Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Very happy to get that prediction wrong

We are definetly not out of the woods though... no doubt about that

Best last qtr ever by the MFC in it's 152 years - Neeld clearly is the problem

Take away that last quarter and it may have been so.. It was a frustrating day... Like every other round.

• Like 2

Take away that last quarter and it may have been so.. It was a frustrating day... Like every other round.

totally agree mate, I saw the writing on the wall at 3 qtr time, if we lost this club would have been ripped to shreads

I understand that a clean slate can refresh a club, but how many re-builds can this club sustain?

I'd be really disappointed if I heard the club say anything but there is a lot of hard work to do.... But that last qtr confirmed to me that given the chance and time to develop something speacial could develop with a lot of hard work....

And I don't thank anyone here is kiddinf themselves if it is Neeld or not - there is a lot, a [censored] lot of hard work to do to get this club back where it belongs

Edited by Unleash Hell

The only time we've been competitive this year (moments of the first half last week, last quarter this week) we've played a brand of footy that is eerily reminiscent of the kind of football that was called 'one way' under the eye of Dean Bailey. All it does to me is prove that the gameplan has to be part structure, part cattle. Neelds game plan has been fat too structured to date and as a result we've looked to be going backwards.

• Like 4

Great to see a win, but I too am not convinced by today's performance - we are certainly not out of the woods!

I wonder if MN read Matthew Lloyd's article in today's Age - after many losses at Richmond, Hardwicke gave up on his preconceived (Hawthorn) gameplan and just let the players go one on one for several weeks. It certainly looked like that at the MCG today, as there wasn't much evidence of boundary line (Collingwood) style play - there was plenty of corridor and one on one style of football.

I wonder what will be learned from today.

• Like 1

Very strange game.

Neeld was 30mins from being sacked, I wonder what he said at 3/4 time? It did look like the players just went back to playing instinct footy.

Highest scoring 1/4 in 152 years at the 'g'. We do have the talent, we just gotta get rid of the coach that stifles our talent. I hope today's game showed people that the players are not the problem, it's the coach. That kind of turnaround is truly bizarre.

• Like 2

My god. The way we set up at stoppages today was still atrocious. There was usually one or two free GWS players on the defensive side of the pack. Had they released better by hand, they would have killed us. Every other team would have ripped us to shreds today. It was great to get a win for the supporters and players, but we're so far off the pace in the midfield it's scary. Jamar is finished too. Just get Gawn and Spencer rucking every week.

The pressure is still on Neeld. Lose big next week and this week will be forgotten very quickly.

• Like 2

Nothing changes. Come the end of the year, he needs to be replaced. Maybe sooner if we put in anymore Essendon-esqe performances.

We are not a seriously competitive team and we should be after so many years of bottoming out.

• Like 3

Very strange game.

Neeld was 30mins from being sacked, I wonder what he said at 3/4 time? It did look like the players just went back to playing instinct footy.

Highest scoring 1/4 in 152 years at the 'g'. We do have the talent, we just gotta get rid of the coach that stifles our talent. I hope today's game showed people that the players are not the problem, it's the coach. That kind of turnaround is truly bizarre.

How do you figure? It's the players who play poorly. It's the players who play well. It's all them.

• Like 3

Today just delays the inevitable.

Regardless of the outcome, they won't sack anyone else until Peter Jackson determines things when he joins on 1 May.

Spot on

My god. The way we set up at stoppages today was still atrocious. There was usually one or two free GWS players on the defensive side of the pack. Had they released better by hand, they would have killed us. Every other team would have ripped us to shreds today. It was great to get a win for the supporters and players, but we're so far off the pace in the midfield it's scary. Jamar is finished too. Just get Gawn and Spencer rucking every week.

The pressure is still on Neeld. Lose big next week and this week will be forgotten very quickly.

Agreed. The ease with which GWS got the ball out of the centre in the second quarter especially was worrying, verging on bizarre.

• Like 1

Would love to know what was said at 3 quarter time

"Had enough of all of you, I don't care what you do from now on!"

They said he spent very little time with the players at 3/4 time.

Well done Mark Neeld and the FD for weathering the storm and persisting!

I guess the Biggest score in the final term from the MFC ever (12.2) can't be attributed to the coach in any way, but well done Mark none the less.

Solid win, in the end!

Bring on the Lions.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 4

Id love to know if the instruction in the last was to kick long especially to the goal square.

We had talls there wasted all day until they decided to kick long in the last which put GWS under pressure and kept the play in our forward half.

Was it a Neeld instruction or did the players take it upon themselves or is this something Neeld has wanted them to do and they havent executed?

It's more a question of finding someone willing to take us on for the long haul ,getting them signed to a five year contract ,then sacking them immediately to avoid complacency .

It's a strange tactic I'll admit but at least people will begin to take us seriously.

Does anyone ever think it's ironic that the club was started by Tom Wills ,a relative of Wills from Burke and Wills ,who died of starvation under a fruit tree surrounded by kangaroos ?

We'ave been losing our way for over 150 years.

Are u a new supporter ? can u tell me how many premierships the dees have got? if u don't know its 12 your mathematics are stupid,maybe u are carol wilson stick with the facts the club was once a powerful leader.

"Had enough of all of you, I don't care what you do from now on!"They said he spent very little time with the players at 3/4 time.

So if he fcuks off completely, can we still make finals? It's only round 4. The last quarter was finals worthy. Garland was exceptional.

I guess now the question is when is the new tipping point???

I haven't looked too far ahead but a 10 goal loss to the lions wiill that be enought to see Neeld gone??

Clearly we are not out of the woods - hopefully the boys can put together a couple of qtrs against some quality opposition.

So if he fcuks off completely, can we still make finals? It's only round 4. The last quarter was finals worthy. Garland was exceptional.

Haha there it is - hatersgonnahate.jpg

How do you figure? It's the players who play poorly. It's the players who play well. It's all them.

No Chook. Players follow the Coach's orders or they are dropped. Something different happened today after 3/4 time - apart from a young GWS side running out of legs, it was a very interesting turn-around!

No Chook. Players follow the Coach's orders or they are dropped. Something different happened today after 3/4 time - apart from a young GWS side running out of legs, it was a very interesting turn-around!

Then you have to take your hat off to Neeld for saving the big effort for the last qtr

I don't really beleive that - payers play - they coaches instruct but it dosen't always happen to plan

You can't have your cake and eat it too Hardnut - when we are losing you can't blame it all on the coach then when we win not give credit

Neeld is not out of the woods - but 12 goals in the last has to give us supporters and the players something to believe in

• Like 1

Five players playing in their first win (Viney, Terlich, Pedersen, Byrnes, M Jones), great to see the recruiting strategy start to pay dividends.

Reckon Shannon "Monty" Byrnes kept us in it in the first half... not that the recruiting of experienced players can be attributed to the coach in any way, but well done Mark none the less.

Our half against West Coast and our quarter against GWS, suggests we are better than Mark Neeld makes us out to be.

He makes our we are a young, inconsistant team who will take year to rebuild.

I agree we are inconsisant - but that isn't because of our youth and we don't need a massive rebuild.

Neeld just says this to take the heat of his inability to get the best out of our players.

We were insipid for 3 quarters today and the side that played the last quarter, isn't a side that suggests we need a rebuild.

We need a new coach that can get the best out of the lads for 4 quarters, we don't need a rebuild.

Instead, the club could use a coach who develops the talent that it has.

• Like 4

Five players playing in their first win (Viney, Terlich, Pedersen, Byrnes, M Jones), great to see the recruiting strategy start to pay dividends.

Reckon Shannon "Monty" Byrnes kept us in it in the first half... not that the recruiting of experienced players can be attributed to the coach in any way, but well done Mark none the less.

I love Terlich and M Jones as recruits - these two have a dip. Byrnes had a good game... hopefully as the year goes on he'll provide more of that effort.