Oli or Jack

Courtney_Fish

family-guy-mom.gif

Hilarious.. Youre the GifMaestro!

My cat's name is Mittens

Seriously great f*cking timing..

Nice work lads.. a great way to start off a b'day - p!ssing yourself laughing!

EDIT: New ep's of Fam Guy, Am dad and Cleveland out at EZTV now - for all us interested!.. Simpsons too..

Edited by DemonDan...

At least im commenting on 3 or 4 games that these kids have played really well in.. Wines BOG against us for eg,

Where as Viney played ok in 1..

BUT youre telling me he will be the pick of the bunch?..

Should i remind you "WE havent played a game yet?" or did i see that somewhere recently..

Spot on, just making a statement with not much to back it up like someone else did. 2 young players at the start of their careers with what looks like a promising future ahead of them given that neither has played a senior AFL game of football. Looking forward to see how it all their careers develop. Wish them both every success but of course Viney the ultimate success with the MFC.

DemonDanElipsis - I am discussing it - I am telling you that it was impossible to get all three.

You can ignore history and placate your view if you want to, but the fact remains that whether or not GWS or GC thought Viney was top 2 material is mooted by the fact that THE WHOLE WORLD knew we were going to take Jack. We signed him up FCS.

The deal we did meant that instead of getting Viney, Toumpas, Pick 13 and Pick 26. We would get Hogan, Barry, Toumpas, Viney and Pick 20.

You may grandstand about the efficacy of getting Hogan instead of Wines but it is pointless. Not only is it now history it was rendered impossible by the fact that Viney was such a tempting FS selection. We got him at 26 and that was a huge win, and one that we paid for by giving slightly too much for Hogan.

But we still made out huge winners in the deal.

I've backed Viney for the rising star and pending he doesn't get suspended for decapitating another player, he'll give it a shake.

Also had a saver on Wines and on exposed form thus far, Ollie should be fav, just ahead of O'meara.

No doubt as soon as the real stuff starts, Viney will shorten right in.

As for who is the better player, I'd prefer Viney, I think he is a little better balanced, has better skills.

Hard to argue who has better smarts and both are absolutely ferocious tacklers.
Wines has a better non dominant foot.

They will both be guns.

Knowing our luck, Wines will be the greatest player of all time.

Meanwhile, we'll be forever bemoaning Viney's disposal, Toumpas ends up being a poor mans Cale Morton, and Hogan becomes a 4 time All Australian centre half forward....... For Fremantle.

lol

If only it didn't all ring so horribly true.

I'll say one thing, if we can't develop a player of Jimmy Toumpas' calibre, we should just chuck it in.

I am worried same thing that happened to Trengove will happen to Viney.

Neeld and co will force a defensive mindset onto him and he will have no attacking flair. Like the rest of our mids.

I am worried same thing that happened to Trengove will happen to Viney.

Neeld and co will force a defensive mindset onto him and he will have no attacking flair. Like the rest of our mids.

You're an absolute gem, olisik.

Comedy gold.

And the mind-numbing stupidity of some to think that we don't need KPFs, but are desperate to get mids...

You are all aware that pick 20 came to us in the Hogan trade?

The pick we then used to acquire Chris Dawes?

Or maybe some are foolish enough to think Clark on his own is enough...

• Like 1

Knowing our luck, Wines will be the greatest player of all time.

Meanwhile, we'll be forever bemoaning Viney's disposal, Toumpas ends up being a poor mans Cale Morton, and Hogan becomes a 4 time All Australian centre half forward....... For Fremantle.

Wines will be a good player, but his kicking is pedestrian. It's certainly not as good as Viney's.

But he does get a lot of it, which is half the battle. His disposal efficiency against Melbourne was the second worst for Port Adelaide. That said, it's an ordinary stat and even more ordinary from just one sample.

You can't get every good young player and I'm certain that in time we'll be pleased with this year's crop. Hogan will be a star and quality mids are far easier to attract than star key forwards, not withstanding our difficulty identifying them in recent times.

You're an absolute gem, olisik.

Comedy gold.

And the mind-numbing stupidity of some to think that we don't need KPFs, but are desperate to get mids...

You are all aware that pick 20 came to us in the Hogan trade?

The pick we then used to acquire Chris Dawes?

Or maybe some are foolish enough to think Clark on his own is enough...

? Your talking down to me about voicing an opinion because why? You feel good putting fellow supports down i take it. *Clap Clap*

Good one champ. You might get a medal one day

Also I did not mention anything to do with Dawes, Hogan ect trade so i got no idea why you are rambling on about it after quoting me.

Edited by olisik

Fact is we are so starved of talent,we are pinning our hopes on kids, who havent played a senior regular season game yet.

Years ago they wouldve gone straight to the under 19s, and earned their spot.

Having said that i do believe it will come.

What we really need to see is the improvement of guys like Trengove, Tapscott,Watts ,Blease, Sylvia etc.. To get to the next level.

The kids should be icing onthe cake.

I grouped it with your equally naff views.

Live with it.

Pathetic logic. Puts down one comment with no justification then rambles on about something that is unrelated.

Someone didn't get enough attention growing up.

Edited by olisik

Fact is we are so starved of talent,we are pinning our hopes on kids, who havent played a senior regular season game yet.

Years ago they wouldve gone straight to the under 19s, and earned their spot.

Having said that i do believe it will come.

What we really need to see is the improvement of guys like Trengove, Tapscott,Watts ,Blease, Sylvia etc.. To get to the next level.

The kids should be icing onthe cake.

Spot on DeeZee

I reckon we aer in for another tough year (on the field and on this forum).... fingers crossed - these boys have good years and Dawes, Rodan and Byrnes can add something and we may win a couple games this year!!!

I do beleive we are on the right track with Neeld - I just don't think we'll get the overnight success we all want

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Pathetic logic. Puts down one comment with no justification then rambles on about something that is unrelated.

Someone didn't get enough attention growing up.

You, by the looks of it.

There's no logic to understand, it's simply 2 points made in the one post, grouped by a common theme.

But go on, you can continue your banal grandstanding by making unfair and ignorant comments.