• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Shake em up Ox

prymke19

It would want to have been VERY damning given that he he was starring for us towards the end of 94 (including solid finals appearances) and went on to be a 4 x premiership player. He was a pretty wild fella in his early days, even according to his own accounts, but it would seem Norf and the Lions had no trouble getting the max out of him afterwards.

Rusty, from the stories I have heard it was never an option for him to stay at the Dee's after one incident. Good player but as you point out he was pretty wild in his early days and continued to be wild really until he got outta the AFL fishbowl and up to Brisbane.

Personally, its great to see Schwarz back down at the club, after RD1 I went and watched Demon Attack '94 and watching him play was something special.

I also like his comment about the current coaching hierarchy being given "autonomy" over the football department and not being accountable. Does anyone else feel that Neeld has come in and acted like Sir Alex Ferguson from day 1? I'm not against that style of management but to run a club in that way you need to earn the respect of your club & players.

Neeld clearly does not have his players respect and I would doubt he would have the clubs as well.

This has concerned me for a while as from stories I have heard from people connected to players have all had one consistent theme, that Neeld is a bit of a school yard bully in that he humiliates players in front of the team (massive no-no), has an 0 flexibility (his way or the highway), etc and based on what I have heard I feel that he demonstrates more of a Dictator type management style (which is the least effective of all management styles) which leads to nullifying peoples creative talent who work under you, reduces cohesion in the team and creates a gulf between management and staff.

Kinda matches what i saw on the weekend.

Anyhow, i hope that the Ox/past players/Neeld/Craig/someone can do something to instill confidence in the group.

• Like 2

Ox has enormous passion for MFC, and his story of turning adversity around both in his early life and from his gambling addiction shows the strength of character of the guy.

I am not sure if he has the business acumen to be President or a Board member, but sure as hell he could be a mentor for some of our "lost souls": he certainly wouldn't put up with [censored] excuses for underperformance.

So, even if only in an informal player welfare / mentoring rôle, BRING HIM ON.

• Like 3

Here's the audio of him speaking on SEN today. Make of it what you will.

Wouldn't mind Turfy down there either!

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/David-Schwarz-on-meeting-with-Don-McLardy/7588

Ox isn't going to shake anyone up. He's merely there to offer some assistance.

And if you ever see Turfy there we're in even bigger trouble! :lol: As much as it's nice to have 2 Demon boys on SEN, Turfy's said on many occasions he would never consider playing a role at the club and doesn't hold any sway down there. And personally i wouldn't like to see him within a bull's roar of the place, not in any official role anyway....but that's just me. Some grudges just don't get any more mellow, no matter how much water passes

Can people just forget about Gary Lyon - its doing my head in. He's not interested and the help he's given us already has resulted in 1 failed coaching experiment and another that looks destined for the toilet. The more we ask people for help that don't have the time or simply do not want to help the more desperate and silly we look. We need people who have the time to devote to the club and will do a great job, not just an ex player for name sake!

Garry who?? :huh:

- from link provided. J.Niall article.

Good god........battle stations. Hold on people.

I hope that's a mis quote. If it isn't then the Ox better better be ready to take over the reigns from DM. Otherwise it would be best for him to just butt out IMO. Another G Lyon hit and run job!!?? The last thing this flailing club needs atm is a part time ring in advisor who wont be there to be held accountable after any recommendations he makes are (potentially) acted on.

Edited by Rusty Nails

What about David Neitz? Why is his name never mentioned as a possible candiate to do something cool for the club? Also they need James McDonald back... as midfield coach?

Love Ox he was the best player Ive seen in the red and blue... never forget the day at Telstra Dome he took out a boundary ump via a freo player (awesome memory haha)

I would love to see Neitz in the coaching box. Would love it!

Sometimes dee-luded, I'm not sure you believe what you are saying.

Martin Pike had to be moved on, no matter how good a player he was. I have heard a pretty damning story about what caused his departure from the club that I will not repeat here but the man himself, an

Cheers fellas. Got the picture. Although i'd still like to see some hard evidence. Only due to the fairy tale finish lol

Rusty, from the stories I have heard it was never an option for him to stay at the Dee's after one incident. Good player but as you point out he was pretty wild in his early days and continued to be wild really until he got outta the AFL fishbowl and up to Brisbane.

At least the Ox is keen to help GL should take note.

GL has tried to help the MFC more than 95% of past players.

May not have always been successful (which is most likely why he is not getting involved at the moment) but if you think he hasn't tried to help, your delusional.

• Like 1

I think it is fantastic that former players such as the ox, neeta etc have the passion for the club and want the best for it.

However passion is only part of the equation. At this moment in time we need people with experience and who have had success-whether it be in the coaching department, or administration.

I was at the 'G' many years ago when the ox took a fantastic mark, did a pirouette out of the pack and kicked a great goal. His talent was undeniable, such a pity his career was cut short by horrific knee injuries.

For all those who will think I am 'getting stuck into him' I AM NOT, my point is ex players (and I am not singling out the ox, he is just an example) whether they are from the dees or another club also have to have some management skills, people skills etc to be successful and to guide the players.

I am unsure if this has been touched on. Has the Ox offered his services like this prior to Schwab resigning/sacked from the club, there is nothing negative towards Ox on this post.

I find it interesting that Ox has offered his services no more than 24 hours post Schwab resigning/sacked.

I am unsure if this has been touched on. Has the Ox offered his services like this prior to Schwab resigning/sacked from the club, there is nothing negative towards Ox on this post.

I find it interesting that Ox has offered his services no more than 24 hours post Schwab resigning/sacked.

Nothing like a new conspiracy theory,.........the Ox has an addictive personality so hopefully he will be able to put this aside and be of assistance to the Club.......new Messiah, not really.....as another poster (ihatesnakes) said if he has an appropriate skillset then yes if he is willing, put him to work.................. we have a much maligned in the later stages of his career ex player who is already working at the Club and took on another role, but there has not been a song and dance.....Russell Robertson, utilising his "skills"

Edited by Satyriconhome

I dont know how to start a new poll. Can someone please do it for me. I dont know how to do it.

Poll title,

Should David Schwarz run for President?

Yes

No

Very much appreciated if someone could do this so we get an indication of numbers.

Personally, I vote Yes.

I dont know how to start a new poll. Can someone please do it for me. I dont know how to do it.

Poll title,

Should David Schwarz run for President?

Yes

No

Very much appreciated if someone could do this so we get an indication of numbers.

Personally, I vote Yes.

Are Melbourne are a club in crisis........are they still divisive....let's run a poll and find out......has Schwarz any experience whatsoever in business.......er no, but that's ok let's make him President of a Board that runs a big business.....figurehead........can we please keep the suggestions for President sensible............

Are Melbourne are a club in crisis........are they still divisive....let's run a poll and find out......has Schwarz any experience whatsoever in business.......er no, but that's ok let's make him President of a Board that runs a big business.....figurehead........can we please keep the suggestions for President sensible............

We utilize the board and CEo to run business matters.

The President is afigurehead that rallies support and give spirit to the club. A champion of the people.

thanks but no thanks satriconhome. and dont be afraid to look in the mirror.

The club is divided because morons have been running it.

Bailey over Sheedy

Neeld over Malthouse

Cook over Darling

Gysberts over Jetta

Moloney gone

Rivers for Byrnes

Schwab 3 year extension

Marone jumpers

White jumpers

china

tanking

So much for your business people. Give me Schwarz to lead the club. At least he aint a phony, he is a real dude who has fought his way thru major difficult situations. Just what we need.

And please keep the suggestions for president sensible, Satricon, you are another goose like Neeld.

He offerred before Schwab was sacked. Wouldn't read anything into timing.

If he can rally a few disaffected people behind the scenes and be helpful to any players who require some advice on how to get the most out of yourself then that is great.

I would hesitant about a possible Presidential run. He would have to be a puppet on the business side of things and I wonder how he will go with that.

McLardy should step aside when the right candidate emerges but I don't think that candidate has emerged yet.

• Like 1

In actual fact we have sacked the likes of Pike, Farmer, and others who were risk takers.... & our failing has been we're too conservative & go into our shells 2 the drop of a 20 cent piece.

We should forget about the all time favourites who have taken us nowhere, & look to the types we perennially crap on.... can I mention a few names we've rejected... Sheedy, Matthews, Pike, Farmer was frowned on, Schwarta was frowned on, Alan Jakovich was also frowned on but we couldn't do without him,...

We as a club have turned our back on many people who could have supplied the Energies & Spirit we Lack...

IMO its the Conservative set up North-MCG, that kill this club.

Don't know if this has been explained to you.......Farmer walked out when his contract expired....wanted to go back home......Big offer was made but rejected to go home.....Pike was a drunk but got over this when football career was in jepody.....Jackovic did a lower leg injury and went to the Dogs and played, I think 5 games, for them.........Don't let fact ruin a good story.....

We utilize the board and CEo to run business matters.

The President is afigurehead that rallies support and give spirit to the club. A champion of the people.

thanks but no thanks satriconhome. and dont be afraid to look in the mirror.

The club is divided because morons have been running it.

Bailey over Sheedy

Neeld over Malthouse

Cook over Darling

Gysberts over Jetta

Moloney gone

Rivers for Byrnes

Schwab 3 year extension

Marone jumpers

White jumpers

china

tanking

So much for your business people. Give me Schwarz to lead the club. At least he aint a phony, he is a real dude who has fought his way thru major difficult situations. Just what we need.

And please keep the suggestions for president sensible, Satricon, you are another goose like Neeld.

You could try getting my nickname right, sort of spoils your rant, the President needs to understand business, name me a Chairman of any business who is just a figurehead.......

Name calling as well, you are not Rangey's cousin are you..

Sheedy's record at GWS with a similarly experienced squad

Malthouse wasn't avaiable

Darling did not want to leave WA, get over it, why didn't any other club get him

Jetta was between drafts

Moloney's choice

River's choice

China was an AFL ininiative that we agree to take part it, so did Brisbane, so they are fools/gooses as well are they?

And your suggestion for the jumper, you like peuce?

Really, Schwarz is not a phony, based on your many conversations with him I suppose

• Like 1

As long as we get a Gun CEO The Ox could be a great choice as President, if he wants to do it.

Would be great for membership.

If Brayshaw can pull it off i have faith the Ox could do the same.

As long as he wants to do it.