More home games in Darwin coming...

stuie

Broadcast deal is roughly $1B/5 years or $200M/yr. The AFL distributes roughly $10M per club per year - you do the maths.

the Maths equations coming from Ch7 interest me far more, because that dictates exposure from which Sponsorships & Memberships are generated.

It was $1.2 Billion over 5 years actually, that .2 Bill is a lot of revenue Kerry Stokes has to get back on top of the $1 Bill...

Agree, Punt Rd Oval now is a waste of valuable real estate in an area where all the sporting infrastructure is already there.

i thought punt road was smaller than afl standards

I know they repositioned it recently but

anyone know the details?

Casey might not get a 20k stadium due to lack public transport but it would be great for the South East to have some stadia in that area.

Would be ideal for us to play a few games there a season and make some money.

I would keep looking into how we can do that, but stay realistic in the meantime.

3165 take a look at the Broadcast deal. I have tried to spell it out.

We are not in their calculations sadly.

Well point me to the facts, not what you think, where has it been said that the Dee's will be thrown off the G if the blue baggers manage to play out of the G?

Well point me to the facts, not what you think, where has it been said that the Dee's will be thrown off the G if the blue baggers manage to play out of the G?

It's in the laws that WYL views everything about the Demons by

WCS

Worst Case Scenario and a large amount of feeling sorry for yourself

• Like 2

if Carlton become a full time tennant at the 'G we will be edged out within the decade.

Unless we can pull crowds.

Its AFL economics. Look at the yearly draw. We get fcuk all big games apart from QB.

Carlton Home games at the 'G will be Friday and Saturday night.

Ch7 need to pay the bills.

Ballarat and Bendigo would be ideal for one or two games a season.

Disagree, and it's a parochial view. What next if that doesn't work out, Wangaratta or Bairnsdale?

We're the only club in the AFL not historically, geographically or culturally tied to a region or a city. If we're to expand our supporter base, and everything that goes with it (sponsorship, membership, profile, exposure etc. etc.), we need to try and do so into regions where this is NO other AFL club. The only real (and realistic) location left where that's the case is the NT, and together with Casey, this is a great opportunity for the club to build and expand in the longer term.

if Carlton become a full time tennant at the 'G we will be edged out within the decade.

Unless we can pull crowds.

Its AFL economics. Look at the yearly draw. We get fcuk all big games apart from QB.

Carlton Home games at the 'G will be Friday and Saturday night.

Ch7 need to pay the bills.

Again you haven't answered my question, so I take it that there are no facts to back you up......no problem.

Again you haven't answered my question, so I take it that there are no facts to back you up......no problem.

what facts don't you follow?

Carlton pull a crowd. They are a "Big 4" club

We are not.

Oh and i have inside info from Ch7...Us TV people do talk.

What is your actual Question or is it that you just do not want to believe how TV works??

Yeah maybe, but when when people try to defend their view with utter crap without facts to back it up and have a need to be right then I suppose I should tone it down I should no better..........but hey "i'm not qualified remember"

so what, do you kick people when on the ground, in the head too?

Some things are just below the belt, like racism, & using real personal insults to mock your target.

Surely your bigger & braver than that?

stooping that low is just primary schools stuff unfortunately, & I want to see Australia revert back to being above that crap.

If someone says something you don't like, turn away. there is no winning any arguments, its a fallacy... only people may change their minds, but that isn't losing, its changing your mind.

Once you go to personal insults, you lose respect yourself.

• Like 1

so what, do you kick people when on the ground, in the head too?

Some things are just below the belt, like racism, & using real personal insults to mock your target.

Surely your bigger & braver than that?

stooping that low is just primary schools stuff unfortunately, & I want to see Australia revert back to being above that crap.

If someone says something you don't like, turn away. there is no winning any arguments, its a fallacy... only people may change their minds, but that isn't losing, its changing your mind.

Once you go to personal insults, you lose respect yourself.

What are you his bodyguard, so lets deal with something here, he has opened his mouth posting rubbish to the point he now really believes it when asked for facts he cannot produce them but still reply's with the same rubbish, I am allowed to question him or do you just believe in what ever he says, as for your reply's your are resorting to the same thing about me, so how about following your own rules.........

What are you his bodyguard, so lets deal with something here, he has opened his mouth posting rubbish to the point he now really believes it when asked for facts he cannot produce them but still reply's with the same rubbish, I am allowed to question him or do you just believe in what ever he says, as for your reply's your are resorting to the same thing about me, so how about following your own rules.........

Rubbish that i know believe....

Fact. Ch7 had to pay far more for the rights than they intended. Ok.

Now as a payback they are involved in fixturing with the AFL. Ok

The MFC are way down the pecking order at this stage apart from QB, which we are very lucky to keep.

Did you read the Hun back page today? It's gonna get harder.

Whats so hard to understand, demon3165? that the tv stations who do have a say in the tv rights wouldnt choose a dees game with sub par footy and a 12 goal thrashing , over fixturing a clash of two strong and strongly supported sides in a prime time tv slot? its very basic stuff. the mfc will need to turn it around quick cause the train has pulled out of the station and is beginning to race away. the longer the club is under performing the harder it will be to climb back.

If there is talk of a boutique stadium it should be at Casey, with 2 major stadiums in the City of Melbourne, 1 boutique stadium in Geelong then it makes sense for a second stadium at Casey. What this does for us who knows but it makes sense that this area needs a quality stadium.

I reckon as we expand the competition, they're will be a bit of Overexposure.

I wonder, & can imagine that the Ideal would be for 2 stadiums in the inner Melbourne. >>> the 'MCG', & a Boutique Stadium at E-gate or @ Whitten Oval...

Whitten Oval is serviced by Trains connected to the City Loop, & to V-line routes, Geelong/Warnambool line, Ballarat/Adelaide line & Bendigo/SwanHill/Echuca lines, & easy access from the Albury/Sydney & the Metro lines.

IMO one day all we'll need is the MCG & 4 boutique grounds & no Etihad stadium... (leveled & redeveloped)

4 boutique grounds, one Inner @ Whitten Oval, one @ Geelong, one outer Northern suburbs near Pascoe Vale, & one Sth-Eastern suburbs, IMO @ the Sandown area would be ideal.

This would also bring the game back to the people, @ venues that would be easy to get to... & no stress footy again.

Interstate teams & OverSeas teams could play the boutique grounds in the H&A games, & the bigger games could be played at the 'G'...

Edited by dee-luded

i thought punt road was smaller than afl standards

I know they repositioned it recently but

anyone know the details?

they've extended the surface & leveled it out, taken the 'fall' out of it. its close the the 'G' size.

Edited by dee-luded

the only thing I'm bodyguarding is doing the right thing.

You seem to think if someone is wrong according to you, & they keep backing that view, then you can come in with personal insults of a demeaning kind.

So, I'm sticking up for good morals, & you seem to be using bullying tactics?

You can question him all you like, but you don't have the right to be abusive with those demeaning comments of a personal nature.

To me its just that.

Edited by dee-luded

Why does the broadcast deal have any bearing on where we play? The broadcasters interest lies in viewer numbers- viewers that are on their fat arses in their living rooms. The big games can be played at any stadium.

Why does the broadcast deal have any bearing on where we play? The broadcasters interest lies in viewer numbers- viewers that are on their fat arses in their living rooms. The big games can be played at any stadium.

its not where they are played so much as when.

Ratings.

LMFAO.........I just don't believe it............

if You paid over $1 Billion for a product, which was more than you originally intended, do you not think you would want a large say in how that product was presented, So that you could entice the highest advertising revenue??

I think you would.

I reckon as we expand the competition, they're will be a bit of Overexposure.

I wonder, & can imagine that the Ideal would be for 2 stadiums in the inner Melbourne. >>> the 'MCG', & a Boutique Stadium at E-gate or @ Whitten Oval...

Whitten Oval is serviced by Trains connected to the City Loop, & to V-line routes, Geelong/Warnambool line, Ballarat/Adelaide line & Bendigo/SwanHill/Echuca lines, & easy access from the Albury/Sydney & the Metro lines.

IMO one day all we'll need is the MCG & 4 boutique grounds & no Etihad stadium... (leveled & redeveloped)

4 boutique grounds, one Inner @ Whitten Oval, one @ Geelong, one outer Northern suburbs near Pascoe Vale, & one Sth-Eastern suburbs, IMO @ the Sandown area would be ideal.

This would also bring the game back to the people, @ venues that would be easy to get to... & no stress footy again.

Interstate teams & OverSeas teams could play the boutique grounds in the H&A games, & the bigger games could be played at the 'G'...

Certainly food for thought 'dee-luded', on first early morning view I like the idea.

I am really sorry, but this thread has gone off on a tangent that is full of factless almost baseless assertions about the future of the AFL and this club.

It's your right to keep looking over your shoulder at what is about to happen, but I think we should be looking forward to what we can do to affect the situation.

Jake Niall wrote yesterday:

Melbourne, meanwhile, has been doing its down feasibility of whether a boutique Casey Fields ground could make the club money for low-drawing games.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cashstrapped-clubs-need-the-house-that-jack-rebuilt-20130320-2gfiu.html#ixzz2OD0MUnpj

If this is true and comes to something than it will be another turning of a weakness - low gate games against Freo, GWS, GC, WCE, BL, Adel, or PA into a $500k of pure profit a game.

I hope they exhaust all avenues.

• Like 1

I too hope that they exhaust all avanues pursuing a partnership with the NT and Darwin. The upside is that we get a whole state united behind us whether that translates to financial members or not. It is a great venue to play the low-gate Clubs (even if I am a MCC member, the MFC doesn't benefit from games at the MCG) and far better for us than Etihad. Another upside might be if we can wangle exclusive access to the indigenous players from the top end [as the four Qld & NSW clubs mange to do to a limited extent] then we might unearth some freakish players 'a la Jurrah'.

• Like 1

I too hope that they exhaust all avanues pursuing a partnership with the NT and Darwin. The upside is that we get a whole state united behind us whether that translates to financial members or not. It is a great venue to play the low-gate Clubs (even if I am a MCC member, the MFC doesn't benefit from games at the MCG) and far better for us than Etihad. Another upside might be if we can wangle exclusive access to the indigenous players from the top end [as the four Qld & NSW clubs mange to do to a limited extent] then we might unearth some freakish players 'a la Jurrah'.

You have my vote