get to see regularly through clinics, training, and school visits.

I want to win too, but I am not so naive to think that that will solve the issues with our diminishing supporter base, or fiduciary issues.

If our team could perform like Hawthorn for a period of time it would be skys the limits, theres that many Schools in our region, but the kids want to train with winners, they follow winners, whoever come up with the idea of breaking into Casey will be looked upon in years to come as the person that saved this club.

back to the subject - lets wait to see what the boys dish up tmrw. another weak performance without answers and ox should move straight into some sort of FD role.

TOO LATE - he needs to at very least meet and speak with the players this week, before Saturday.

TOO LATE - he needs to at very least meet and speak with the players this week, before Saturday.

Sounds like Neeld has promised improvement so for now it seems the best thing to do is trust him. But if goes pear shaped again this w/e then id hope Ox will get involved

The players do regular school visits which focus on literacy and other important life skills.

The preseason inter-club game at Casey has been turned into a local family day.

They also have a preseason training session at Casey which includes a Christmas party aimed at families.

If you go to a training session at Casey, you can easily interact with players, coaches & officials.

I'm not a local, so I can't say if any of them are livid but I haven't heard that.

I have, I've gotten about, & I've met & spoken to some locals & some Scorpion members.

They were not happy with what Melbourne has done to their club, as was Sandy in our last year or so.

How do you think a Casey, member or one of the locals coming down to support that club feels after attending nearly All games & heading strongly into finals, we start Pulling our players Out, year after year.

We have even Lost a couple of Coaches who were not happy with the ways of the dees. We lost one last year....

* Yeah thats the way to build a great Culture, walk all over people & teach the players that way... treat 'Em like doormats.