• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

I understand UH, but as I said, I am not saying the issue is all down to Mark Neeld. I simply say, there is a serious problem which is deep seated within the club and it needs to be fixed and I for one do not want to wait for yet another end of year review.

As I said on another thread, I do not believe the playing list we have, including the midfield is as bad as our performances suggest. Something is very wrong, and it is incumbent on the administration to fix it now. Simply put, the players are not buying in. WHY????

All points in one direction..........

HT take a deep breath mate. We are all going through a lot of anguish with our football club and the sport we all love.

I will try and ease up on new threads but while on topic I simply cannot see any genuine improvement in the way this group play their football under Neeld.

I have enough oxygen Soidee, but thankyou for your concern.

In the meantime this thread will be merged with the "It's Time to go Neeld" thread.

As for genuine improvement: The likes of Howe, Evans for me have improved.

• Like 1

All points in one direction..........

I tend to agree.............. sadly

If what you guys are alluding to is true then this would be the second time in (2 or 3 years) the playing group 'has not played for the coach' - I've assumed I understand what you are saying

So if Neeld was employed to fix the culture of the MFC post Bailey (who had the same problem) - then why would you fire him before he has had a chance to do what he was hired for? Which is clean out the rabble and fix the culture

So for mine if what you are saying is true - and I am only assuming it is based on what you've said then it stinks of hypocrisy - fire a bloke who's been employed to do a job over 3 years, but hasn't in 1 year so we'll fire him anyway

Smells to me - this club smells bad

• Like 1

Lets look at what we have and forget those who left.

Whose idea was it to recruit Pederson, Byrnes and Rodan they contributed NOTHING? Whose idea was it to make Jack Trengove captain, the kid is struggling big time? Tommy Mac is being isolated down back by opposition clubs and has a horrible 2 weeks and Bleese and Mckenzie may as well not have been there. The footy dept has a lot to answer for and for Neeld to say he thought a 5 goal loss was OK makes me sick. They had nearly 40 shots at goal God help us if they had kicked straight

FFS We were bad on Sunday. Brisbane were pathetic but we were worse !!! WE HAVE to make a move NOW !! I am sick of watching our players continually taking the field each week and looking like chooks with their heads cut off.. No guidance, no game plan and NO **** Idea !!!! No more crap about sacking Neeld would not achieve anything , give him till the end of the season etc. If we DO NOT sack Neeld it will NOT achieve anything either !!! I think we must appoint N Craig as Senior coach without further delay...Trying that would at least be better than sitting back and watching and listening to the same old " we have a longer term plan" and "we were going ok " (on Sunday).. How weak and uninspiring is this man we call our Senior Coach ??? I have seen enough now of his actions and his feeble mini "press Conferences" just before and during the game with those so called "Boundary Riders". What do you think the coach of North Melbourne or even an even lower rated team such as the Bulldogs would have said to the media at the breaks if their teams were performing as pathetically as the Dees were at quarter time.I am sure it wouldn't have been what Neeldy said so nonchalently "we are doing well" etc etc. We were handballing to players under immense pressure (as we continued to do all day, we were picking out the opposition and blazing away without any purpose or system in our play. This has been happenning for far too long and is gut wrenching for someone like me who has supported this once proud club for over fifty long years.. Yes , for those who were born after 1964. believe me, it WAS a great Football club. Respected, Feared and SUCCESSFUL !! Please make a move now on the Coach and at least let us have a chance to see if a more positive, more talented person such as Craig can instill some semblance of pride and dignity into the hearts of this current crop of players on our list.. We DO have some talented boys there ,but if the attitude shown by just a few is allowed to continue then I am personally afraid the enthusiastic honest tryers in the team will eventually become as lethargic as SOME of their more senior peers.. I still love this club and will not be going anywhere .. It hurts to see them going the way they are.. p.s. I DO NOT blame Mark Neeld for what is happenning to our players... I blame the persons responsible for his appointment... He seems to be a decent person but that is NOT the issue here. He just isn't ready to be a successful AFL Senior coach in his own right...

• Like 2

FFS We were bad on Sunday. Brisbane were pathetic but we were worse !!! WE HAVE to make a move NOW !! I am sick of watching our players continually taking the field each week and looking like chooks with their heads cut off.. No guidance, no game plan and NO **** Idea !!!! No more crap about sacking Neeld would not achieve anything , give him till the end of the season etc. If we DO NOT sack Neeld it will NOT achieve anything either !!! I think we must appoint N Craig as Senior coach without further delay...Trying that would at least be better than sitting back and watching and listening to the same old " we have a longer term plan" and "we were going ok " (on Sunday).. How weak and uninspiring is this man we call our Senior Coach ??? I have seen enough now of his actions and his feeble mini "press Conferences" just before and during the game with those so called "Boundary Riders". What do you think the coach of North Melbourne or even an even lower rated team such as the Bulldogs would have said to the media at the breaks if their teams were performing as pathetically as the Dees were at quarter time.I am sure it wouldn't have been what Neeldy said so nonchalently "we are doing well" etc etc. We were handballing to players under immense pressure (as we continued to do all day, we were picking out the opposition and blazing away without any purpose or system in our play. This has been happenning for far too long and is gut wrenching for someone like me who has supported this once proud club for over fifty long years.. Yes , for those who were born after 1964. believe me, it WAS a great Football club. Respected, Feared and SUCCESSFUL !! Please make a move now on the Coach and at least let us have a chance to see if a more positive, more talented person such as Craig can instill some semblance of pride and dignity into the hearts of this current crop of players on our list.. We DO have some talented boys there ,but if the attitude shown by just a few is allowed to continue then I am personally afraid the enthusiastic honest tryers in the team will eventually become as lethargic as SOME of their more senior peers.. I still love this club and will not be going anywhere .. It hurts to see them going the way they are.. p.s. I DO NOT blame Mark Neeld for what is happenning to our players... I blame the persons responsible for his appointment... He seems to be a decent person but that is NOT the issue here. He just isn't ready to be a successful AFL Senior coach in his own right...

You lost me at appoint Craig

2 reasons -

You haven't done any reasearch outherwise you'd know Craig dosen't want to be a senior coach & Craig is currently in the same FD as Neeld - what makes you think anything would change by sacking Neeld and appointing Craig?

Sorry mate love the passion but your argument lacks a lot of credibility....This club is on a long long rebuild there will be no quick fixes IMO and sacking Neeld now does not gaurentee quick improvement

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Just to add

I sincerly hope 2 things are happening at the MFC

1. The board is in constant discussion with the FD to keep the FD accountable (and they are fully aware of what Neeld & co are trying to acheive)

2. When the new CEO starts (Jackson) he reviews the whole operations of the MFC and makes recommendations to the AFL to fix the board and the FD

In the mean time I think Neeld should be coaching until this full review is done

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2

Just to add

1. The board is in constant discussion with the FD to keep the FD accountable (and they are fully aware of what Neeld & co are trying to acheive)

2. When the new CEO starts (Jackson) he reviews the whole operations of the MFC and makes recommendations to the AFL to fix the board and the FD

In the mean time I think Neeld should be coaching until this full review is done

That really makes me sad that last sentence. The management plans that were put in place over the years must of been done on butchers paper and crayons. It is hard to believe that we have been this bad for this long!. If i didnt laugh i would be crying!. Im worried that in 6 months this jackson fellow won't have gotten to the bottom of whats going on. All the trouble makers will be on their best behavior while hes on his contract and nothing will change!

• Like 1

Watching Moloney rip us to shreds on Sunday broke my heart and then to read an article on the Melbourne website how Neeld congratulates him on a great game made me want to spew up.

Neeld states Moloney wanted to go, no bloody wonder when he is stripped of any leadership duties andnot given a game and when he does get a game is given stupid match ups like tagging out side runners like Wells.

Neeld is an egotistical twit who needs to go bloody quickly or our club will be in a dire financial mess at years end

• Like 3

That really makes me sad that last sentence. The management plans that were put in place over the years must of been done on butchers paper and crayons. It is hard to believe that we have been this bad for this long!. If i didnt laugh i would be crying!. Im worried that in 6 months this jackson fellow won't have gotten to the bottom of whats going on. All the trouble makers will be on their best behavior while hes on his contract and nothing will change!

Would we still losing a f___load of games?

People are reading this Jackson installation as something akin to dose of penicillin for the whole club.

He is just going to come in and give us an idea of best practice when it comes to the Board's role in governance of the FD - make sure that the finances are what we say they are, push for the club to make a sane decision (and a proper process should he make way) on the coach at the end of the season, and take Schwab's commercial duties.

But Neeld's fate will be decided the way all coaches fate is decided - results and performance.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

This is exactly why Jackson was given the job.

He will not take sides or make favourites.

Those retarding the club will be moved on i have no doubt.

One department at a time.

A lot can be done in 183 days....

You lost me at appoint Craig

2 reasons -

You haven't done any reasearch outherwise you'd know Craig dosen't want to be a senior coach & Craig is currently in the same FD as Neeld - what makes you think anything would change by sacking Neeld and appointing Craig?

Sorry mate love the passion but your argument lacks a lot of credibility....This club is on a long long rebuild there will be no quick fixes IMO and sacking Neeld now does not gaurentee quick improvement

I know they are in the same FD, (by the way, Mick Malthouse didn't want to be a Senior coach again) but I am probably just as frustrated as most Members at this stage and am probably "clutching at straws" a little but to do NOTHING and leave the coaching situation as is would only make our long long rebuild even longer and I for one cannot just sit back and wait another decade or more suffering this so called "rebuild". Why do other clubs who were at stages much lower on the ladder than us and in similar positions seem to get up off there Arses and eventually start rebuilding and in very little time pass us as we seem to remain stagnan.t Maybe they don't win Premierships in a hurry (Premierships are NOT easy to come by) but they seem to at least participate in Finals ??? Western Bulldogs were lagging behind us but passed us and played in finals series, St Kilda did the same,Even Carlton were the laughing stock not many years ago as were Port Adelaide and more... Melbourne Football Club languishes and invariably comes up with the excuse "oh we're rebuilding" . WE may be rebuilding but I think we should take a serious look at the "Building Contractors" and the persons responsible for "Awarding" the successful "Tenders" so to speak... Not a good record ??

Watching Moloney rip us to shreds on Sunday broke my heart and then to read an article on the Melbourne website how Neeld congratulates him on a great game made me want to spew up.

Neeld states Moloney wanted to go, no bloody wonder when he is stripped of any leadership duties andnot given a game and when he does get a game is given stupid match ups like tagging out side runners like Wells.

Neeld is an egotistical twit who needs to go bloody quickly or our club will be in a dire financial mess at years end

Neelds obession with getting talls during the trade period always seemed strange considering our inept midfield from 2012. Moving Moloney on seemed to add to this imbalance of the list.

Neelds obession with getting talls during the trade period always seemed strange considering our inept midfield from 2012. Moving Moloney on seemed to add to this imbalance of the list.

Simon Black rates extremely highly as a player and has played with some greats at Brisbane.

His comments on how highly rated Moloney is at Brisbane were insightful and absolutely damning to the idiot we have coaching at Melbourne

Just to add

ummm, i'm trying to get my mind around this

the board appoints the CEO and he is responsible to the board

but you are suggesting the CEO reports to the AFL on how to fix the board?

Isn't that a direct conflict of interest and responsibility?

• Like 1

ummm, i'm trying to get my mind around this

the board appoints the CEO and he is responsible to the board

but you are suggesting the CEO reports to the AFL on how to fix the board?

Isn't that a direct conflict of interest and responsibility?

I'll try clarify what I said as I don't know for sure what is happening

I think the AFL is worried about the MFC - Jackson is an AFL HQ man - all i've done is put 1 and 1 together

I realise the CEO is appointed by the board - the CEO is responisble for the management of the club on and off field, sets standards et etc. There has already been a review done by............ (someone will know the report, Andrews or soemthing????) not sure but it was done by CS and never released... I think that will be Jackson's first point of call. I don't think there is anywhere for anyone to hide or be on good behaviour

We don't know what the FD KPI's are for 2013 - but I am hoping Jackson can step in and shake the place up a little

I guess my point is when Jackson steps in he can make an informed decision who is to blame for the MFC's recent preformance and make recommendations to the Board and AFL if required

I woudln't at all be supried with a few changes - and if it is Neeld so be it, but I don't and won't put all the blame on Neeld until a proper review is done

I know they are in the same FD, (by the way, Mick Malthouse didn't want to be a Senior coach again) but I am probably just as frustrated as most Members at this stage and am probably "clutching at straws" a little but to do NOTHING and leave the coaching situation as is would only make our long long rebuild even longer and I for one cannot just sit back and wait another decade or more suffering this so called "rebuild". Why do other clubs who were at stages much lower on the ladder than us and in similar positions seem to get up off there Arses and eventually start rebuilding and in very little time pass us as we seem to remain stagnan.t Maybe they don't win Premierships in a hurry (Premierships are NOT easy to come by) but they seem to at least participate in Finals ??? Western Bulldogs were lagging behind us but passed us and played in finals series, St Kilda did the same,Even Carlton were the laughing stock not many years ago as were Port Adelaide and more... Melbourne Football Club languishes and invariably comes up with the excuse "oh we're rebuilding" . WE may be rebuilding but I think we should take a serious look at the "Building Contractors" and the persons responsible for "Awarding" the successful "Tenders" so to speak... Not a good record ??

You are correct in a lot of what you say Soxy and I agree - I hate us being a laughing stock - My argument is, I want to know any decision made by the club is fully informed and the best decision and not reactional - ie Sacking Neeld now, finding a replacement etc etc

Read post 893 - I hope that explains my position - I am happy if Neeld is stepped down for the right reasons

I don't doubt we all want the MFC to be successful again - I am hoping someone can step in and make the right decisions. Neeld promises professionalim and better footy standards (who are we to say he is not delivering at the moment???) And yes I know our recent results - but is this a true refleciton of the progress or failure??

If Jackson says yes I am happy to agree, but I dont agree with trial by opinion

Edited by Unleash Hell

Sarcasm?

Simon Black rates extremely highly as a player and has played with some greats at Brisbane.

His comments on how highly rated Moloney is at Brisbane were insightful and absolutely damning to the idiot we have coaching at Melbourne

did you think simon black would say moloney is krap and i dont want him at the club????????

• Like 5

I might be wrong but i think a lot of people have a inflated idea of what a 6 month interim but full-time ceo can achieve

he walks into a strange (and i emphasise strange) new club cold

as well as managing the club he is to do an in-depth review of the club and suggest major changes

he is to report to both the board and the afl

there is no outgoing ceo to do an in-depth handover

he has to help find his successor

the andrews report will be ancient history as many of the big-knobs from that era are gone or doing different jobs (but no doubt will make interesting reading anyway)

All of this is supposition because i can't find any club or afl statements spelling this out

I'm sure he will do some sort of review but i can't see it as being as extensive and in-depth as some would wish

The players aren't playing for Neeld. As if most players are not already looking forward to the end of the season already. Especially those out of contract. Neeld hasn't lost the players. He's never had tEven if this s

even if this statement is true......... You'll need to sack the whole FD as the players can't only choose not to play for the coach, the whole FD is included

Do you purpose an intrim FD as well??

Are you telling me Craig and Mission and co are poor coaches??

That statement is pretty [censored] poor TBH - I think i'd argue about ability and AFL experience of the player before not playing for the coach